What's new

"Now Showing"

kimahri

CF Legend
nealbie said:
I also agree entirely that it can be very upseting at times and most certainly more horrific than any so-called 'horror' film.

May I ask how?

I thought it was badass from begining to end.

nealbie

CF Legend
kimahri said:
nealbie said:
I also agree entirely that it can be very upseting at times and most certainly more horrific than any so-called 'horror' film.

May I ask how?

Due mainly to the reasons Will has already alluded to. The thought of any form of dystopia occuring here in my lifetime terrifies me far more than any conventional horror film with monsters/jumps/scares ever could.

Ben

CF Legend
Plus, I don't want to be associated with people that don't cry during the whole "two dykes writing on a piece of toilet paper" story.

That bit makes me cry so hard.

Oh, and I bumped into Alan Moore walking round Northampton the other day <3

nealbie

CF Legend
It's heartfelt, just not tragically upsetting ;)

Especially when put into context alongside the end of civilisation!

nealbie

CF Legend
Well, this is true. You never were one for civilisation now were you? :lol:

In other news, just watched the Doctor Who movie again. No idea why, but it's still a bit awful! Never give the Americans a treasured product of Britain. :(

Snoo

The Legend
Devil

Well.. I was thinking crap.. but actually wasn't too bad! Predicted who it was from the beginning though.

7/10

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
Resident Evil:Afterlife 3D

8/10

The movie was good.Some of the C.G.I. looked bad though. The acting was great.I don't know how good the story plot was connecting to the other ones since this was the first one I saw.The 3D in the movie was fantastic in some parts but meh in others.With the 3D most things don't come flying at you for some of the movie but then with the quarters and the shot gun it gets really starts popping out and that annoyed me. Over all I don't think this movie had to be 3D.

Devil

7/10

I liked somethings in the movie but didn't like others.This might sound weird but my favorite part was one of the transitions. I thought they could have made it a little bit scarier. but i can't wait to see the next in the
Night Chronicles

nadroJ

CF Legend
No spoilers for Devil please, I mean, we all know there's going to be a twist because it's Shyamalamamamalan but still, I'm quite excited for it =]

I saw The Other Guys, it was crap, thus made me sad because Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrel are both actors I approve of and the set up for the film held the door open for some pure comedy gold. Sorry to say that this movie failed to seize any opportunity to make some good jokes and I was left feeling that I was just watching a series of events where nothing significant and/or funny was happening. Yawn.

Snoo

The Legend
Well.. M. Knight only produced.. didn't direct. Him directing = fail. Devil wasn't bad, truly. It wasn't amazing but it wasn't complete and utter crap either.

And don't worry Jordan.. you can find out more from the trailer then you can from what we've said.

nadroJ

CF Legend
SnooSnoo said:
Well.. M. Knight only produced.. didn't direct. Him directing = fail. Devil wasn't bad, truly. It wasn't amazing but it wasn't complete and utter crap either.

And don't worry Jordan.. you can find out more from the trailer then you can from what we've said.

Good =] And to be honest, the way trailers are going recently you might as well just not watch films anymore, they tell you the whole story!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
EASY A

Saw this with my girlfriend, her brother, and his girlfriend over the weekend, and I thought it was pretty decent. Emma Stone is smoking, and seeing her in lingerie the entire movie was not a bad thing in my mind. The story was very predictable, and yeah, I just liked staring at my future wife.

8/10 for the view.

Oh and what happened to Amanda Bynes face? YIKES!

Emma Stone is not that hot, son!

And OH MY GOD KIM I seriously just LOL'ed so loud, the people living in the room across the hall just asked me if I was okay. No idea why I found that so funny ahahaa.

EDIT- Since DC++ loves life, I just downloaded Alien and the Shining (which I've never seen in its entirity).. Might give one a watch tonight.

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
^ Both are brilliant classic movies Taylor!

Just saw The Other Guys last night. Typical Comedy with added Ferrell. Had some really good action sequences, and some good LOL moments. Felt like a bit of a missed opportunity, but worth the orange Wednesday tickets!

Also saw Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. As soon as I saw the 8-bit universal logo I knew I was gonna love it. 'Nuf said me thinks :)

Nic

Strata Poster
Watched The Boat That Rocked last night.

It seemed to go on forever. There were a few laughs, but not enough. It was ok, but nothing special.

2/5