What's new

"Now Showing"

peep

CF Legend
I didn't realise Salvation was already out in America, we have to wait a couple more weeks. Glad to hear you enjoyed it though. I am hearing quite a lot of good things about this film, to be honest it can't be worse than the third one lol.

Just watched The Dark knight on Blu-ray.

I still love this film, it just doesn't seem to get old for me, great film.

Dave

CF Legend
Taylor is clearly full of fail! It is one of my favourite films and has the perfect length for a film of its type.

If you want long and overated try Pirates of the Carribean.

^ That too, but at least Johnny Depp looks hott in those movies, so there's something to keep watching.

Batman was okay, but I did think it was wayy too long.

AeRo

Hyper Poster
peep said:
Just watched The Dark knight on Blu-ray.

I still love this film, it just doesn't seem to get old for me, great film.

Agreed. I think that it is well paced and has just the right amount of action.

mrclam

Giga Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
But it looks like you drew stuff on shirts in paint.. How do you actually make them for real?

Actually I use the "handwriting" tool in windows messenger.

Well.. I was never a huge fan of the original Terminators.

SLAP!

Mind you, after T3, i wasnt expecting much - seems like without Jim Cameron at the helm, Terminator will always suck.

nealbie

CF Legend
Yeah but is it really him or is it a double with a CGI face?

Because if it's the latter, the film fails even more by pretending to have him in it!

mrclam

Giga Poster
Neal said:
Because if it's the latter, the film fails even more by pretending to have him in it!

He wanted to be in it.. it lines him up to be in the next one (if there is another one)

Ollie

CF Legend
Pocahontas:

I've never seen this film before so took the chance to watch a Disney classic. I had no idea what it would be about or what would happen so I was ready for anything to happen. It started off well. It introduced the characters and their intentions, there were quite a few songs as well which is always good in a Disney film. :)
It was good but nothing amazing. The story seemed to kind of drift in the middle like it wasn't sure if it needed to move on to the next scene or not.
The artwork was great and the Raccoon was pretty funny.
There's not much I feel I can write about this. It's romantic as it's all about the love the two main characters have for each other, and the ending was pretty sad when he had to go back to England or he would of died and left Pocahontas behind.
It's alright overall. A good film and well done. Just not very interesting.
6/10

nadroJ

CF Legend
Saw Tormented last night. It was a bit poo, seemed like it was made by an A-Level Media student or something. Good storyline, ut some of the chracters were reaaaallllyy unbelievable and just silly in some places. It needed to be a bit more Kidulthood than Inbetweeners to work properly as a serious horror film in my opinion.

I'm also introducing Ali to the world of Studio Ghibli. So far we have watched Howls Moving Castle and about a quarter of Spirited Away. These movies may have seriously 'out there' plot lines and characters but the animation is breathtaking and always catched me by surprise. Amazing films. Howl <3

peep

CF Legend
Studio Ghibli = win. They have another film out this year but I can't remember what it's called, looks like its another film full of amazing scenes.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I have just seen the first ever film that has left me speechless: Donnie Darko. OMG. I've heard bits and bobs about the film, but never got around to watching it, so watched it tonight on the BBC. From what I had heard, the concept of an evil bunny sounded silly, but by the end of the film I thought different.

Now I know what the meaning of the lyrics of 'Mad World' mean.

Words cannot do justice that film.

9.5/10 atleast

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I saw Quantum of solice. However you spell that. It was bollocks.

Pretty much slapped a load of action sequences together and that it! Never noticed much of a story at all.

4/10.

peep

CF Legend
^Yeah QoS has to be the worst (official) Bond film ever made.

^^Donnie Darko is ok, I think I stopped loving it that much due to watching it a million times for Film Studies.