What's new

"Now Showing"

Up

I regret not seeing this before. MUCH better than Wall-E.. which was amazing.

11/10

I can't wait to see it.. My sister is getting it on DVD for Christmas though so I'll wait until then.

Glad you liked Paranormal Activity though, Peep. I agree with your opinion on it. THe thing I don't agree with though is whoever said the Green Mile is overrated. Anyone who is bullied into liking anything is a tard.. It's a fantastic movie, I don't understand how one couldn't like it.

I started watching Reservoir Dogs yesterday but fell asleep about an hour into it. It was good so far, but there are a lot of characters who look sort of similar which means confusion is likely soon to ensue :p .

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
If I remember correctly, Oriolat likes Nemesis though ;)

I recorded Tenacious D: The Pick of Destiny for Minor_Furie last week. I kept him company while he watched it. Puerile drivel at it's utmost. It wasn't that bad to be honest. I knew what to expect before it started, complete rubbish made to appeal to a 13 year old mentality. As such, it was mildly amusing and had a couple of laugh out loud moments. However, unlike the "classics" (Bil land Ted and Wayne's World come to mind) of this genre, it doesn't have any rewatch value. It's very simply a bunch of base jokes in a string. Once you've laughed at them, they become less funny very quickly.

So, it was good fun for one watch. 7/10... Though 10/10 for Dave Grohl as the devil! :)

CMonster

Giga Poster
I saw The Blind Side yesterday and really liked it.

The story was very heartwarming, there were some funny moments, and I liked how it is more recent than some other movies based off of true stories, it only took place about five or six years ago.

I thought it was interesting seeing a movie based on a lineman; most football movies feature QB's, running backs, ect.

Ben

CF Legend
Inglorious Basterds

Love it. Still.

Long, but, amazing. Who wants to cut a film down when it's this awesome?

10/10

peep

CF Legend
Can't wait to get that on blu-ray. Annoyingly though I promised to not buy anything until after Christmas just in case someone else has got whatever I buy already. *sadface* Want Inglorious times now

marc

CF Legend
Watched Half Blood Prince last night.

My view on the film has not changed, apart from I actually think it's worse than I thought when I first saw it.

The film is just all over the place, nothing moves smoothly. You could skip 45 mins and miss nothing important. The movie score is not even good, the acting was also a step back.

It sort of feels like they are just making the films cause they have to now.

Worst Harry Potter film.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I thought that too... I went to the cinema though with two reluctant 13 year olds.... They both said it was the best one yet and it made them excited about Harry Potter again!

Same two thought The Dark Knight was too long and over egged too - so they're generally spot on with their views :p

So who knows, but I'm in no rush to watch it again (Half-Blood Prince that is - well, either to be honest).

marc

CF Legend
Seeing that the last 2 films have been a let down for me I am not expecting much as they are using the same director.

The adult actors are fine but the younger actors just seem all over the place, this is what made Goblit a better film the director seemed to get extra out of them.

nealbie

CF Legend
marc said:
Watched Half Blood Prince last night.

My view on the film has not changed, apart from I actually think it's worse than I thought when I first saw it.

The film is just all over the place, nothing moves smoothly. You could skip 45 mins and miss nothing important. The movie score is not even good, the acting was also a step back.

It sort of feels like they are just making the films cause they have to now.

Worst Harry Potter film.

But Gambon's performance is awesome. I'd say it's more the child actors.

John Q

We started watching it in law class, and I've always had the movie, just never watched it. Let me just say, as soon as I got home I put it on and finished it, yay! It was really good.. Really suspenseful, especially the end, and it's weird that the protagonist is the antagonist as well, but you still like him.

Pretty good movie though.

8/10

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
peep said:
Funny you should mention Potter...LINK (look at the Deathly Hallows films).

My god that's weird. The first shot of that teaser is a beach I've been to, while the house was there and all. It's so weird seeing somewhere you know so well like that XD

At least I can scream in the cinema, "I can see my house from there!! :DD". Woo!

Ollie

CF Legend
Just watched:
Jerry Springer: The Opera.
Was pretty good actually. Dragged a bit but it was pretty awesome and quite funny. Had to put the subtitles on though as some of the times I couldn't work out what they were singing. Worth watching though. I picked it up in Poundland and don't regret it at all. :)

peep

CF Legend
^Jerry Springer: the Opera isn't really a film, just a recording of a stage musical. However it loves.

Just watched Cats & Dogs on the PS3 in HD. I downloaded it from their new Film store.

I loved this film when it was released (2001 peeps, I thought it was a lot older than that though :p). Turns out I still love it. I think the evil cat is one of the best villains of all time and I can't wait for his return next year (oh yes, there be a sequel on its way).

Rating: 4/5

Ben

CF Legend
OMG, Cats and Dogs is AMAZING hahaha. I LOVE it. It was one of the first films I got on DVD, and it still entertains me now. Is stupid, but, silly and hilarious. Haha. Love it. Sequel? YAYAYAYAYAY!

And Jerry Springer the Opera is ****ing pwnage.

David Bedella <3 He also makes an awesome Frank in Rocky Horror, but, that's another, gayer topic.

MISTER TINKLES!

Haha, I hate that movie though.. If only because my sister always acts like Mr. Tinkles for hours after she watches it, which means she turns into a huge brat and tries to attack me.

Mark

Strata Poster
Hahahah. I love the cats. Im always rooting for them. Love the Japanese and the Russian sections.... Cats FTW!