What's new

"Now Showing"

Dave

CF Legend
V for Vendetta

Oooo its just one those films that I've now placed into my favourite films. Its what Equilibrium should've been! I love the themes in it and how its portrayed, so dark! Hugo Weaving as V is a great acting role even if it seems simple, just the V monologue at the start is enough!
But again a great movie, shall watch it some more as im still slightly confused over the ending.

8/10

mrclam

Giga Poster
Up!

At LAST a film I *LIKED*

LOVED IT!

I was crying like a baby at one point though

3d worked a treat too!

10/10

peep

CF Legend
^I am sooooo jealous, I really can't describe how much I want to see Up.

John91, you liked Monsters Vs Aliens? How? I thought it was one of the worst films Dreamworks has released and that's saying a lot.

That woman that was amazing in Night of the Museum 2 would be Amy Adams, she has to be one of the best actresses around. I want to see that film purely for her being in it.

John91

Mega Poster
peep said:
John91, you liked Monsters Vs Aliens? How? I thought it was one of the worst films Dreamworks has released and that's saying a lot.
To be honest I wasn't really going in expecting much. I only went as it was the first film of the day, and I got a complete nerdfest :)

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
How much are flights to America nowadays? I would honestly love to spend £300 on getting to the US *JUST TO SEE* Up. I just can't believe how we've been shafted.

Also, Angels and Demons, stupidest film ever? :D

Snoo

The Legend
^No movie is ever worth it. A coaster.. maybe.. :p

Antz

Hadn't saw this puppy in a while, but I enjoyed it.

8/10

nadroJ

CF Legend
Wait, so is Up not coming out over here? Have I completely missed something?

And yes Snoo, Antz is badass.

mrclam

Giga Poster
nadroJ said:

yes it's coming out in the uk.. just in 3 months time.

mrclam

Giga Poster
Ploddish said:
How much are flights to America nowadays?

When I book round trips to the uk, i've never paid more than $700 (about 350 quid), cheapest i got was $400 (taxes included).. And that's to the west coast of canada, so east coast probably cheaper (more coasters on that side too)

Ben

CF Legend
mrclam said:
nadroJ said:

yes it's coming out in the uk.. just in 3 months time.

4! And a half!

I might go see it in America in August. Just to spite the lot of you. Because, it really doesn't bother me, it looks silly and annoying!

mrclam

Giga Poster
Ben said:
I might go see it in America in August. Just to spite the lot of you. Because, it really doesn't bother me, it looks silly and annoying!

Somehow i dont think they'll still be showing it in august... you may be able to get the dvd though...

:lol:

Ollie

CF Legend
UP:
Such a great film. Really nice animation and great story to go with it. The characters are great and believable and fit in perfectly.
You get introduced to Carl Fredricksen right from the start. It then goes through a montage scene of him growing up. Such a great way to show his life in a few minutes and you get to understand why he is where he is now. It's all quite sad as well which is good as it helps you feel sorry for him and root for him throughout the film. Of course this is all done beautifully. :)
You then get introduced to Russell who is amazing. He provides lots of laughs and has a great entry to the movie which makes him instantly likeable.
The film then kicks off with what everyone knows about. Where Mr Fredricksen ties thousands of balloons to his house and floats of on an adventure. Of course, Russell gets caught up in his plans and ends up having to tag along for the ride.

The animation in this film is beautiful. It gives the scenes and characters real depth and it just looks really clear and nice. There are alot of bright scenes with lots of colours where they really get to show of their animation. Mainly with all the coloured balloons floating around and blowing in the wind. Also when you're watching the scenes when the house is soaring through the sky. The clouds look so good you feel like you could reach out and grab them.

UP really succeeds on it's musical score by Michael Giacchino as well. It really adds to the film and fits in perfectly with each scene. It's great how it changes really smoothly as well. Like in the montage scene at the start you have a slow steady soundtrack. Then you have a great uplifting one for when the house is soaring through the air and floating through the clouds.

There are also alot of jokes in this film that only a few people will get. There are a few that only really knowledgeable Disney fans will get such as where the antagonist got his name from. UP also manages to slip in a few adult jokes that will go straight over the heads of the children, yet give the grown-ups a good laugh as well. I think it's great they have done this as it really reminds me of classic Disney films and it shows that they're trying to go forward in film animation, yet still keep all the magic and humour they've always had.

There are also some great other characters that are part of the story that are really lovable and fun. There's a huge, awkward bird that is a big laugh-getter at first. Then she becomes a real enough character that when she's injured, she elicits screams of fright worthy of Bambi's late mother. Also you have the leader of the dogs who gets a good laugh when he first opens his mouth.

Overall UP is an amazing film. It's such a vivid animated masterpiece and just doesn't have many (if any) faults with it at all.

Anyone who says animated films cannot amuse and entertain, while at the same time delivering any kind of emotion, does not know what they are talking about.

Up is so good I can now forgive Pixar for Cars!

10/10

Edit: Forgot to add...

SQUIRREL!
&
The Cone of Shame :p

Homer

Hyper Poster
Finally saw WALL-E on Starz yesterday.

Another great and unique Pixar film. Even though the plot reminded me of Idiocracy, the movie had a lot more heart and whimsy going for it. The awkward, mostly silent romance between WALL-E and EVE was a good plot as well as
the 2001: A Space Odyssey homages
made this a good film.

8.5/10

I really want to see Up now. As well as Year One and Transformers: ROTF.

I'm really upset I didn't see Up today, as I opted to watch Drag Me To Hell instead.

WHYYYY does this movie have an 8/10 on IMDb? Seriously, it was just soo unrealistic and like, it did have some jumpy moments, but in other spots it seemed like it just totally ****ed everything up. Like it would almost try and be humorous or something, when it was suppose to be serious? I dunno, it just wasn't very good, but it wasn't the worst, either.

6/10

Ollie

CF Legend
^I haven't given away anything that people don't know about already. Everyone knows it's about a house that floats away with balloons. I haven't said anything that happens or given away what goes on after they take off.