What's new

"Now Showing"

(500) Days of Summer

I think I kinda overestimated how good it would be. It was a cute movie, but it wasn't a five star astounding movie by any means. Zooey Deschanel is absolutely GORGEOUS though, and the guy is pretty cute, and they made a cute "couple" in the film, but the end was actually sooo sad. It teared me up and there's not a lot of romance movies that can do that.. It was just such a weird and depressing ending compared to a lot of feel good romance movies, which I was glad for because I hate cliche endings, however I still feel like they would have been so good together :(

7/10

RCF

Strata Poster
^That's pretty much what I thought except I didn't tear up. Kind of an awkward movie to sit through with someone like your sister.......

^ Haha I watched it with my boyfriend so it wasn't too bad.. And yes the end was just like omg I can't imagine how the guy feels, and it was just soo not a happy ending </3

Snoo

The Legend
District 9

This movie came out of nowhere and surprised me.. it was really a good film. I thought the main character was a bit weak at first, but over time grew on me.

9/10

Peter

Hyper Poster
Saw Avatar for the second time last night, in 3D, on the Bournemouth big screen (I've no idea how big it is but it seats 1,000 people and it's the biggest i've seen. :p ) Cinema was packed too, not a single spare seat.

Still an amazing film. I don't know what else to say that hasn't been said already. If you've not seen it yet, go out and see it now!

Ended up getting a round of applauds at the end, so I guess everyone else enjoyed it too. :)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I saw St. Trinians 2 Tuesday night, possibly now ruining all film cred I once had :lol:

Even more worringly, it was actually rather amusing, with Rupert Everett, Colin Firth and David Tennant being very amusingly and playing their roles with tongue firmly in cheek... Two good movie references which fitted in well into the actual scenes as well...

Glad there's only two more Tennant Doctor Who episodes cos I won't be able to take him seriously anymore with his performance... Bless...

Suitably silly and actually worked better than I thought it would...

3.5/5

Watched Up with my sister on this fine Christmas morning, and it was simply SOOO super sad. It wasn't as funny as I thought it would be, and I cried twice, but Kevin the bird had be cracking up multiple times and the old man was certainly a peach! Not Pixar's best, but nowhere near the worst either.

8/10

Also, Clue, it's a cult classic so I told my mom to get it for me for Christmas. It was a silly movie, cheesy in some ways, but I liked it quite a bit! I love the guy who plays the "butler", who we later find out isn't the butler at all, and yah, the story was amusing, so it was a success. Some of the actors were bad too but it didn't make me cringe because it was kinda cheesy anyway.

8/10

Ben

CF Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Also, Clue, it's a cult classic so I told my mom to get it for me for Christmas. It was a silly movie, cheesy in some ways, but I liked it quite a bit! I love the guy who plays the "butler", who we later find out isn't the butler at all, and yah, the story was amusing, so it was a success. Some of the actors were bad too but it didn't make me cringe because it was kinda cheesy anyway.

8/10

AMAZING FILM.

Up not funny? Youre stupid. I was laughing the whole time, minus the sad parts of course.

I KNOW but I think it could be due to the fact that.. The old man's face was always making me sad :p . Because he was such a peach, of course.

And I know Ben, Clue was quite good.

Error

Strata Poster
As a special treat with a few of my siblings, we ventured out into the ice and watched Sherlock Holmes.

In a single word, excellent.

I was really sketchy about Robert Downey Jr. playing Holmes, but within 5 minutes I found he fit it flawlessly. You get to see the inner working of his mind, judging his takes and observations. The characters develop and the plot is complex, but everything is explained at the end (I almost got mad when they forgot something, but they explained it in about 2 minutes). Effects are sharp and clean, and I couldn't see much CG, so it was covered up well. The music is brilliant, and fits it in PERFECTLY with the time period. It has symbolism, references, clever and witty dialogue, and action. I'd put it up there with Dark Knight.

Overall, well done and I'd love to see it again. You should see it, too.

10/10

kimahri

CF Legend
Movie Night on Christmas day. Watched 3 movies together and I watched 1 one my own later.

First up was Star Trek. I enjoyed it as much as when I saw it at the cinema. At least the bits I did watch inbetween reading Shaman King and Yotsuba.

Next was GI Joe... Was ****e... ran out of stuff to read as well. Only brought 2 books round to my aunties.

Then was Happy Poter HBP. It was good considering we had added commentary and snoring.

finally I watched jungle book <3.

marc

CF Legend
Watched Transformers 2 the other night.

I thought it was really good, great effect and action all the way through a lot better than the 1st one.

The story was also ok, it is never going to be great but was good enough.

peep

CF Legend
Taylor, Up is one of the best films of the year, deserves more than an 8 out of 10.

Also Clue <3

Watched Muppet's Christmas Carol on Christmas eve.

It's so awesome. Muppets never cease to amuse.

Rating: 4.5/5

Just watched The Hangover.

Still hilarious, one of the funniest films I've ever seen.

Rating: 5/5

peep

CF Legend
Ha, me again.

Just finished watching G-Force on Blu-ray.

I actually enjoyed it, has such an awesome cast with an entertaining story for the whole family. The CGI was actually awesome, looked very realistic. Oh and the blu-ray quality loves.

Rating: 4/5

Taylor, Up is one of the best films of the year, deserves more than an 8 out of 10.

Just because that is the general consensus does not mean I have to agree with it.. I said it was good, but Toy Story/Monsters Inc/Nemo remain the best for me. But still, Kevin <3

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
We really enjoyed Up as well (more than you did Taylor), even though we had to force Aidan to watch it. Once he started watching he was glad we did, as it had him cracking up all the time. He also enjoyed taking the piss at my wife crying at the sad parts. :p

Finally got around to watching In Bruges last night. I've been wanting to see it for ages & should have found the time long ago. It was simply brilliant! No Hixee, it's not an art/travel/romance film, but rather about a couple of hit men on the lamb. No slap-stick comedy, but funny as hell when it needs to be yet still a compelling drama.
Colin Ferrell is great as the slightly-dense Irish assassin with great support from Ralph Fiennes as the hard-nosed, foul-mouthed mob boss & Brendan Gleeson is perfectly cast as the straight-man partner to Ferrell.
Unlike Guy Ritchie's over-the-top crime comedies, this one is the perfect blend of drama, suspense, action & comedy (with a little sex & drugs thrown in for good measure). I highly recommend this film for anyone who likes a good laugh mixed in with their crime-thrillers.

10/10

He also enjoyed taking the piss at my wife crying at the sad parts.

He would have <3'ed me then.. The beginning made me cry.. And like, two parts in the middle of the movie when he's just reading his adventure book.. Sad stuff </3 And when he finds the "go have a new adventure" thing, aww peaches and cream!