What's new

"Now Showing"

peep

CF Legend
Just found some rather random film news. Sony are going to make a film based off a game. In a couple of years time we will be seeing Rollercoaster Tycoon: The Movie! WTF?

Source: Total Film

Ollie

CF Legend
^It'll probably just be about some Tycoon guy trying to make a successful theme park in a run down area or something. Not sure if that whole thing about a kid being sucked into the game and having to save it from the 'evil' competitive park next door.
Actually I just reckon it'll just be a cheesy family film in 3D with lots of rides in CGI.

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
To prevent this topic being effectively killed through discussion of a film that won't be out, if at all, for at least couple of years, can we please discuss the Roller Coaster Tycoon film here:

http://www.coasterforce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28373

I finally got around to watching La Vie En Rose this afternoon. Hmmmm, not sure about the film really. Edith Piaf is one of my idols, so I knew her "story" already. However, Marion Cotillard was incredible! It's probably the best performance I've seen by an actress for years, and I can see myself watching this again just to watch her. I was almost a bit tearful at the end. Love Piaf's music as well. Non, Je ne Regrette Rien is in my top ten of best songs ever.

Film: 7/10
Cotillard: 100/10
Music: 10/10

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Saw Four Lions last weekend. Thought I might as well find out whether it was as funny as the trailers made out or whether it was as insensitive as The One Show made out. Verdict = it was genuinely an excellent film. Hugely funny, really well acted, and well written and put together by Chris Morris as usual. There was a very large amount of research done prior to the film to ensure accuracy, and I think a lot of the controversy surrounding the film is a bit of a knee-jerk reaction due to the subject matter of the film. As usual with Chris Morris though, its a satire, but a well put-together satire of a real situation, and does actually touch on some serious issues out there.

5/5.

Kenneth Branaugh's Hamlet

Besides being FOUR HOURS LONG, it was a good movie, and stayed true to the book pretty much word for word. Something is strangely sexy about guys being in those olden day uniforms as well.. But yah anyway, I thought Branaugh was brilliant as Hamlet, and the rest of the cast was really good, too. The ending scene with the fencing was one of the best scenes in a movie I have seen for a while.

8/10

Next up is..

Daybreakers

I'd NEVER have watched this if it were up to me simply because I think vampire movies are retarded, but it wasn't that bad I guess. The vampires who were deprived of blood (Subsetters or something?) were creepy as anything, and the movie was just okay. Nothing I'll remember in a few months time, but mindless entertainment anyway.

6.5/10

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
A few nights ago I went to see Four Lions. I'd heard such good things about it, and it appealed to me anyway, so I wanted to see it and hopefully enjoy. I'll be honest, it was funny, but only had about 3 proper laugh-out-loud moments. Many of the "jokes" were subtitled silly and naff insults, which simply weren't funny. The story was quite good, if a bit patchy and lacklustre at times. Without being racist at all, I thought the film was sort of "against" Asians and Muslims, yet literally 3/4s of the people in the screening were Asian/Muslim. they seemed to find it much funnier than me, which is nice to see.

Overall, I left feeling like I'd missed something. It was good, just not as good as I would have liked.

7/10

robbeal

Hyper Poster
^^I think you did Peep, i've geniunely never laughed out loud so much in a film!

I don't particularly think the film was against muslims (or more correctly, Islamic Jihadis maybe...), I think it was more illustrating that suicide bombers are often just misguided young lads looking for a purpose, and that was something that I think Chris Morris conveyed very strongly, and very well, in the film.

peep

CF Legend
robbeal said:
^^I think you did Peep, i've geniunely never laughed out loud so much in a film!

I don't particularly think the film was against muslims (or more correctly, Islamic Jihadis maybe...), I think it was more illustrating that suicide bombers are often just misguided young lads looking for a purpose, and that was something that I think Chris Morris conveyed very strongly, and very well, in the film.

Me!? I haven't even seen the film yet! :p I think you mean Cial. However I do plan on seeing this film at some point within the next week. It's really annoying, the company I work for turned down the chance to work on this film too :(

robbeal

Hyper Poster
^Haha, sorry! I don't know how I managed to do that! I didn't think you'd be fooled quite that easily by a bit of satire!

Alter all my above comments from Peep to Ciall plz. Thx.

Snoo

The Legend
How to Train Your Dragon

Yum. I loved this movie. Another animated movie I thought that wouldn't perform that gave good laughs, a unique story, and good fun.

9/10

Robin Hood

Well.. I thought it would be a copy of Gladiator.. which is basically was.. but the movie was still quite good. Definitely not as bad as I thought.

7.5/10

The Losers

Kick. Ass.

10/10

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
SnooSnoo said:
Robin Hood

Well.. I thought it would be a copy of Gladiator.. which is basically was.. but the movie was still quite good. Definitely not as bad as I thought.

7.5/10

I'm still trying to digest a review on Robin Hood...

Some of it did seem funny for completely the wrong reason though... :lol:

Just... I still don't know what to think about the film... Really don't... And I don't want to rush out and see it again...

The House Bunny

Stupid, pointless humour, but still enjoyable I guess. It was pretty predictable, though I like watching these because it doesn't require like, any thought.

7/10

Snoo

The Legend
Nemesis Inferno said:
SnooSnoo said:
Robin Hood

7.5/10

I'm still trying to digest a review on Robin Hood...

Some of it did seem funny for completely the wrong reason though... :lol:

Just... I still don't know what to think about the film... Really don't... And I don't want to rush out and see it again...

Those are sometimes the best laughs.. completely inappropriate situations.. haha.

Well let it roll around in your mind like naked thoughts of me, then lets see how ya feel. :)

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
We went to the cinema and Martyn H wanted to see Furry Vengeance. It was simply awful. The worst film I have probably ever seen, I didn't laugh nor raise a smile at all during the film and it was embarrassing to watch and I felt in pain throughout. I recommend you seeing this film if you have already commit suicide so you don't hurt yourself. The lowest film I have ever rated on IMDB.

1/10

We then went to see Hot Tub Time Machine, though Martyn had already seen it. It was quite good, rather amusing and had a Plesentville-esque feel to it, which I can't explain as the two films are quite different in their presentation and content. It wasn't amazing, but a good watch.

7/10