What's new

New Rides for Top Ten?

Ollie

CF Legend
I enjoy rides that are an experience as well. So something that is fast paced, well themed, has great audio and is great fun to ride and re-ride. :)
I'm not sure how many will make it to my top 10 on the Euro-Live this year as I haven't really looked into reviews of the coasters and it's impossible to tell what it's like from a video. Those who went last year with me will remember me saying how I thought I was going to be disappointed with EGF and said all it did was go up and down hills.
After riding it once it shot straight to my number one spot and every time we re-rode it it seemed to be even more amazing. :)
Same with Black Mamba, on POVs all you can see is grass and dirt on the floor beneath you, but when you are there and ride it the scenery is the best I've ever seen in my entire life and the ride was amazing as well.
So you just can't tell before you ride them, there may be some crappy kiddy coaster that's really good like Pegesus was.

marc

CF Legend
Well the trip to Germany last year supprised me as well.

Mamba I thought was going to be rubbish, it was not and I was not the only one to say that infact I think the whole group were shocked.

EGF I enjoyed but got bored after a while, even though it was nice to get
ERT the ride was not running well thanks to the rain and down time. Its my number 1 coaster but tbh I dont know why, I dont think it will stay there for much longer.

Silver Star dont even get me started. I thought I would love it and well no. But its just had work done on it and its meant to be back to its best.

I really enjoyed the Micheal Jackson coaster, but I thought I would anyway.

One of the stand out coasters for me was the one at the fair, I could ride that all day loved it.

Tbh I need to do a trip like Furie and the one Ben and Jake done last year, simple really lol.

Ben

CF Legend
furie said:
I've heard mixed bag. Some claim it's as good as Nemesis, others not so good.

Thankfully, Nemesis was running superb on Sunday, so I've got an excellent last run on it for comparison :) Also, knowing Nemesis so much, I don't take into account the environ really any more - so it should be a pretty fair comparison.

Batman is a LOT better than Nemesis. But, then Talon is a LOT better than Batman. Seriously, Talon is where it's at. Talon is superb. Alpengeist is also awesome, but, I'm not sure if YOU'D like it, if you get me? Talon though is my number one Invert.

Talon <3

Uh, you'll be riding three of my top ten (or four, I forget, are you going Hershey? Because Storm Runner is SUPERB), and only one of my top ten is British [/attempt at being on-topic]

Snoo

The Legend
^Talon is fantastic.. I do need another ride on that puppy for it to climb in my rankings. I think it is #3 invert, behind Alpengeist and Montu.

[quoet]Batman: The ride, El Toro, Phoenix, Alpengeist, Boulder Dash, Griffon, Talon, Superman: Ride of Steel , Coney Island Cyclone and Apollo's Chariot. [/quote]

I'm gonna say Toro, Boulder Dash, and Superman are pretty much definites, but Batman made it quite high in my toppers surprisingly. Didn't expect to like it as much as I did!

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
SnooSnoo said:
^Talon is fantastic.. I do need another ride on that puppy for it to climb in my rankings. I think it is #3 invert, behind Alpengeist and Montu.

Talon is incredible my #2 invert behind Montu.

Also for this topic, next month I'm going to California so I'm thinking that X2 and Tatsu have a chance of making my top 10. Then in August I'm going to Orlando (I kind of live in Florida now but I'm at boarding school most of the year so it doesn't really count I guess and it's Miami not Orlando.) and in Orlando I think Dueling Dragons, Hulk, and Manta may have chances to make my top 10.

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
The only new ride so far has been Manta. It almost made it. It is in my top 20. It kicked out Batwing which had kicked out Superman-UF (SFOG / SFGAV). As long as we are on our stomach more than our back, all flyers are good. Firehawk and Nighthawk had a longer wait and were not as good.
For new rides planned, there are more top 20's than top 10's. Here are the lists of both.
---- Top 20 ----
Boss (SFSL)
Evel Knievel (SFSL)
Mr. Freeze (SFSL / SFOT)
Prowler (Worlds of Fun)
Powder Keg (Silver Dollar City)
Wildfire (Silver Dollar City)
Shockwave (SFOT)

---- Top 10 ----
Mamba * *
Patriot * *
Superman Krypton Coaster (SFFT)
Titan (SFOT)

* * I might have a problem puting these two from Worlds of Fun on any list because they are so similar to Steel Force and Talon from their sister park Dorney. Could part of my top 10 look like this:
8. Steel Force / Mamba
9. Talon / Patriot

A

Anonymous

I recently went on Tizona at Terra Mittica in Benidorm And it has jumped to my best rollercoaster ive been on knocking megafobia off of number 1. i really recommend it to anybody looking for a cool ride which gives you plenty of air time.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Siam Park City hasn't changed my top 10 coasters, but may have an impact on my top 20 with Vortex and Boomerang, as they were both relatively good Vekomas. I'll be writing a trip report shortly, I'm still on holiday however.

I enjoyed Boomerang more than Vortex, but I feel Vortex has more potential due to interactions with the scenery etc. They're both somewhat rough, But getting on the front of both (Front-right on Vortex preferably) can make a significant difference. The extended SLC layout of Vortex is nothing to rave about, in fact, the standard designs are a better, due to a really bad rough spot entering Votex's helix.

Boomerang was smoother when it comes to headbang/neckbash, it just felt really uncomfortable and cramped and gave a rather rattly ride.

PLCP

Mega Poster
I'm guessing that El Toro, Kingda Ka, Griffon, and Alpengeist will all make my top ten. I suppose that Shivering Timbers, Nitro, Apollo's Chariot, and Dominator all have an outside chance too.

^ I thought you've been to Michigan's Adventure?

I highly doubt Nitro will make the top ten though, especially with Behemoth kind of being on the edge of your top ten already.

STC

Mega Poster
I think the following may make my top 10 during my upcoming California trip:
Xcelerator (to replace Stealth)
Tatsu
X2
Goliath
Terminator Salvation
Mattahorn (though I don't really know why, it just looks so charming)

Snoo

The Legend
Possibles for the rest of the season (Top 20.. as 10 maybe a longshot):

Prowler
Evel Kinevel
Shivering Timbers
Manta
Wildfire
Powder Keg

We'll see.

Snoo

The Legend
Not all rides are the same love. Look how Jerry felt about Thunderhead. ;)

I did say Top 20.. which is hard enough to get into as is.. let alone top 10.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
The only ones I can see having a shot at my top are Griffon, Alpengeist, Volcano, El Toro, and Bizarro. We'll see how things shape up in three weeks though.

I decided I'm gonna bring this back, since chances are I won't be going to anymore new parks this season besides possibly La Ronde next month.

The coasters I have added to my top ten for the entire season are:

Voyage
RFII
Diamondback
Beast

And the rides that I added to my top twenty:

Phantom's Revenge (13 I think)
Evel Knievel (14 I think)
Mr. Freeze (20)

So I had a pretty good season in terms of new coasters overall.. Shivering Timbers did lose its spot from my top five down into my top twenty somewhere though.