What's new

"Now Showing"

peep

CF Legend
I saw the trailer a couple weeks back at the cinema and everyone was laughing...a lot. I reckon it could be worth-while. I've always enjoyed Jackass, they are always amusing, though that high five bit is bloody genius.

Last night I went to see Scott Pilgrim vs the World.

Still amazing in my opinion. I was worried it wouldn't be great second time around but it's still very funny and the style is awesome.
o
Rating: 4/5

The Shining

Pretty much on par with what I expected.. Creepy atmosphere, crazy guy, scary parts (okay not really conventionally scary but the part with the women in the bathtub creeped my out for some reason and there were a few other parts that made me cringe).. Yeah, I liked it. Ending was kinda meh but it was still good!

8.5/10

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Taylor, check yourself kid. Emma Stone is flippin gorgeous!

Think I am going to see The Town tonight. Heard it is absolutely fantastic! Apparently Ben Afleck is a terrific director as well as a good actor.

Oh, and just read the Emma Stone might be the new Mary Jane Watson in new Spiderman reboot, as well as in 21 Jump Street.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Shhh... silly girl... she's gorgeous. And that picture is a good one too!

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I'd love to bone Emma Stone! She is sex on legs...with arms...and breasts...etc

Anyway, long time since I posted in here. In the end, I haven't been able to see The Runaways as I haven't been able to go cinema for 2 weeks :/ I may see it this week, or may wait for a DVD release - either way, I will be seeing it.

Saw City of God the other day in Film Studies (it was also on my list). One word: AMAZING. Luckily, it's our feature film for our exam, so we get to watch it a zillion times <3

9.5/10

We also watched a random social realism piece called Morvern Callar. Artistically, it was quite good, but my gosh, hardly anything happened at all. It was somehow ok to watch, though I did almost fall asleep at one point. Erm, it was ok?

6/10

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Hate to say it, but Taylor's right...
female-gremlin.jpg

Never seen in the same room...

peep

CF Legend
I concur with the majority here Taylor, shh on your opinions regarding Emma Stone. :p

In regards to new films? Well I just got back from seeing World's greatest dad

It stars Robin Williams as a teacher with a troublesome teenager son who goes to the same school, he struggles to get his books published and life tends to suck. An amusing, yet terrible, thing happens to the son causing Williams to write something that becomes popular for all the wrong reasons. I didn't actually know anything about the premise of the film before going in and I'm really glad I saw it, very funny and well written/directed/acted. At times I felt like I shouldn't have been laughing at scenes but everyone else was laughing too so if it is bad to laugh at those situations then at least I'm not the only sicko lol. I really do recommend this film, nothing ground-breaking but very funny, if a little dark.

peep

CF Legend
Today was my cinema day, saw a total of 4 films. The first film was The other guys.

I think Will Ferrell can be very funny and I thought he was very good in this but overall the film is a bit of a tiresome affair. There are some very funny moments and some great action scenes but overall it just doesn't work. So I went in expected high laughs and got small chuckles here and there, big shame really.

Rating: 2/5

Next up was The Hole in 3D.

Wasn't too sure what to expect and I was pleasantly surprised. Firstly, it has an abandoned wooden coaster which looks epic and second, it's actually great fun with some truly terrifying suspense throughout. I still don't think Joe Dante will ever make anything better than Gremlins but this does come close. It features a very scary clown which will probably give kids nightmares lol. I liked the hole idea (soz about the pun) of the story and it all ties up nicely at the end. I also thought the 3D was very good and the whole effect when they put stuff down the hole was fantastic.

Third film was Resident Evil: Afterlife in 3D

I've only seen the first film and parts of the 3rd one. The first one was ok from what I can remember. This one does feel very 'game level 1 - start', 'video','game level 2 - start' which just got more noticeable as the film went on. I mean there are all the normal zombies and then this big mother trucker comes out of nowhere with the biggest weapon I'd ever seen and it all felt way too out of place (though I'm sure he appeared in the game, I bet he doesn't seem as out of place as he does in the film). Anyways the film went by and it just felt too patchy and meh. The 3D felt quite pointless and would be exactly the same experience in 2D.

Rating: 3/5 (gets a star for Mila J and Ali Larter times)

The final film of the day was The Town

This is the new film from Ben Affleck. I thought Gone baby gone (the other film he directed) was amazing and I thought this was just as good, if not better. Even if it did star Ben and not his talented actor brother. :p I thought the film was good though, maybe a little predictable at times but it was very well made and very watchable.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Today I saw Scott Pilgrim for the second time. Still absolutely amazing! One of the best films i have seen, ever! I would like to mention the amazing music from Sexbob-omb and Metric (The Clash at Daemonhead) Also the simply amazing editing! Just massively impressive. I especialy liked the shots where they are in frames like comic strips! Sooo good! Oh yeah not to forget it was hilarious and filled with loads of little things which realy made it such an amazing film. Like for example how Knives cut her hair before she let scott go the way he cut his hair before Envy broke up with him. Oh and the action was top notch. 5/5 Easily

And afew weeks back I saw resident evil afterlife. Hmm I wasn't that impressed. The story was complete trash and seemed to ponder about for half the film. Also tons of questions were left unanswered like why was Chris so dangerous? Why was there a massive executioner in the middle of friggin LA? And then at the end (SPOILER) One of the characters presumed to be dead turns up with no reason to do so and does nothing bar kill one single zombie in a pipe..... great (END OF SPOILER) Also from the point of view of a Resident Evil game fan it sucked even worse! The wesker fight was practically ten minutes, no way near long enough, also why introduce the Majini/Uroboros and not explain it at all? Now on the good side the action and 3D was done well but that was it! When I see a film I expect a good story, I would give it a 1.5/5

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Just watched the film I have been wanting to watch since I saw the trailer for it about a month or two ago, The Runaways. I went into it knowing that it was going to disappointing, and the only reason I actually wanted to watch it was because I think Dakota Fanning looks amazingly sexy now (Yes, she has indeed blossomed well).

So, the film was a bit "meh" and if I was around in the 70s, perhaps I would have enjoyed the film more, nonetheless, Dakota Fanning was very orgasmic and the drool inducing outfit complete with suspenders made my willy go funny - in a good way. Throughout the whole film, I was in awe.

Taking that aside, the film is of 6/10 standard, but Dakota Fanning <3

kimahri

CF Legend
ciallkennett said:
Dakota Fanning was very orgasmic and the drool inducing outfit complete with suspenders made my willy go funny - in a good way. Throughout the whole film, I was in awe.

but Dakota Fanning <3

:|

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
kimahri said:
ciallkennett said:
Dakota Fanning was very orgasmic and the drool inducing outfit complete with suspenders made my willy go funny - in a good way. Throughout the whole film, I was in awe.

but Dakota Fanning <3

:|

Indeed.

Was the toilet the next port of call?

Suddenly running low on toilet paper?

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
It's not wrong at all - She is 16, I am 17. She is attractive, I am single. She is legal, as am I. I don't see what makes me wrong of thinking of her in this way ;)

And no, I was minimally turned on as the cat was lying on my lap throughout the whole film :p

kimahri

CF Legend
I was right about something else relating to Cial, so I'm calling that Cial is going to get arrested for either Child Molestation or Soliciting a Minor.

Edit: Either that or Sexual Harrasment.