What's new

"Now Showing"

Coming from a girl who thinks Pearl Harbor is bland..

We've been watching Pearl Harbor in History class the last couple of days, as the teacher puts it on while we do our in-class exam review. I watched it a long time ago, probably right after it first was released on video, and I didn't really like it much then but I do kinda like it now. It's a bit on the long side no doubt, but I think people who say it's a copy of Titanic can shove it up their butts. It has a decent storyline, maybe not the most historically accurate thing, but it's worth a watch, if only once.

I didn't say it was bland, freakin' mofo :p .

Honestly though, how could you even live with teeth in your crotch? Everytime you tried to have sex you'd like, bite the other guys dick off.

This might sound like a stupid question, but is it even possible for someone to have a deformity that makes them have crotchteeth?

John91

Mega Poster
For once I agree with you clam.

I just got Superbad on DVD. Still awesomely funny. I want to watch it over and over again. It's that good.

mrclam

Giga Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Honestly though, how could you even live with teeth in your crotch? Everytime you tried to have sex you'd like, bite the other guys dick off.

Erm.. That's the whole point of the movie..

This might sound like a stupid question, but is it even possible for someone to have a deformity that makes them have crotchteeth?

Do a google/wikipedia search on

vagina dentata

Pearl habour WAS bland..

And crap.

Nah it was too long but it wasn't bland. Then again, I suppose you're entitled to your opinion.

I just got Superbad on DVD. Still awesomely funny. I want to watch it over and over again. It's that good.

Lol I watched it again the other night, and even though I've seen it like a million times since I got the DVD, it's still the most hilarious movie ever created.

Do a google/wikipedia search on

vagina dentata

I did and it's showing a Rapex thing that you shove up your cooch to stop guys from raping you.

John91

Mega Poster
Aliens Versus Predator: Requiem. Hmmm. A very very strange film. Fairly good violence, but too funny in places where it shouldn't be for example, any time someone died. It was good to see Aliens and Predators battle at last though.

It also gains the award for funniest line in film History: "But the government would never lie to us"
Me and Dan burst out laughing when we heard that.

So, with high hopes, I went to see Juno last night, which for anyone who doesn't know, it was just a low budget film at first but it got really good reviews so they released it all around instead of just in select theatres.

I have to say, Ellen Page is an amazing actress! I'm so glad she's now more known than ever because she was really awesome in the film and I have a feeling we'll be seeing her pop up in more movies now.

As for the actual movie, I thought it was great. I'm definitely going to buy it when it comes out, as it had a lot of funny bits but there was a serious side to it as well. Loved the girl's attitude though, she was awesome!

I'd give it a 9/10 overall. Definitely worth a watch!

Superbad was too long and not very funny imho.

Too long? It was just a bit over an hour and a half. I still think it's one of the funniest movies ever made, though. Slapstick humour <3

.. Going to see cloverfield tonight

Enjoy. Out of like, thirty people, I've heard good reviews from about one person.

Ben

CF Legend
Furie said:
Watched Thirteen Ghosts afterwards then. Hmmmm... I can't make up my mind about this one. The film has some great moments, and for a small section in the middle, it's genuinely a frightening film. Everything else though is just pants. The direction, acting, script and cheese filled - boys own - story are abysmal. I have to give it credit for being excellent for 10 or 20 minutes though Laughing 2/5 again...

Yeah, I watched that this morning. The end was WTF, the story was pants, but it was just great cheesy horror with a few moments which I really liked.

And OMG, Sweeney Todd, the soundtrack is GREAT. I'm going have to see it ASAP. Go to Rugby, woo, they always let you in. Well, the once I've tried. Wasn't worth it...

Snoo

The Legend
The Bourne Ultimatum

9.5/10.

A rarity that a series delivers so well. Star Wars and LoTR were the only trifecta's to get great reviews from me all the way through.. this would be the 3rd. I loved it. The only thing that it suffered was a little less action. I expected it to be a little more crazy like the first two.

I honestly wasn't expecting much, but got a lot. Great movie.

mrclam

Giga Poster
GREAT!

I've found out a new way to judge movies!

If taylor and her friends like it.. chances are its a turdy teen "comedy"

If taylor and her friends dont like it.. chances are (like cloverfield) it'll be ace!

NEVER EVER EVER has my pulse raced so much watching a movie!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I watched 'O Brother where art thou' last night. George Clooney plays one of three escaped convicts, crossing the State of Mississippi avoiding the law and trying to get to some hidden treasure.

It's the first Cohen Brothers movie I've seen, so I'm now obviously more culturally enriched than I was previously.

The film is great though. It's a light, rambling tale with some superb references (picking up 'Tom' Johnson at the Crossroads having just sold his soul to the Devil :lol: ), clever dialogue and it's just very witty. Nothing massively LOL (though I did a couple of times) - just a great film, unpredictable and clever. The scene with the KKK - I almost wet myself, superb stuff. 5/5

I've found out a new way to judge movies!

If taylor and her friends like it.. chances are its a turdy teen "comedy"

If taylor and her friends dont like it.. chances are (like cloverfield) it'll be ace!

Actually, most of my favourite movies are classics, and regarded quite hightly (Wizard of Oz, Green Mile, etc). So I guess your theory isn't very good.

And, Superbad and Juno, though teenager movies, have also been ranked pretty highly by most people. I've never really been a fan of chick flicks or teen films but lately the ones that have been released are pretty good.

Glad you liked Cloverfield though. I'm not going to judge it because I haven't seen it, but I was just letting you know that most people I know don't like it.

Ollie

CF Legend
Well yesterday I was very lucky to see Sweeney Todd
Tim Burton makes this movie great with excelent sets, amazing cast, great songs and blood.
Some of the singing was a bit off, but then back in those days people didn't really sing as much.
But what I don't understand is why it's an 18? :?
They swear only three times through the whole film, and the deaths arn't as gory as everyone has hyped them up to be. I've seen quite a few 15's that are much more gory and horific than this.
Anyway I recomend this film to anyone.
10/10. :D

Edit: Realised that I put an extra 'o' in Todd. Oops.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Coaster Ollie said:
Some of the singing was a bit off, but then back in those days people didn't really sing as much.

That actually gets the biggest WTF I've ever posted in my life. It makes Taylors rubbish post pale into abject insignificance! :lol:

scan

Mega Poster
^^ coaster ollie, i have seen a lot of 15's is there anychance you could tell me which ones they were because i was extremely **** off when they announced it as a 18