What's new

"Now Showing"

peep

CF Legend
Saw Angels & Demons today.

I liked it, so much better than Da Vinci Code. It had some nice story twists near the end too, I liked that :D It was well paced etc and just an all round enjoyable flick.

Rating: 4/5

robbeal

Hyper Poster
I saw Angels & Demons last week, and I really enjoyed it actually. Coming from someone who read the book years ago, it has tweaked and changed a few bits, bit it still retains the main plotline and feel of the story, and it all works well. The bloke who plays Commander Olivetti is scarily like I pictured him when I was reading the book! The one big change, of changing an italian character to an irish one, and then getting a scotsman to play him (which is a move that makes you think "why not just get a decent italian actor?") actually works quite well, and gives a bit of extra padding to the story, where Dan Brown can regularly be found focusing on facts and realism, and every now and then forgetting a bit about back stories.

8/10.

peep

CF Legend
Went to a preview screening of Anything for her.

The plot is a woman is accused of killing her boss and is sent to prison. Her husband believes she is innocent so forms a plan to pretty much kidnap her and move country with their child. The story is told over a period of 3 years. In a way those three years are condensed way too much but it also doesn't feel like much was left out. Some great scenes and the last 30 mins or so are excellent, you never know if this ordinary guy is going to go through with something and it is very clever. If you get a chance to see this French film, do.

Rating: 3.5/5

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Just watched Notting Hill for the first time. I was slightly disappointed as I expected it to be a bit more funnier and for more 'stuff' to happen. It was too long and a basic storyline just seemed to be padded out for two hours.

Nevertheless, a solid 6/10

kimahri

CF Legend
The Grape Wizard said:
Night At The Museum 2

Really good film, much better than the first. Some really funny stuff. Some stuff on the t.v adverts werent on th film though.

Lets go UC.

Really good film

No.

much better than the first.

No.

Some really funny stuff.

No.

Some stuff on the t.v adverts weren't on the film though.

well duh.

I just got back from it and I found it really crap, dull and a real disappointment from the first movie.

:|

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I should be off to see the second NATM on Friday (Hey, it's either that or The Jonas Brothers 3D xD)and it does look quite good. However, I'm not sure it will meet the levels of the previous film.

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
Lain said:
I went to see Coraline, and I didn't think it was very good.

Really? I found it incredibly likable. It could've done with a little cutting here and there, but goodness, it was so lovely to look at. 3D is a total must for me when it's available now. My, my eyes haven't quite recovered from the splendour.

Lain

Giga Poster
Ploddish said:
Lain said:
I went to see Coraline, and I didn't think it was very good.

Really? I found it incredibly likable. It could've done with a little cutting here and there, but goodness, it was so lovely to look at. 3D is a total must for me when it's available now. My, my eyes haven't quite recovered from the splendour.

It was really pretty, yeah, and the animation was excellent, but if you take that away, what is there?

I didn't find the story compelling at all.

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
Lain said:
It was really pretty, yeah, and the animation was excellent, but if you take that away, what is there?

I didn't find the story compelling at all.

I'd read the book the month before, and I felt it an entirely faithful translation. I really enjoyed the fact they managed to get away with some very very risqé fear techinques that were genuinely unsettling at points and it still being marketed as a family movie.

Juxtapositions ftw. And I rather liked the music. Acting was good too!

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Night At The Museum 1.

Well it was mildly funny in the odd place and it was alright. Nothing amazing though.

7/10.

mrclam

Giga Poster
Films i've seen recently:

Angels And Demons : Poop - even ewan mcgregor couldnt save it

Paul Blart - mall cop : OMFG! Definitely contender for "worst movie i've ever seen"

John91

Mega Poster
Drag Me To Hell...
Was it supposed to be a comedy, as I couldn't stop laughing from the hilarious first scene to the side splitting finale.
6/10 just for ****s and giggles alone.

Tony

Hyper Poster
I went to see "Drag me to hell" yesterday and I found it pretty good and entertaining. It has a few scary moments but some parts were just so funny like the car scene. Wasn't expecting much from it at all but was pleasantly surprised.

8/10

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Angels and Demons was amazing, and anyone who disagrees is a fool, especially Lain.

The Da Vinci code was crap, but then the book wasn't really practical to be adapted into a film. Where the Da Vinci Code faffs about with weak theories, Angels and Demons gets on with a rather epic story line.

8/10

Thumbsucker

Never heard of it, but my mom saw it at a yard sale the other day and got it for me because she thought it looked good. Not as much comedy as there is seriousness, but still, it made for a unique storyline and an entertaining watch. I felt for the main character as well (who was a cutie :p ). Not the best piece of cinematic work but, it was definitely decent.

7/10

John91

Mega Poster
Managed a 5 film run in Crawley the other day as I needed to get away from the world.

Started with Monsters vs Aliens 3-D. This was really a big surprise as I wasn't expecting a fairly childish film to contain so many Sci-Fi in jokes throughout the film. Top class film.
9/10

Then a 3rd viewing of Star Trek. Still awesome.

Night at the Museum 2. Nothing special, fairly average with the exception of the woman in it (couldn't remember her name). 6/10

17 Again next, Very funny, and some how Zac Efron is actually very funny 8/10

Tormented finished it off. This was a massive surprise and was absolutely sensational. It was hilarious when it should be, and was very gory when it should be. I couldn't really find a fault with the exception of not enough chavs died. 10/10