What's new

New rides @ small parks

Martyn B

CF Legend
Cavallino Matto in Italy have just opened a rock 'n' roll themed Gerstlauer Polyp:

cavallinomatto6203.jpg

cavallinomatto62021.jpg

http://www.parksmania.it/

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
There's a similar one at Liseberg and it's utterly fantastic. Really, incredibly fun ride - don't write things off because they look dull* ;)

*Of course, the Gerstlauer version may be dreadful, but still ;)

Lofty

CF Legend
Loving the theme of it. It's a great little ride, I agree with Furie. They can provide such a fun experience.

Jake

Strata Poster
Apparently there's a new pile of fox crap on one of the paths at Paultons.

It's AMAZING.

Oh, wait, this deserves its own topic.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Lol at how many scenic elements have been copied from the Plopsaland version of Mayaland...

Also, that Main Street looks great, much improved over the original entrance...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I hate it when parks/people take photos at wonky angles to make it appear quirky and cool. In fact, I might do my next PTR in that style (if furie doesn't nick the idea and do it first).

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Nah, I do it occasionally if it means it fits the frame and looks "cool", but not just for the sake of it.

Maya Land was open when we were there, but it was really miserable and dark so I didn't take any photos - plus it was full of three year olds and I didn't want to look like some British pervert.

It looks pretty good in real life, lots of theme on the rides themselves, but the area is a bit sparse and concrete/tarmac. It doesn't feel "jungly"

Josh73

Giga Poster
roomraider said:
fanta3.jpg

The new Fantawild Adventure in Zhengzhou, China has added a couple of new coasters. Both standard models but thats the first new Boomerang in almost 7 years. (Powerpark being the last one)

Source: http://vhcoasters.com/
Is it just me or are those lift hills **** giant?

_koppen

Hyper Poster
furie said:
There's a similar one at Liseberg and it's utterly fantastic. Really, incredibly fun ride - don't write things off because they look dull* ;)

*Of course, the Gerstlauer version may be dreadful, but still ;)

That was made by Schwarzkopf, it got replaced this year with a brad new one from Gerstlauer.
Same theme tough, the one on the picture looks to be exactly the same as the one Liseberg got.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I was going to post the Center Parcs water slide! You beat me to it ;)

On the promo video the bottom of the funnel looks so bumpy and painful. Will it lead back into the main plaza building like Grand Cascade at Sherwood Forest CP, or into a separate building?

spicy

Giga Poster
That water slide looks awesome! I was there back in March and saw the construction going on and a life guard told us it was for a worlds first water slide, I thought he was talking a load of cobblers, but apparently not!

This kind of slide is exactly what Splash Landings is crying out for as well.