What's new

New rides @ small parks

Martyn B

CF Legend
After what seems like around 5 years of construction, the new in-house flat ride at Adventure Island has opened:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQI4o-JzVFk[/youtube]

</3

Nic

Strata Poster
Martyn B said:
After what seems like around 5 years of construction
Only 5?! ;)

That looks DISGUSTING! Surely Sue is the only idiot in the world that would pay to be tortured like that?

peep

CF Legend
I love how they're designing and building their own rides. Not like I'd ride this latest contraption of death, but still, the idea is nice.

marc

CF Legend
It looks great at night with all the lights on, and it looks really fast.

Will have to wait to ride it now as we did not know it was open until late.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Reminds me of Chaos and Zipper. Chaos was fun the one time I rode it and Zipper was a blast before they decided to put a weight limit of 160lbs per person.

It looks fun to me!

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
That's looks like it's going to be ridiculously putrid and intense, how wonderful! Can't wait to finally ride the thing.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
That looks so disgustingly fab <3

Another excuse to pop back to AI then aside from the cred I need to obtain :p I do have a nice soft spot for AI.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
peep said:
I love how they're designing and building their own rides.

I used to think the same, but have changed my mind really. What's the point when, let's face it, they're coming out with nauseating s**te that can't be costing much less, if any less at all, than a ready-built, proven, decent ride from an established manufacturer?

I popped into Adventure Island right before Ghosterforce to mop up the Kiddi Coasta (or however they're choosing to stupidly spell it) cred, and just didn't bother with this, even though it was open and I could've done a "The ride is awesome because I rode it first; look at me!!!!" post, but it looked putrid.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^I'd just assumed that you knew to be honest. I didn't know it was only just opening. It's only through this topic that I've realised the missed "exclusive" I could have had.

marc

CF Legend
^You would have been the only person on here (apart from Danny) to have done it in its opening year lol.

esp3001

Roller Poster
The new ProSlide ride at Center Parcs, Elveden Forest was offically opened yesterday by Ellie Simmonds. Luckily I'm currently holidaying there and have so far managed two rides on 'Tropical Cyclone'. I've gotta say it's a great deal of fun. The 'Behemoth Bowl' drop really takes your breath away and gives a great amount of speed to enter the 'Tornado'. The queues are, gladly, quite light and both rides included only around a fifteen minute wait.

After visiting the holiday village a number of times in the past, it's a great addition to a water park that was beginning to stagnate and become a little boring to me, now though, I cant wait to get back in the pool and give it a few more rides.

Edit- link to offical announcement including video http://www.centerparcs.co.uk/tropicalcyclone

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
I mean no disrespect to ProSlide, but isn't the bowl a bit pointless, - I mean it's not like those bowls where you gain a lot of speed before entering it, which makes this bowl look kinda pointless.