What's new

"Now Showing"

Smelly, the Happening wasn't like the worst movie in history. I mean, it had its decent parts but then yeah, I agree the premise ended up being very stupid and the acting was absolutely balls.

mrclam

Giga Poster
I think my biggest problem - is that whenever i see mark whalberg trying to "act".. all i can picture is his manhood 4 feet high from when i saw boogie nights at the cinema.

nealbie

CF Legend
Just saw Bolt 3D (with the fit Miley Cyrus... unfortunately animated :roll: ), 'twas alright. I probably like it more than I should just because it's Disney, but oh well.

And it actually made me cry! When they were dying in the smoke and he (Bolt) stayed with her instead of saving himself :cry: *wipes eyes*

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Watched Speed last night with the family_furie.

Toss monkey of a film. Utter drivel.

I thought so at the cinema, and still think so. Tosh, tosh, tosh, tosh, tosh!

Why do I do it to myself?

nadroJ

CF Legend
Saw I Am Legend the other night.

Over-hyped pile of ****. Nothing was explained, the movie was too short, and the woman who comes into the film for the last 20 minutes really pissed me off.

Ollie

CF Legend
SchumacherFerrari said:
And it actually made me cry! When they were dying in the smoke and he (Bolt) stayed with her instead of saving himself :cry: *wipes eyes*

Thanks for the spoiler warning. :roll:

the_missus

Mega Poster
I saw 'He's Just Not That Into You' the other week...not a bad film!! Must admit I did cry...very embarassing in the cinema!

Plan to go see Confessions of a Shopaholic on Thursday...another trashy film! Plus it has Isla Fisher in it!

Love it!!

John91

Mega Poster
Finally managed to see My Bloody Valentine last night, in 3-D.
This film is so gimmicky it is unbelievable, but it really works. You get very quickly in to the film and it delivers what the audience wants to see thick and fast. A lot of violence. A lot of gore. This really would be a poor film in a regular cinema, but the 3-D gimmick makes it one of the best experiences I've ever had in a cinema.
5/10 for the film
10/10 for the experience.

Slash

Giga Poster
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button...

THE MOST BORING FILM EVER INVENTED.

I sat for three hours watching utter crap. I would rather have watched this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1VEY7ndKCs[/youtube]

The only good thing about that film was the make up. The storyline was horrific. The acting was strong but the storyline was so slow and horrifically boring that i didn't care.

By the end of the film I was willing for Benjamin Button to just ****ing die!

Oh by the way, there are 2231 ceiling tiles in screen 4 of the Empire cinema in Sutton Coldfield if you wanted to know

Rush

Giga Poster
Ollie! You brought that spoiler to my attention without warning me about it first! :wink:

Anyway I think I'm seeing Slumdog Millionaire tomorrow and I hope it lives up to all the awards!

nealbie

CF Legend
Ollie said:
SchumacherFerrari said:

Thanks for the spoiler warning. :roll:
Don't worry guys, that's not the ending :lol:

Stone Cold

Mega Poster
furie said:
Watched Speed last night with the family_furie.

Toss monkey of a film. Utter drivel.

I thought so at the cinema, and still think so. Tosh, tosh, tosh, tosh, tosh!

Why do I do it to myself?

:) Best film ever...

Or so I thought when I was 13!

Saw Revolutionary Road the other day and it was quite a disappointment, having seen the trailer, I knew to expect a depressing film about the difficulties of surburban life and of a marital disintegration. Yet despite fine acting from the leads, the characters are not fully fleshed out, for example, Frank's job title is never even mentioned, which is supposed to show the mediocrity of his existence, but ends up marring a later plot point. Similarly, April's acting is the same.

The biggest problem is however, the character with mental illness, of whom you believe is only there because the script writer couldn't work out a decent way to portray the points that this character so bluntly blurts out.

Overall, 4/10.

Ollie

CF Legend
Fight Club:

Really good film. Gripping story and great acting. Edward Norton acts amazingly well as does Brad Pitt and create very real and believable characters.
It did get quite confusing towards the end and I'm still not sure if I understood it correctly. But nevertheless it's an amazingly well done film.
Certainly in my top five movies and I recommend it to everyone.
10/10

Definitely not one for Taylor though as she'd hate it as it's an amazing film. It's also really confusing. :lol:

Oh and I like how they put that single frame of a picture of a guys penis at the end like they did in the films when editing Alice in Wonderland and stuff. :p

Plan to go see Confessions of a Shopaholic on Thursday...another trashy film! Plus it has Isla Fisher in it!

Aahh, I'm seeing Shopaholic tomorrow, I can't wait!

Saw Revolutionary Road the other day and it was quite a disappointment,

It looks whack, to be honest.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button...

THE MOST BORING FILM EVER INVENTED.

No, it was just anti-climactic. It seemed like half documentary, half film, to be honest.

Confessions of a Shopaholic

Awwwwww! Okay, it's hard watching a movie based upon five books, but they did a pretty damn good job combining the main parts of the first few books into ninety minutes. It was funny, yes a bit over the top, but Isla Fischer was fantastic as Becky! Not an amazing award winner, but it's about what I expected.

8/10

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's on my must see when I'm condemned to hell list Taylor!

Watched the assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford last night.

Before watching it, I knew nothing about it, who it was about, or what might happen. It was a real shock I'll tell you when Dumbo pranced in and saved the plucky cowgirl out of the grasps of the evil Jaffar! Or maybe that was a mixed up Disney dream I had on similar lines?

The film itself... Erm... I don't really know about it. It didn't really seem to have much purpose in it. It kind of ambled from scene to scene, through a slightly blurry landscape (all the opening shots of a scene where either blurred at the edges, or shot through blurred glass). I assume this was being clever, and showing the dreamlike state both Jesse James and Bob Ford were in as they headed cataclysmically towards the inevitable ending. Or something.

The film was certainly about the acting. The focus constantly on mild interactions between the main players. The story (as I said before) just ambled and rambled. Much of it was nothing more than transport for Pitt's far-away stare, gravely slur and Casey Affleck's slightly autistic tics and blurts.

A lot of the story was left open and not tied up (not an issue, as it was generally irrelevant to the plot anyway, but it's niggling). The whole thing just didn't quite sit right. It relied too much on the characters involved, but you could never really get attached enough to any of them through the script to really let the film get away with it. I think that was deliberate, it's a film makers film and not one you're meant to flock to see as a blockbuster - but it fails in other elements as that.

It's captivating though. I couldn't say I really enjoyed it (some of the scenes were fantastic, and some of the scenic shots superb), but I did want to watch it through to the end. It just didn't engage on the right levels somewhere. Really is a mixed bag.

The character of Bob Ford too changed so much after the deed (I won't go into what he did, I might spoil the film ;) ) too. I don't know if these were the hidden talents he tells Frank about at the start, but they appeared from nowhere.

Really difficult one to rate to be honest it's probably a 3/5, but at times (like when Nick Cave was involved :p )it hits a 4. :)