What's new

"Now Showing"

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Well, as I was awoken at 2am by the wind and haven't been able to sleep since, I decided to watch another film from my list.

I watched Precious and I found it was quite good, even if it took a while for the story to get going. It started off ok, but the plot was still a bit thin on the ground, but by around 50 mins in, I was able to engage well with the story and the characters and this continued throughout. I thought Gabourey Sidibe was very strong in portraying her character and making her believable and engaging.

I'm not ashamed to say that this film left me emotional at 2 points - Yep, I cried :p

7.5/10

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
The Wolfman

Well, it was funny... Probs not what they were going for but I found myself giggling quite a few times...

Good atmosphere throughout and good costuming on Del Toro...

6/10

Spaceballs

Oh Mel Brooks you know how to make me laugh, and this was also quite amusing, especially when I spent most the time spotting the product placements throughout...

But it's definitely not his best, Young Frankenstein and Blazing Saddles being miles better...

But, John Hurt's cameo <3

7/10

kimahri

CF Legend
Just watched Ponyo. Like usual Studio Ghibli it was good, found it quite enjoyable. Some of the underwater scenes looks brilliant as well but... Like My Neighbour Totoro, it didn't do enough for me. Was still fun though.

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Ciallkennet, I care enough that I clicked on your link to the list of films you need to see before you die, consisting of about 30 films.

You could watch them, and then die, within a weekend, and there are very few worth the effort. I would give some suggestions, but there are not enough explosions and killings in them to interest you.

I've been having a bit of a "Daphne Du Maurier" moment, and have just watched Rebecca, The Birds and My Cousin Rachel

Rebecca is is in my top 5 favourite books of all time, and Hitchcock does a very good job with the film. It's incredibly atmospheric, retains the threatening atmosphere of the novel and is full of excellent performances.

The Birds: Loved this film since I was a kid. It's a bit stupid really, and is quite far removed from the original novella. However, it still manages to keep an air of menace after all these years.

My Cousin Rachel: Hmmmmm, not sure really. First time I've watched it, unlike the other two I've just mentioned. I suppose if I were to compare it to the novel, it's actually quite "accurate", though I was never a huge fan of the novel originally. Good, and again atmospheric, but very easily an "in the background while I do something else" film.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
gavin said:
Ciallkennet, I care enough that I clicked on your link to the list of films you need to see before you die, consisting of about 30 films.

You could watch them, and then die, within a weekend, and there are very few worth the effort. I would give some suggestions, but there are not enough explosions and killings in them to interest you.

Well, this list is always growing when people recommend films, but I mainly made the list as I kept saying "I need to watch this film", and then forget to. This was why I made it just so I keep track. I admit a lot of the films on they aren't master-classes in films, or indeed suite the title, but I have them listed so I manage to watch then :)

Any suggestions welcome :D

Snoo

The Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Sherlock Holmes

Actually.. not too bad. Funnier then I thought too.

8/10

Ew I hated that movie, haha. The end scene was intense, but otherwise, I couldn't follow it.

How much was Gingy in Shrek Forever After? <3

That's because you're Taylor.

NOBODY is like me :p

And they were like, older guys.. So definitely nothing like me.

Point proven wrong aha. Can't disprove Chris' theory though :lol: .

RCF

Strata Poster
Just finished watching Nowhere Boy. Being the Beatles fan that I am, I had to watch this movie about John Lennon. My sister found it amazing. My review: It was pretty good, not the best movie I've seen but still pretty good. The one main irk is, and I don't know if it's just me that sees this, but the guy that played Lennon couldn't sing worth a ****. Oh well, decent movie.

8/10

big john

Mega Poster
Watche 2 film last night frist being
THE LOSERS
it was just fun mindless violence and i enjoyed it very much i recomed

the second was
THE A-TEAM
this is a funny one it is quite an enjoyable film to watch but apart from there names its not really the a-team at all point 1 the a-team neve kill anyone lol. if you watch it not comparing it to the tv program its a great mindless film for fun but being the a-tem fan i am i just couldnt stop thinking NONONONONO your doing it wrong.