What's new

New rides @ small parks

collins

Roller Poster
Wasn't sure if this post needed a separate topic, so I have posted it in here. (please feel free to move it if you don't think it fits in)

After browsing some recent news, I found this article relating to the transformation of the Olympic Park now that its all over:

http://www.londonlegacy.co.uk/about-us/ ... rporation/

If you look in the concept picture, there is in fact a rollercoaster not that far from the orbit. This is most probably a concept artist showing what sort of things can go in there, but thought it was interesting nevertheless. Upon reading bits on the website, I haven't come across anything regarding the coaster, but would be quite a cool concept if the park does have a section with some rides in!

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Mmmm.. Sounds good. The coaster's layout looks a lot like a TOGO standup as well so it might be a relocation from somewhere.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I bet the Olympic park does end up an empty shell that gets some kak fairground rides shoved in it at Christmas time haha! Would be cool to have some kind of non temporary coasters in the capital though, I could definitely appreciate that.

Jake

Strata Poster
^ We already have some (Chessington is actually in Greater London, not Surrey like everyone thinks)...

I know what you mean though, London could easily sustain some kind of permanent inner-city park (or even just a few rides). They work well everywhere else in Europe, and whenever they've had any creds a bit more central they've been really popular (Winter Wonderland, and also that London Wonderground thing).

If this does happen, it'll blates be a Reverchon though </3.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Our very own Bellewaerde Park in Ypres, Belgium, will open an indoor, costum designed Zierer Force 5 rollercoaster in spring 2013. This new rollercoaster will replace the 1992 dark-ride Los Piratas.

The new rollercoaster will be indoor, except for one outdoor curve. The rollercoaster will be themed around the Maya's, will start up with a dark-ride section with SFX, such as water, wind, smoke and fire. The rollercoaster will contain on-board sound. It's the first rollercoaster that will have on-board music in Belgium.

gunmonkey

Roller Poster
Thought I'd trump the pictures of dirt that can sometimes be found in threads by displaying this great image of the latest construction on the new 4D cinema at Paultons. As you can see they have installed a scissor lift which will be used as a drop element a la 'Nemesis sub terra' and just check out those beautiful metal box things, stunning :p

Attachments

• DSCN0261.JPG
    DSCN0261.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 84

Lancebloke

Roller Poster
Saw them testing a new ride called 'The Time Machine' at Adventure Island in Southend-on-Sea. You could probably find a few pics if you search for it. There are too many rides all the same there but this is a little different. Puke factor looks quite high!!

Nic

Strata Poster
^Don't tell me they're actually in danger of having that thing finished and open?! It'll only be, what, 2 years late?

Martyn B

CF Legend
Legoland Germany are getting a new attraction for next year:

dsc0207d.jpg

dsc0153yw.jpg

http://www.coasterfriends.de/

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
With the new construction forums, this topic can seem a bit ambiguous.

If a new ride at a small park is announced and under construction, then it deserves it's own topic in the Other Rides Construction forum. Even if the topic proves unpopular with the regular CFers, somebody, somewhere might be interested and will hopefully be able to find out more info here.

If a previously unnoticed new ride has already opened and somebody is posting to make others aware, then using this topic is fine. There's no point discussion construction after a ride has been built.

So...
New ride annoucement & construction - new topic in new forums.
New ride already open - post it in this topic.

Many thanks.

Nic

Strata Poster
They had (have?) it at Drievliet too. I actually really liked it, it's definitely one of the better ones I've seen. Depends how well the effects are done though. It helped that the seats/effects at Drievliet were brand new, and it was all really well done.

gunmonkey

Roller Poster
Hopefully Paultons will pull this off then, they don't usually cut corners so should be done to a high standard.