What's new

No Limits Help, Information and Requests

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
If you need to know anything about No Limits, ask the question in here and somebody will come along and help you out!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Might as well start the topic:

When I take screenshots in NL, the usual message with "screenshot saved" appears on the screen. When I then look in the Computer/C:/Programfiles/NoLimits/screenshots (or whatever), the picture is not there.
I can, however, search for it, and it will appear somewhere along with all the other pics I have taken. The problem is, I can't find this folder.
For a while, the system worked perfect, so my screenshots folder contains a few early pics, but it suddenly stopped working, and now, I have to search to view them.
What is wrong?

A

Anonymous

^ Right click on one of the images > properties, and there should be a line that says "Location" that shows where it's at.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^Thanks, but I can't find that folder through normal means. To upload, I'll have to search for the pics, send them to another folder, and upload from there.

And why aren't the pictures saved in the normal folder?

EDIT: Found what file they are put in. Roughly translated it's named:
Computer/C:/Users (in my computer, 'Users' appears written in English, though my computer language is Norwegian, maybe there's a language error?)/ (my name)/app data (a file that won't show up if I go to C:(my name))/local/temp/virtualStore/ProgramFiles/NoLimitsCoastersV1.6/screenshots.

So basically, there's a "hidden door" when I navigate to C:/Users.
What's wrong, and why did the PC choose that location?

A

Anonymous

^ I have no idea why that's happened, try to reinstall NL (but before you do, backup the whole NL folder, so you don't loose anything).

Xpress

Strata Poster
Well, take the easy route, and just press "Print Screen" (located next to, or around your backspace key, depending on your computer type).

Then go to MS Paint, Photoshop, ect. and then go to edit, then down to paste. VIOLA!! A screenie of your ride.

Also, this is just to take a screenshot of whatever is on your screen, be it editor shots, webpage shots, ect.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^I had forgot that way out... (guess an in-game cam eliminates the need of Print-screen, and leaves you in a helpless state once it 'breaks')
Silly me... Thanks!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Basically, you'll have to assemble the custom supports yourself. One by one, I'm afraid.
To make a custom support, you'll only need a few clicks:
1: Select 'normal-track node' to the upper left
2: Click on the piece of track where you want your support to be connected to the track.
3: Select 'footer'.
4: Go to top view, place the footer on the ground below the normal-track node.
5: Go to any view, select a beam size, and drag a line between the two dots.

This is a very basic support, you'll need free nodes as well if you want to make more than a straight support. The best way to figure out how that works is to play around making complex structures yourself. It's a mess before you figure it out, but once you've learned it, you can do anything.

Ollie

CF Legend
I keep trying to make a lauch with fins in the centre of the track (like Stealth), but can only so far get the magnetic blocks on the outside, and when it launches it slows down halfway and then launches again. :?
Can someone help please?

Deano

Mega Poster
If you are useing a brake section this useually happens, but if your useing a transport section i cant help you. It works fine for me on a transport section.

EDIT: soz that didn't really help. Try useing a transport section that useually works. Also you don't have to sort out as many digits and check boxes etc...

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Very minor question!

I've heard of and seen so-called 'Flanged' supports used in many projects (in case I forgot what they're called, here's a picture: http://rcdb.com/m/ig3245.htm?picture=49 (the circles on the supports)). How do you make them? Is it just to make a smaller section of the support one size bigger? Or do I need 3Ds?

A

Anonymous

Flanges ar usually made up of small pieces of one size larger supports, there is a program that you can get from NLDC which creates them for you (note that it's not compatible with the latest versions of NL, so brakeruns, station, track typ, improoved friction, etc. will be changed).
But you can also make them with 3ds object, and if you do then you could add nuts anb bolst and stuff.

A

Anonymous

I don't know how I can import objects from 3Dsmax in NL. The objects from 3Dsmax have an .max extension, and the objects for nolimits need an .3ds extention.

Could anybody help me with this problem?

A

Anonymous

^ Is there an export option in 3Dsmax? I bet that you have to use that to make the object into an 3ds object.

That is what I would guess, but I have no idea, since I don't use 3Dsmax.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Did you spend the extra $500 and get the 3Ds exporting feature? If not, then we can't help out. :(

Steven

Giga Poster
Some noobish questions. I have version 1.7
Is there any auto-supporters other than the woodie?
And Is there any hacks that can bring the launch above 200?

Lain

Giga Poster
Steven said:
Some noobish questions. I have version 1.7
Is there any auto-supporters other than the woodie?

Nope. Wood magic is the only plugin available.

Steven said:

I can't say I've ever tried to go above that, but if that's the limit it sets, I doubt you'll be able to get any faster.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Steven said:

You don't have to. After the launch section keep launching on a new segment, but hide the transport device. Continue the launch as far as you have to to get the train over your top. That's at least what I'd do if I wanted to recreate Kingda Ka...