What's new

No Limits Help, Information and Requests

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
You can find out it's length by looking in the Segment information box (underneath the banking controls).

Or you can use the Node coordinates (on the left hand side of the screen underneath the new track button). You'll want to use the 'Y' value, and it's already in metres.

Hope that's got it.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
You can either:

-Change the settings on NL (Options>Preferences...> and then check the Imperial box)

OR (the better method)

-Use a simple online converter or just convert the units yourself. 1m~3.28ft.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Even better: Convert to Metric units. Easier to calculate with, the rest of the world uses them, and Britain is supposed to go over to Metric anyway.

And is there a way to have the Simulator not run in Fullscreen mode? Kinda irritating when building and chatting at the same time.

Ollie

CF Legend
^Yeah I don't have it on full screen. It's under the visual settings when you go onto the sim.

A

Anonymous

i have downloaded elementary about 3 times all from different sites but every time i try to run them it just says runtime error 53 file not found: msvbvm50.dll
i am have got vista does that have something to do with it.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^It wouldn't surprise me if it won't work with Vista. Don't forget some of these tools are much older than Vista.

I can't help on specific problems, but it might just be as simple as compatibility.

Xpress

Strata Poster
I have my editor set to Imperial, because I cba to deal with the metric system. I DO however have my grid spacing set to 3.28ft., or basically ~1 meter.

CMonster

Giga Poster
How do you load a formula from elementary into purgatorium? It seems the formula wizard saves the formulas in a different format than the purgatorium accepts, and I can't click the purgatorium! button.[/i]

RobJackson85

Roller Poster
Does any body know of any other sites which have tutorials/links to tutorials on how to use Newton2? I've watched the 'official' YouTube videos but would like other sources of information.

Any help would be much appreciated (I also know that many of you dislike the use of tools, but I want to be able to use them as-well as hand-building)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^It's to do with how much of a lead in/out you have.

I can't remember if it's done in degrees, metres or percentages, but it will basically add a lead in/out the specified size.

As for "what are lead in/outs?" they are essentially a smoother way of going from straight track to the full radius of the turn. They add a kind of... fade... to the track I guess.

Xpress did a post once showing an example, but I can't be bothered to find it, and I don't think you should need it. It's quite obvious.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Yeah, as Hixee said, they basically give the element a lead-in/out. They are in meters, so the higher you input, the smoother (and longer) the transition will be ;)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^It's in metres then. I'd forgotten that bit.

Obviously you can't have the sum of the lead-in/outs being more than the length of the helix!

It's best to just play with it until you get a nice looking (and feeling) result.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^Try searching for the ride name in your computer. Tell it specifically to search everywhere. The pics should show up, but be placed in a folder somewhere in the Temp files. Go one step up and make a shortcut to that folder i.e. on your desktop. Go from there when you want to upload.