What's new

No Limits Help, Information and Requests

Jared

Hyper Poster
Xpress said:
Not NL1.X. NL2.0 has the capability with its complex lighting engine, as well as making the physics equal to that.

This is just not the case Xpress. NoLimits relies on a completely different form of rendering. NoLimits renders the paths created by the editor and then applies a colour. This is what i'm sure you all know.

With 3ds max, there are many different types of rendering, there are paths, splines, meshs and more...

The rending types are completly different. As for Physics. Max has no physics unless it is programmed into the model using max script.

Lighting is down to how you program it in max. The render in Max will always be superior to that of NL and NL2 purely becasue the user has more creative freedom.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
In the sim you see flat planks of wood, often used as catwalks on wooden coasters, but also as objects. In editor, they are four nodes connected by beige lines to make a square. How do you make them?

herbinator

Mega Poster
real

I'm finding it really hard to make my coasters. I only got it last night but got to play it this morning. I find that despite not doing anything except flat that it sometimes banks 90 degrees in the station or it ends up having stupid amounts of G force up to 25G! I don't really know what I'm doing wrong.

CMonster

Giga Poster
I installed Elementary and tried running the program, but I got this error message: "Run Time Error 53: File not found: msvbvm50.dll". Then, when I checked for a solution online, it said that "Your version of Microsoft Deprecated DLL Components is not compatible with this version of Windows." Do you know what I should do since I really want to use Elementary? The microsoft support website didn't do any good at all.

CMonster

Giga Poster
Thanks for the site, that's helpful.

I tried redownloading it twice, but that error message keeps popping up. Apparently I need a file or program which my version of windows (Windows Vista) didn't come with, Microsoft Deprecated DLL Components. Anybody know if I can get that and if so, where? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: It works fine on my parent's XP computer.

CMonster

Giga Poster
Yeah, I'll probably have to get NoLimits on my parents computer. I wonder if it works for Windows 7, though?

A

Anonymous

^ Windows 7, have a full version of XP built in it so it will be able to run any older program as good as XP itself. So give it a try!!

Xpress

Strata Poster
MAC SUCKS!!! HORRIBLE CRAPPY COMPUTERS THAT NOBODY GIVES A DAMN ABOUT!!

And now that you know my stand, here's why:

MAC's don't support a lot of programs that NL uses, and not just tools. Programs such as CK, or OC, and the likes.

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
I just bought this, anyone know if there is a static station view and how to toggle it? Because I want to use manual dispatch.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^There isn't a static view as such.

In the Sim press "E" and they could can move around the Sim freely. If you then just position the camera in a good place and leave it there.

I think that's what you're getting at.

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
Oops, yeh, I just found that, I changed the controlls so they were easier for a blonde brain to use XD Great now blondes are discriminating blondes :?