What's new

"Now Showing"

AeRo

Hyper Poster
^I have watched it twic, and don't have a clue.

Angels and Demons

This was probably the film I was most looking forward to for this year, after DaVinci Code and having watched the Blu Ray over the last week, was really up for this one. I already knew that Hans Zimmer was sticking with Chevaliers de Sangreal as the main theme of the movie, and the music was fantastic. The movie, however, was extremely poor. Don't get me wrong it is a good movie, but frankly, the last Indiana Jones movie had a better plot. There is a lack of decent characters, lack of information and it all seems a bit silly. The 'Grand Finale' could have been scripted by a 10 year old and was incredibly predictable.

In conclusion, I thought it was an okay movie, Zimmers Score was epic but overall very, very disappointing.

Movie 6/10
Music 10/10

Ollie

CF Legend
Meet the Robinsons:

This was a really good movie. It had some nice animation, some great characters and a really good plot as well. It's hard to say anything about the last 30 minutes of the film or so without spoiling it for those that haven't seen it, but it's cool seeing how you missed it all when they've been giving you clues all along. So yeah, good story, creative characters, a great story with a twist at the end, and the film gives a good message out as well. Worth seeing.
8/10

Extra: The Mafia frogs are brilliant. :D
Also wouldn't that leave room open for a sequel as they put that little hat thing in the boot of the car, so it didn't get destroyed with the others.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^
If I remember correctly, they said they wanted to "put it to sleep with the fishes". I bet it's lying tied to a stone at the bottom of the pond...

Yeah, but a good movie. As far as I remember.

Myself, I watched Life of Brian again a few days back.

Still worthy of a tenner. It has to have the most awesome plot twists and end credits music ever.

Ollie

CF Legend
Lilo & Stitch
Really nice film. I wasn't too sure if I'd like it or not when it started but it progressed nicely. Stitch as a character wasn't much when we were first introduced to him, but when he started talking and not destroying things he was awesome. I wasn't too keen on the other alien characters that were sent to capture him again as they were 'too' different and didn't seem to fit in apart from the storyline.
There were quite a few laughs which I was surprised at and some nice scenes. The songs aren't as memorable as other Disney films but they fitted in well with the film and didn't seem out of place.
So overall it's a nice little film. Takes a while to get going but it's worth it in the end.
7/10

*I want a pet Stitch now*

peep

CF Legend
Meet the Robinsons is awesomes, I love it and it looks amazing on blu-ray.

Watched Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves last night on TV.

I've always loved this film and I think it gets better every time I watch it. Just an awesome cast, great action, good storyline and very enjoyable. Alan Rickman is excellent as the Sheriff of Nottingham and has to be one of my fav villains.

Rating: 4.5/5

Ollie

CF Legend
Anyone would think I've been watching alot of Disney films lately. :p
My latest viewing was:

The Emperor's New Groove:
Not amazing by all means. It's kinda boring. The idea is good but it seems that they weren't able to show it in the way they wanted to. There isn't any catchy songs or music pieces and there isn't any laughs until maybe a couple near the end. It also tries to add random things that happen in it and doesn't explain them.
It's alright, not worth seeing more than once but I guess it's ok to watch. I didn't turn it off so I that says something.
6/10
*It gets an extra mark because there's a coaster in it*

Ollie

CF Legend
Jesus Camp:
It's a good documentary looking at an evangelical camp for kids. Seeing all the brainwashing they're going through and people who have clearly lost their minds at how far you should take religion and trying to influence other people.
It does make you think how kids need to be educated about it as they are too scared of punishment from the adults if they step out of line or believe something else. Some of the scenes were quite shocking seeing kids in tears and having fits on the floor as they attempt to connect with the Holy Spirit.
There are some laughable moments as well, most come from how silly they sound and other are from little things like at one point the main fat woman said "You've grabbed the tiger by it's tail" (during a speech) and holds up a toy Lion.
It is interesting but it does feel a bit long as well. The message it's giving off is clear even though they show it in a non-biased way and leave us to make up our own minds. So yeah, it's worth watching once to see what goes on but it may not interest everyone.
5/10
Also Harry Potter is evil!!!. :p lol

The Emperor's New Groove:
Not amazing by all means. It's kinda boring. The idea is good but it seems that they weren't able to show it in the way they wanted to. There isn't any catchy songs or music pieces and there isn't any laughs until maybe a couple near the end. It also tries to add random things that happen in it and doesn't explain them.
It's alright, not worth seeing more than once but I guess it's ok to watch. I didn't turn it off so I that says something.
6/10

UH NO! THE EMPORERS NEW GROOVE IS FRICKIN' AMAZING <3

Kuzkooooooo <3

Ollie

CF Legend
Not looked into Sherlock Holmes before but it does look interesting. Nothing screams 'major blockbuster' though.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4K3aM5H5KM[/youtube]

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
ENG is okay, but it's not classic Disney - it's still better than 99% of the tosh out there though.

Watched a couple last night.

First, for MMF - Space Chimps. Bit of an odd one. The film flows very well, it's fast paced, obscure at times and doesn't push the character development too much onto you. It's totally cliched, but in an oddly okay way. I liked it, but it's utterly unremarkable. It's also quite off the wall at times.

I think I was tired watching it. It's no classic kids cartoon, but it was a long way from dreadful. 7/10

Then, Doomsday From the director of Dog Soldiers and The Descent! Very similar in terms of directional quality and content. A lot of it looked very fake though.

Another really odd film though. It was essentially Mad Max, crossed with Aliens, crossed with escape from New York, crossed with Robin Hood Prince of thieves, crossed with Gladiator crossed with lots of other films. The entire film is just scene after scene taken from other films, then put into this weird post apocalypse storyline. It's all crammed in there, given an 80's vibe (mostly from the strong 1980's soundtrack) and pumped out the end.

No idea really how to rate it. It wasn't a brilliant piece of fancy and flash direction. It wasn't brilliantly scripted or acted. It wasn't even its own film.

It was good though. As a subtle (well, not so subtle) nod to great 80's films I love - it was actually oddly good. It never fell into being quite as obvious as you thought it would be - so it was surprising in that it avoided some things you'd expect to happen. The end itself was actually really quite good too - it just left you thinking "well, it wasn't really a cop out". Even though it didn't really tie much up or round the film off :lol:

Very confusing film to rate. As a straight forward bit of action/horror tat though, it was entertaining and just as silly as Mad Max and Escape from New York - so I guess that's a good thing.

Maybe 8/10 for that, but as a bit of film (as in if it was really actually good) maybe 6/10 :)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Just got back in from seeing Star Trek...

Very awesome plot idea in order to make it different from the other existing ones, and the actors were all very well done and did very well...

Chekov didn't say nuclear vessels, but maybe in a future one he will... :lol: That was about the only 'old-school' phrase that wasn't used... Excellent last shot with Nimoy's voiceover and original music on the credits was win...

One thing I noticed was the incredibly high amount of lens flare throughout, was too much I think and kinda ruined several shots in my eyes...
However the lack of noise in many space based shots was excellent...

Overall, it's got me looking forward to other major blockbusters coming in summer, so it gets 9/10

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
If anyone has the Emperors New Groove on DVD I seriously suggest watching the Llama Dance on the extras. Its like the most amazing dose of WIN ever.

nealbie

CF Legend
Crazycoaster said:
If anyone has the Emperors New Groove on DVD I seriously suggest watching the Llama Dance on the extras. Its like the most amazing dose of WIN ever.

ditto.gif

nealbie

CF Legend
furie in said topic pointed out to me by Dave said:
Any posts I find that don't have decent use of capitals, make sense grammatically or have been spell checked will simply be deleted.

I fail to see where a picture of the pocket monster Ditto contravenes with any of the criteria posted by furie in his post quality topic.

In fact, it would have been far worse of me to have posted a "+1" comment as opposed to a wee pocket monster joke. :wink:

Dave

CF Legend
Still a half arsed post!

Oh ya, I saw Star Trek today, its a really good film, has a few flaws which are a bit wtf when you think about it.

8/10.