What's new

"Now Showing"

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, that IS his normal voice...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vry1corExlw[/youtube]

And it's not only funny because he's Irish... That's... You're ridiculous.

Also, Source Code was still stupid.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I watched Casablanca last night.

It was good, sagged a bit in the middle with the love interest part, but ended well. I can see why it's a classic.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I knew he was Irish, but I never realised his accent was THAT strong :p Blimey! Thanks for that guys, but I still stand by my point that his Irishness contributed to comedic effect :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ That's slightly racist, that is.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^ Sort of, but not quite. If the character had an English, American, Spanish or whatever accent, it just wouldn't have been as amusing and the jokes wouldn't have worked as well.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
So, I hate "scary movies" never liked them, personally I find them awful, they do not do anything for me. The Saw franchise can go and die because it is a pathetic excuse for a movie franchise. With that, I completed the Scream franchise, I reviewed the first one a few posts up, but I just have to say, as a movie fan, I appreciated this franchise so much more than I thought I would. The way it played with the rules, like deadpool does in the comics, it was enjoyable. The trilogy was quite enjoyable, actually had a story, not like Saw or any of that other crap, and had character depth. The simplicity of the killer, just a knife, is awesome. I can't wait for the new one.

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, I've literally just watched the last Saw for the first time, it wasn't great...

6 and 7 are still massive improvements on 4 and 5, but, the series hasn't been fantastic since 2 (1 and 2 are still and always will be amazing. I'd say 2 is the best sequel in a horror franchise... well, ever... Alien is sci-fi :p). The problem is it just got too OTT, too gory to the point where it's not even effective. Nowadays I still cringe when I watch the foot chopping at the end of the first, but, the traps in 7 were just over the top and stupid, really, to the point where it looks cartoony and doesn't have an effect on you (the Final Destination series suffers the EXACT same problem now as well, has done since 3).

I'll give it that it's still relatively good for a series with so many films in such a short amount of time, but, they're never going be AMAZING are they? So, it's weird. It's good for a series that has been around this long, but, not fantastic as far as an individual film goes.

The last ten-fifteen minutes (from the final trap of the "game" really) is a really good way to end it though I will say. Decent enough twist, just a shame ANYONE even remotely a fan could have seen it coming a mile off, but it's still a very, very fitting ending.

So, yeah, actually, thinking about it, I think the Saw series gets a little bit too much ****. It's actually good, 4 and 5 were a dip, but, it's overall solid and I defy anyone to find me 7 films outside of the Potter franchise that work together quite as well. Especially horror. It's decent!

Very excited for Scream 4 tomorrow though. Hayden <3

Snoo

The Legend
^Agreed all around. 1 was a fantastic movie.. something you didn't see coming at all.. but once the sequels came.. you were looking for the twist the whole time.. losing the novelty of the whole franchise tbh.. along with the stupid gore which is just meh.. etc etc..

Nic

Strata Poster
So, I finally got round to watching Priscilla: Queen of the Desert

OMG, it's ACTUALLY fab!

4/5

</gay>

Jer

Strata Poster
Last night I watched The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

I've heard many many good things about this movie. I overall thought it was pretty good, nothing to get excited over, but still good. The main character who was supposed to be a girl, looked and sounded like a little boy which I thought was pretty funny for a while, I eventually got over it. The art was amazing, and the story was solid

7/10

peep

CF Legend
Saw a few films at the cinema today. Started off with Your Highness

I love the cast, the sets and costume and overall production was just amazing and then there was the script. It was utter trash. The entire audience giggled twice! It's meant to be a comedy FFS! It was just so bad, which is a shame because visually it was great.

Rating: 1/5

Then the film every horror movie fan has been waiting for since well, Scream 3 :p ... Scream 4

I don't want to hype it too much but OMFG it was fantastic, an excellent addition to the already amazing Trilogy. The cast were awesome, the plot had enough twists in it to make it feel fresh and exciting and there were some great 'jump' moments. Oh and it absolutely rips the sh*t out of a particular movie franchise which makes it all sorts of win ;) I am a little concerned that it'll date quickly (which it even jokes about) but for the moment at least, it is a great film <3 Worth the wait? In my eyes, yes!

Rating: 4/5

I then ended the day with Red Riding Hood

Umm, it was pretty dire. Didn't help that I kept going to fall asleep (note to self, do NOT go to the cinema straight after a night shift), the screening was full of retarded girls that kept talking and screaming (internal rage nearly became external rage of no return because there is no need for running bloody commentary!!!!) and people kept playing on their mobile phones. Urgh, I do not like Easter holiday audiences, especially for films as boring as this. It was basically exactly the same as Twilight mixed with a bit of Romeo and Juliet. I was so happy when the credits appeared.

I was going to see Winnie the Pooh but I would have fallen asleep quite easily no matter what the film was :p Oh well, tomorrow night will feature epicness in the form of THE ROOM!!!!!!!!!!

Will

Strata Poster
peep said:
Saw a few films at the cinema today. Started off with Your Highness

I love the cast, the sets and costume and overall production was just amazing and then there was the script. It was utter trash. The entire audience giggled twice! It's meant to be a comedy FFS! It was just so bad, which is a shame because visually it was great.

Hahaha, anything with Natalie Portman not wearing very much is going to be great visually in my book, so I think I'm still seeing that one next week - not expecting much now I've read that though, was expecting at least a 3, it showed promise in terms of amusement :(

Will

Strata Poster
Oh yeah, and I'm actually quite jealous of the Room thing for some bizarre reason - judging by the nostalgia critic, it really DOES have to be seem to be believed, and again has promise to be utterly hysterical even if all for the wrong reasons. Enjoy :p