What's new

"Now Showing"

Snoo

The Legend
The Hangover

Definitely as funny as it was the first time.. and being my age and having experiences of drunken craziness in Vegas makes it that much funnier.

10/10

peep

CF Legend
Recently got back from seeing St Trinian's: Fritton's Gold

I enjoyed the first film and I was intrigued by this sequel. Oh but it was so bad. Good cast and well directed but the actual script is just pure ****e. There are also too many cringe moments for my liking.

Rating: 2/5

Snoo

The Legend

Started off slow.. but picked up pace and finished up quite epic. I enjoyed it quite a bit.. and the film was BEAUTIFUL.. even though the acting left a bit to be desired.

8.5/10

^ I think it's overrated, personally :p

Peter Pan- The one with real people

I watched it a long time ago and I still think it's a really good adaptation from the cartoon version. The characters and acting are really good, and they got Peter and Wendy right down to a tee. The men that played Hook and Smee were pretty awesome as well. I think they focused on Peter and Wendy liking eachother a bit more in this one, though I can't really recall the cartoon one that well.

But yeah, good movie.. 7.9/10

Ollie

CF Legend
^You're overrated. :p

Just watched Jack Frost:
Don't think I've ever had the change to watch it all through before but it was pretty good. Still looks pretty good considering it was made over 10 years ago.
Good for a Christmas family film. :)

peep

CF Legend
Yay, got to see Avatar this morning at 8am at the London IMAX. IMAX 3D loves.

See I have been looking forward to this film for some time but only to see what the hype was about. I wasn't a "OMG, it is going to be amazing no matter what" type peep. However the film did blow me away. The CGI is just superb. The acting was good in my opinion. The story was predictable but it was also very emotional and engaging.

So an excellent film that I recommend to all, especially to those that love special effects etc.

Rating: 4.5/5

Oh btw Ben, Nine looks terrible, I've now seen the trailer and dread having to go see it at some point after Christmas.

AND...They showed the amazing Alice in Wonderland trailer in IMAX 3D, was absolutely amazing. :D

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I haven't seen AVATAR!!!

I watched Drag Me to Hell last night. Hmmmm, was ok. The fight in the car with the old gyppo woman was entertaining, but as soon as the main character dropped the envelope in the car I knew exactly what was going to happen, as I'm sure most people with half a brain could have done.

So, it had it's moments, looked good, but basically had a 2 minute plot stretched out into an hour and a half, making it altogether crap.

Oh, 4/10 or something...

peep

CF Legend
marc said:
^Did it make you feel sick there have been a lot of complaints.

What's had lots of complaints? Avatar? Only complaints I've seen/heard is that the story is predictable and that the actors aren't that good (which I find hard to believe as when they were filmed they only had green screen to act to :p).

The only thing that annoys me is the people that slag it off before seeing it.

The fight in the car with the old gyppo woman was entertaining, but as soon as the main character dropped the envelope in the car I knew exactly what was going to happen, as I'm sure most people with half a brain could have done.

Haha, I didn't predict the plot.

But the movie was horrible and crap. Seriously, it was retarded.

Ollie

CF Legend
Just watched Spiderman 3 as it was on the telly. One of the best of the latest Spidy films but there's quite a bit they could cut out and a few scenes that could do with reordering. The action and fight scenes were good though and some of the effects we're pretty impressive as well.
7/10

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^NO

Spidey 3 was bloody awful... So many scenes were cringe-worthy (street-strutting), and the best villain (Venom) was in it for what... 20-30 minutes?

One of the worst Marvel films...

peep

CF Legend
Yeah Spidey 3 is a terrible film (at the time I thought it was great though, what was I thinking?). Apparently Raimi wants to make number 4 on a smaller scale after working on Drag me to hell. Some awesome actors are also being rumoured at the moment.

Ollie

CF Legend
^That's why I said there's quite a bit they could cut out. There were some really crap scenes but some of the better ones were pretty decent.

Lain

Giga Poster
peep said:
Yay, got to see Avatar this morning at 8am at the London IMAX. IMAX 3D loves.

See I have been looking forward to this film for some time but only to see what the hype was about. I wasn't a "OMG, it is going to be amazing no matter what" type peep. However the film did blow me away. The CGI is just superb. The acting was good in my opinion. The story was predictable but it was also very emotional and engaging.

So an excellent film that I recommend to all, especially to those that love special effects etc.

Rating: 4.5/5

Oh btw Ben, Nine looks terrible, I've now seen the trailer and dread having to go see it at some point after Christmas.

AND...They showed the amazing Alice in Wonderland trailer in IMAX 3D, was absolutely amazing. :D

Yeah but, 'Unobtainium'. ¬_¬

In other news, Blade Runner is on the BBC iPlayer, so if you're in the UK, go watch it. Now.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
The snow storm here (about 3 feet so far) kept people out of the local multiplex, so we had our choice of watching Avatar in IMAX 3D or regular 3D. We went for the IMAX but about 20 minutes into the film we switched theaters because we felt like we were missing a lot due to the narrow aspect ratio. So we had to sit through the beginning again, but it was worth it to see the film in wide screen. All three of us really enjoyed the movie & Aidan didn't even mind the love story. We really like the way they didn't overdo the 3D like every other 3D movie we've seen. It looked very natural & I can see that this style of filming will be the way the industry will go in the future. I really recommend going to see the movie in 3D if possible, but you'll miss quite a bit if you go to an IMAX theater.