What's new

"Now Showing"

Snoo

The Legend
WelcomeToOblivion said:
Paul

Jane Lynch. Enough said really.
I found it to be an enjoyable film which raised a few laughs.
8/10

I don't know the obsession with this woman. Her 30 seconds on screen didn't make the movie any better.. lol

Ollie

CF Legend
The film was great though. It's no Hot Fuzz or Shaun of the Dead but it was still awesome.
I don't see how Jane Lynch being in it made it any better as well. She was only in it for about a minute.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ollie said:
The film was great though. It's no Hot Fuzz or Shaun of the Dead but it was still awesome.
I don't see how Jane Lynch being in it made it any better as well. She was only in it for about a minute.
But it wasn't ever trying to be Hot Fuzz or Shaun of the Dead. That's what the third part of that trilogy is for. This was completely different, and noticeably so.

Ollie

CF Legend
I know that. But anything with Pegg and Frost in is going to be compared to that. :p
I can't wait for the third film next year though. It's going to be epic. :)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Ha, exactly where the problem is. Don't compare it. It's easy really. ;)

Yeah, the last one is going to be awesome!

Lofty

CF Legend
I finally got around to watching United 93. I cried. I knew what was going to happen (obviously, anybody that doesn't is a social ignorant). But yeah, I cried. It's such a moving film and you can rely on the 'normality' of the actual flyers to bring the realism of the film back. Absolutely loved it!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Paul was amazing. Don't get the love with Jane lynch either, she's not that great tbh and her stuff is just so blah. Three titties? Awesome! I hated hot fuzz but loved Shaun of the dead so I'm glad this one was good.

9/10

Artichoke

Mega Poster
I honestly thought Season of the Witch would be a dud. But some friends of mine dragged me off to see it anyway.

It was... Beyond amazing. Awesome cast, and in my opinion? Nicolas Cage's best performance hands down.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
I finally got around to watching the original Stargate film. I'm so behind the times it's untrue.

Bit of a weird film, seems like they cut out half the story out but without fusing the remaining bits together very well. Kurt Russell is still a absolute legend, even though it appears he was being paid on a line-for-line basis judging by the amount of dialogue he has.

Carrie

I saw it ages ago when I was like, six, but obviously remembered very little of it. T'was okay, nothing spectacular. I felt really bad for Carrie and obviously wanted things to turn out and all that, but I knew what happened with the pig's blood and all that so it's not like I expected her life to turn around while I was watching it :p . The end scene was more intense than I remember, but as a whole it's just an alright film.

6.5/10

nadroJ

CF Legend
^It's an amazing film if you study feminism in horror (like I do =]).

I <3 John Travolta in this too, he's such a bastard!

^ I can see why people like it for sure, but I think it's definitely one of those classics which causes some people to like it only because it's classic, if that makes sense. Definitely has an interesting premise but it's not exactly scary (though the thought that anyone in the world has a mother like that is quite frightening, haha).

But yah, I'm not studying feminism in horror so I might not appreciate it as much as you do :p .

nadroJ

CF Legend
^There's a girl in my class at the moment writing a paper of what genre of horror scares us the most. Mine is alien abduction movies, they always scare the crap out of me but I don't know why. Slasher movies (I include Carrie, even though it's technically not) just aren't scary, just fun to watch if that's your sort of thing.

For scary thing see also: paranormal.

^ Slashers aren't scary to me, I just find them entertaining in a morbid sort of way. I'm probably desensitized since mummy let me watch them at like, age five.

For me I think the scariest types of horrors are the psychological ones that play on the unknown like Blair Witch and Paranormal Activity. The premise is so, so simple but it's something you can kinda relate to and wonder what you'd do in such a situation.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I'm currently looking as a unit in Film into all the horror/slasher/gore films and specifically looking at how different audiences react to them, in particular the differences between gender. Interesting to read your responses ;)

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Northsea Texas

The first ever Belgian gaymovie. Northsea Texas tells the story about 15-year old Pim, an unhappy and dreamy boy who lives with his crazy and fat accordeonplaying mother at the Belgian seaside, in a house where it smells like frying grease, cheap cigarettes and vermouth. As a child, Pim was always dreaming of a better life, princes and princesses. These days, at the age of 15, Pim dreams of his neighbour Gino, where he is secretly in love with. He becomes a part of his neigbours family and slowly finds out that the boy he likes so much is not that straight at all.

The trailer for this very touching movie:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NijFwKLxP4s[/youtube]

Ollie

CF Legend
Snoo said:
You are not allowed around here ever again if you don't like Hot Fuzz.

Urgh. That reminds me of this HORRIBLE girl in my media course in college. She always shouted and ranted about films and everytime someone mentioned Hott Fuzz she went off on one about how terrible it was and how she walked out the cinema halfway through. She did the same with the Dark Knight and it was funny as the whole class (even the lecturers) turned against her and started questioning what she was saying.

Funniest thing was that she wants to be a film reviewer haha. :p

Anyway I watched The Happening last night. Wish I hadn't have bothered and got some sleep instead. It's just pointless and barely has a plot at all. It's just 90 minutes of bad acting and people committing suicide because of the wind and plants. It didn't have a twist like other Shayamalan films and was just a complete waste of time.