What's new

"Now Showing"

scan

Mega Poster
^ i shall have to book a ferry to Ireland in that case then.

Just a thought i have been watching The Island in Chemistry, Fairly good film and Ewan Magregegor is exceptionatly good in it. It has a great cast and Complex story, certainly worth a watch 8/10

mrclam

Giga Poster
furie said:
Coaster Ollie said:
Some of the singing was a bit off, but then back in those days people didn't really sing as much.

That actually gets the biggest WTF I've ever posted in my life. It makes Taylors rubbish post pale into abject insignificance! :lol:

Laughing my jolly little a$$ off.

I was thinking the EXACT same thing!
:lol:

peep

CF Legend
Coaster Ollie said:
Some of the singing was a bit off, but then back in those days people didn't really sing as much.

LOL, that is highly amusing. One of the best quotes for a long time.

Earlier I watched Finding Nemo on DVD.

I still love this film, Dory has to be one of the best Pixar characters by far. The film is very emotional but has some great amusing moments to help break them up so the audience doesn't sit their crying all the time :p

Rating: 4.5/5

Ollie

CF Legend
Smelly said:
furie said:
Coaster Ollie said:

That actually gets the biggest WTF I've ever posted in my life. It makes Taylors rubbish post pale into abject insignificance! :lol:

Laughing my jolly little a$$ off.

I was thinking the EXACT same thing!
:lol:

Glad you liked it. :D

but really.... the singing wasn't amazing, but it was good enough to make the songs enjoyable.
Most actors in the film could sing, it's only a few that kinda sounded like one of those average people from the X-Factor. :)

Snoo

The Legend
V for Vendetta

I think I rated this bad boy before in here, but definitely a 10/10. I love this move.. one of my favorites.

mrclam

Giga Poster
I've avoided V for Vendetta.. as I love the comic book so much..

And I heard bad reviews of the movie.

Had fears of it being another hell boy.

Ben

CF Legend
but really.... the singing wasn't amazing, but it was good enough to make the songs enjoyable.
Most actors in the film could sing, it's only a few that kinda sounded like one of those average people from the X-Factor.

I dunno, going off the soundtrack, there's some fantastic vocals in there, and no poor ones. I mean, Johnny isn't a fantastic singer, he'll never light up Broadway with that voice, but for Sweeny, it's fantastic. It just suits it entirely. And HBC is brilliant. I've hated her in everything else I've ever seen her in, but she looks brilliant in this.

I really have to see it!

And as for V... fantastic film. Personally, I'd rate it that little bit higher then The Matrix, but I don't think it's quite the better film, I just enjoy it more.

And I just watched the Sixth Sense for the first time in years. I'd forgotten what a masterpiece that film is. It starts slow-ish, but from the cupboard scene to the end, it's fantastic. It's scary, it's emotional, it's flat-out brilliant. Shame everything else M. Night has made has been horse-turd (other then Signs).

And I just watched the Sixth Sense for the first time in years. I'd forgotten what a masterpiece that film is. It starts slow-ish, but from the cupboard scene to the end, it's fantastic. It's scary, it's emotional, it's flat-out brilliant. Shame everything else M. Night has made has been horse-turd (other then Signs).

Sixth Sense is really good, but I do think it's slightly overrated. Like, it's something I'd definitely watch more than once, and it was more than worth the one dollar I paid for it, but I wouldn't say it was a masterpiece. The ending quite surprised me though, but I should've seen it coming! "I see dead people" is also not really as scary as people make it out to be.

By the way, the movie to Kill a Mockingbird is so not as good as the book.

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
^Lol.

I went to watch Sweeney Todd last night, cracking film. Enjoyed it all. Yes it's a musical, but it's a bloody good one.

I had doubts whether I would enjoy this film as I'm not one for musicals but there's something about Sweeney Todd that makes it different.

I recommend it to those over 18 and not to those going to the cinema underage like myself.

peep

CF Legend
^ It doesn't usually depend on the chain of cinema but on the actual staff within the cinema.

Anyways onto my latest review...Blow

The films stars Johnny Depp as a drug dealer and basically shows how he got into the business etc. Its a great film which is amusing as well as shocking and you really feel for his character when he is in a stiky position. I would post a longer review but its not easy to type something up when browsing the net on a ps3.

Rating: 4/5

Ollie

CF Legend
peep said:
I would post a longer review but its not easy to type something up when browsing the net on a ps3.

I know how it feels. :(
It's much easier to use a USB keyboard, any one will do as long as it's USB. :D
Plus peep whats your online name for the PS3 as I havn't got you on my friends list yet? Mines 'sillymatman1' send me an invite. :D

Anyway back to the topic. :roll:
Yesterday I saw Cloverfield. Didn't know what to expect as I didn't know what it was about and all I had seen about it was that 20 second advert that gets shown on T.V.

Anyway... loved the way the film was done as it made you feel more involved with the film, like you were actually there. But the way the camera was used did get a bit anoying sometimes as your used to steady shots in films but here it's all over the place (but then it would be in that situation). :D

Anyway this film gets a respectfull 9/10. :D

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Catches up....

Smelly said:
I've avoided V for Vendetta.. as I love the comic book so much..

And I heard bad reviews of the movie.

Had fears of it being another hell boy.
Vendetta is alright, some lovely visuals and Hugo Weaving is brilliant as V. But the script feels tired and plays off the usual dystopian clichés too much. Natalie Portman is pretty useless as well.

Hellboy was a near-miss for me, again awesome visuals, and Ron Perlman is fantastic, but the pacing and story are inconsistent which undermines the film. Here's hoping Hellboy 2 nails it.

As for Sixth Sense, I adore it, it's a perfect film. I like Unbreakable a lot too, would have loved a sequel; Signs was really well made but didn't deliver on it's premise.

Furie said:
I watched 'O Brother where art thou' last night.
For me, O Brother, Where Art Thou is another perfect film, it's highly original and is exquisitely well made, the humour and pacing and tone are just perfect. If you want more Coen brothers try Miller's Crossing (gangsters) or The Big Lebowski (bonkers comedy).

Ben said:
And HBC is brilliant. I've hated her in everything else I've ever seen her in, but she looks brilliant in this.
She can't sing! She has the weakest voice there, yeah she looks the part and always acts well, but she can't have been the best choice - don't see how Tim Burton can be impartial when it's his wife :lol:.

Currently waiting for the Oscar bait to grace Swansea with it's presence: No Country For Old Men, There Will Be Blood etc. Bloody multiplexes...what's the point in having 2 cinemas 5 minutes apart showing exactly the same trash? :x

Homer

Hyper Poster
Meet the Spartans

Dumb comedy mashups at its "best." It's better than Date Movie and Epic Movie combined, but it is still a little bad. It just ends suddenly. But some of the spoofs were well done. Maybe its worth watching when it is at the "dollar theater" (if those exist elsewhere outside the US). Overall, its "eh..." at best. Just don't go in expecting "good dumb comedy" like Airplane or Dumb and Dumber.

2/5

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
John91 said:
What chain did you use to get in? I shall use it myself.

Empire Cinemas.

Like peep said, I doubt it matters which chain it is, just depends on the staff. I really doubt they're actually bothered with people who don't look considerably underage from entering.

Like peep said, I doubt it matters which chain it is, just depends on the staff. I really doubt they're actually bothered with people who don't look considerably underage from entering.

Yeah exactly. Most times I've gone I've gotten the two extremes; one chick wouldn't even let me use the bathrooms because she thought I was gonna sneak into the film, and another chick was just letting everyone through to a movie with an age restriction. It all kinda depends.

Meet the Spartans
2/5

Aw, I thought that actually looked like one of the funnier spoofing films. At least, I was hoping it would be better than the likes of "Not Another Teen Movie", and especially better than "Date Movie" which gets my vote as one of the worst movies made in the history of cinema.

Its not something I'm going to go to the theatre and watch, but I figure I'll still watch it when it's released on DVD.

So far my new "turd-o-meter" is working well..

Well it certainly looks (that being the keyword, as I haven't actually seen it yet) funnier than the two movies I mentioned, which are Date Movie and Not Another Teen Movie, both of which are absoloutely crap.

The only good spoof movies I've seen are the last three scary movies (didn't really like the first).