What's new

"Now Showing"

^ Ben was talking about the movie Ghost and I asked him if it was good. He said it was sad, and girly, but with some fighting and such thrown in.

Man sometimes I think you guys have as little common sense as I do :p .

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Thanks to TV marathons, I saw Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory and Charlie & the Chocolate Factory back to back. It was kind of interesting to compare. They're both decent movies for sure. Wonka is certainly better, though. Gene Wilder played a much better character then Johnny Depp did. Of course, Wonka was more classic, but I did enjoy the better effects and everything in Charlie. Overall, I guess Wonka gets an 8.5 and Charlie gets a 7.5. Good and certainly classic, but not great.

Ollie

CF Legend
Hancock:

Pretty good film. Starts off well and plenty of action.
As good as it looked though I felt that the film didn't really go deeply into each character so there was no feeling or emotion for anyone and they all felt fake. Also the 'twist' (if you can even call it that) comes way too early in the film so the rest of the film just feels like time wasted.
Not much happens plot wise either and there isn't much of a story to it.
Although this review makes the film sound bad, it's not it's worth watching, but I'd rent it rather than buy it as it's only worth watching once.

7/10

Thanks to TV marathons, I saw Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory and Charlie & the Chocolate Factory back to back. It was kind of interesting to compare. They're both decent movies for sure. Wonka is certainly better, though. Gene Wilder played a much better character then Johnny Depp did. Of course, Wonka was more classic, but I did enjoy the better effects and everything in Charlie. Overall, I guess Wonka gets an 8.5 and Charlie gets a 7.5. Good and certainly classic, but not great.

Ohh yay I can throw in my opinion on these films. First I'm going to say that I MUCH preferred the first one.

As for the effects you speak of, well, I think the first one was better in that respects because although Charlie and the Chocolate Factory has more modern effects, they're computer generated. The lack of computer generated graphics really made the first one feel more genuine to me.

Gene Wilder as well <3

I like all of the actors in the first one better actually, to be honest, as well as the whole fizzy lifting drink and Veruca's exit out of the factory (yes I know that the squirrels were in the book but I don't care).

So in other words:

Willy-9.5
Charlie- 7

Willy Wonka is one of my favourite movies, by the way.

kimahri

CF Legend
What Brian said.

I agree on what he said about CGI.

There is something about trick photography and puppets that just work... better.

I don't think the Queen of Aliens would be as intimidating crawling off the drop ship if it was all pre rendered models and crap.

Also Jim Henson's Labyrinth. <3 the puppets. DO NOT WANT DAVID BOWIE IN RIDING PANTS.

You want a review from me then here.

Got An American Tail on DVD. Nostalgia galore. Since I'm older I noticed some extra things and laughed at a few thing I wouldn't have as a wee little kiddy wink.

Henry the Pigeon <3

Also Jim Henson's Labyrinth. <3 the puppets. DO NOT WANT DAVID BOWIE IN RIDING PANTS.

You want a review from me then here.

Sorry, I know I've said this a million times but LABYRINTH IS THE BEST MOVIE IN EXISTENCE <3

I actually watched it three times in the past two days. I don't know why I don't get sick of it watching it as much as I do.

Actually I'm willing to bet I'd get like ten words wrongout of the whole movie if someone told me to recite it word for word.

peep

CF Legend
kimahri said:
Got An American Tail on DVD. Nostalgia galore. Since I'm older I noticed some extra things and laughed at a few thing I wouldn't have as a wee little kiddy wink.

Henry the Pigeon <3

Wow, I used to watch that film loads when I was little. Haven't seen it in ages, I have to admit that I was tempted by the DVD.

Watched High School Musical 3: Senior Year on DVD.

I still think this is a good film, it is well directed, the acting isn't THAT bad and the music is decent. However the kid that keeps annoying Efron is just too annoying, gah.

Rating: 4/5

.. APART from the singing....

No way...

You remind me of the babe! What babe? The babe with the power! What power? Power voodoo. Who do? You do! Do what? Remind me of the babe!

Okay it's not the best song, but I love "Within' You". I think it's a fantastic song (you know, the one that starts with "how you turn my world you precious thing, you starve and near exhaust me..").

Ben

CF Legend
peep said:

I still think this is a good film, it is well directed, the acting isn't THAT bad and the music is decent. However the kid that keeps annoying Efron is just too annoying, gah.

Zac and Vanessa ARE awful though. Just... awful. They can't sing. They make me want to die.

SHARPAY <3

I quite liked it too though.

Snoo

The Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:
.. APART from the singing....
You remind me of the babe! What babe? The babe with the power! What power? Power voodoo. Who do? You do! Do what? Remind me of the babe!

Okay it's not the best song, but I love "Within' You". I think it's a fantastic song (you know, the one that starts with "how you turn my world you precious thing, you starve and near exhaust me..").

The exact reason why we could have done without the singing.

mrclam

Giga Poster
Ive changed my mind.. i'd much rather listen to bowie than high-school-flipping-musical...

Whoever mentioned that needs a slap.
:lol:

Ollie

CF Legend
High school musical isn't that bad. People think you have to say it's bad or people will dislike you. I admit it doesn't interest me but I've still seen them and it's nice to have a lively happy film like that.

I also have to admit that the third HSM was pretty good. I don't love them in any way though. I don't sing them all the time, watch the films over and over I've just seen it once or twice and just thought it was cool to have a happy catchy musical film.

When it first came out it was huge but now everyone says they can't stand it and that they'd rather die than watch it ect. Yet every time a new HSM film comes out it does better than the one before so I'm sure there's still loads of people secretly seeing it that say they hate it.

nealbie

CF Legend
Ben said:
peep said:

Zac and Vanessa ARE awful though. Just... awful. They can't sing. They make me want to die.

SHARPAY <3

I quite liked it too though.
Read what Ben has said! It is nothing but the truth!

And whoever says that they [wouldn't] do Ashley Tisdale is lying! (...well either that or they don't like women in that way :wink: )

Snoo

The Legend
^^Nah.

It really was that bad.

Of course, I hate singing for the most part.. unless it is Aladdin or Lion King. That is pretty much my limit.

Ben

CF Legend
SchumacherFerrari said:
And whoever says that they [wouldn't] do Ashley Tisdale is lying! (...well either that or they don't like women in that way :wink: )

Who has to like women in that way? I'd still give Ashley Tisdale a bloody good rogering.