What's new

"Now Showing"

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
East Coast(er) General said:
Finally got around to watching In Bruges last night. I've been wanting to see it for ages & should have found the time long ago. It was simply brilliant! No Hixee, it's not an art/travel/romance film, but rather about a couple of hit men on the lamb. No slap-stick comedy, but funny as hell when it needs to be yet still a compelling drama.
Colin Ferrell is great as the slightly-dense Irish assassin with great support from Ralph Fiennes as the hard-nosed, foul-mouthed mob boss & Brendan Gleeson is perfectly cast as the straight-man partner to Ferrell.
Unlike Guy Ritchie's over-the-top crime comedies, this one is the perfect blend of drama, suspense, action & comedy (with a little sex & drugs thrown in for good measure). I highly recommend this film for anyone who likes a good laugh mixed in with their crime-thrillers.

10/10
Glad you liked it. :p It's on my list of "Films-to-see-when-it's-convenient-for-me".

peep

CF Legend
Just got back from seeing Nowhere boy.

Great film. Every actor in the film was just superb and it's a very dramatic, emotional story. I recommend to everyone, whether you know/like John Lennon or not.

Rating: 4.5/5

Snoo

The Legend
Hixee said:
East Coast(er) General said:
Finally got around to watching In Bruges last night. I've been wanting to see it for ages & should have found the time long ago. It was simply brilliant! No Hixee, it's not an art/travel/romance film, but rather about a couple of hit men on the lamb. No slap-stick comedy, but funny as hell when it needs to be yet still a compelling drama.
Colin Ferrell is great as the slightly-dense Irish assassin with great support from Ralph Fiennes as the hard-nosed, foul-mouthed mob boss & Brendan Gleeson is perfectly cast as the straight-man partner to Ferrell.
Unlike Guy Ritchie's over-the-top crime comedies, this one is the perfect blend of drama, suspense, action & comedy (with a little sex & drugs thrown in for good measure). I highly recommend this film for anyone who likes a good laugh mixed in with their crime-thrillers.

10/10
Glad you liked it. :p It's on my list of "Films-to-see-when-it's-convenient-for-me".

It should be a film which you see asap. I loved it also. :p

peep

CF Legend
^Ha, I told everyone that after seeing the trailer. No one believes me so I'm seeing it tomorrow with a friend. I can't wait :roll:

Lain

Giga Poster
They did a really cool slow-mo thing where Holmes analyses his target, and identifies his weakness, and that was awesome.

Rest of the film, not so much.

peep

CF Legend
Nemesis Inferno said:
^But Downey Jr. <3 :(

Just because Downey Jr is mega awesomes doesn't mean every film he is in is going to be. Also, Guy Ritchie can't make a good film nowadays. He has made two good films, Lock stock and Snatch, the rest is dire.

jokerman

Giga Poster
What is Lain on about. It was great. Saw 2 films today, Sherlock Holmes and Nine.

Sherlock Holmes is the best film I've seen in a long time. It is action packed and exciting, whilst still retaining the classic Sherlock Holmes genius and wit.

Nine weird, it's done like Chicago, but not as good. It's also a bit like a weird French or Italian film, if it had been foreign with subtitles it wouldn't have surprised me. The songs are ok, but not particularly catchy, but it has loads of famous people making cameos, so if you like that, then it might be worth seeing.

Marley and Me

AW I loved it haha.. It was a funny movie and the chemistry between the actors was great. It wasn't a childish movie like I had expected, but showed all the ups and downs of marriage and of owning a pet! I actually BAWLED though, I was trying to hold it back because my sis was watching but then I couldn't anymore.. And it set off a chain reaction, my mom next, and then my sister. Very sad indeed!

Also, the weirdest thing.. The whole movie shows the dog chewing up stuff, which my dog has NOT done in like, five years, because he is a very mellow dog and he's getting older, but as soon as the movie was done, he took the draft cover from under the door that was there for like, three months, and ripped it to shreds. I couldn't stop laughing :p .

9/10

Double post but dayum, I've been watching some good movies lately.

Requiem for a Dream

My friend from work was telling me how insane it was, and so I was like okay fine, I'll watch it, so I had my mom get it for me for Christmas. The first fourty minutes are kinda slow but the build up leads to such an amazing last hour, my mind was seriously blown by the end of it. Incredible cinematography, great actors, gut wrenching storyline.. It was an amazing piece of work. See it if you haven't.

9.5/10

peep

CF Legend
Saw Sherlock Holmes today.

Ok I admit, it was ok. Watchable and slightly entertaining. Most redeemable feature? Downey Jr and Mark Strong. Everything else is quite pants. It is definitely not as good as everyone is trying to make it out to be (apart from Lain, as he has sense).

Rating: 3/5

Ollie

CF Legend
Alvin and the Chipmunks 2:
Really liked the first one. Went with my cousins who are both 22 and we all laughed more than anyone else in the theatre so as soon as we saw the trailer for the 'squeekquel' we knew we had to go and see it.
Got in and once again we were the oldest ones in there that weren't parents and once again we were laughing the most.
The film is just really enjoyable. It doesnt try hard to be funny but it's hilarious and the jokes in it are pure oldschool like it was when I was little.
It's not as good as the first but sequels never really are. It was just as funny as the first and the songs were even better this time around. Much more catchy and with the Chipettes as well there's more catchy tunes to be had.
Really enjoyable film and would recomend going to see it for a fun night out or with your family. :)
7/10

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Ollie, I turned off the first film after 15 mins as it was simply awful.

I can't believe you went to see the second one AND ENJOYED IT!

Lain is correct.

peep

CF Legend
Just watched the French film, District 13 on lovely blu-ray.

LOVE IT. Such an epic film. I'm a big fan of parkour/free running and this film uses it to such an awesome level. I think the story is great too and very engaging. Why has it taken me so long to sit down and watch it? I have the sequel on blu-ray too, can't wait to watch it.

Rating: 5/5

Ollie

CF Legend
Took my little sister to see Alvin and the Chipmunks 2 today as she wanted to see it and I didn't mind seeing it again. Still pretty good but once you know the laughs half of them don't work a second time. She loved it though and I made it a surprise for her as I pretended I was going to take her into town to go round the market and then went straight into the cinema. :D