What's new

New Rides for Top Ten?

This season, are you going anywhere that you think will have some coasters which will make your top ten? Which coasters are they, and what ranking do you think they'll have? What coasters this season have you already added to your top ten?

I know for sure two will make my top ten (Diamondback/Voyage), possibly one my top five, but as of right now my top ten remains the same as it was last season. That happens when your season doesn't start until June :p .

Ben

CF Legend
I think Expedition GeForce, Troy and Colossos could, but, I'm not betting for sure. Um, I suppose Terminator or X2 could surprise me, but, I'm not expecting anything in California to break my list!

Decent coasters is why I'm going to Germany ;)

But, I won't say for sure.

^ Troy looks awesome, and I'm pretty sure EGF will make your list if it's as good as people are saying it is.

X2 doesn't look like an amazinggg coaster, but it definitely looks like a top tenner just for the fact that it's so awkward and different.

Ollie

CF Legend
Any of the coaster on the Euro-live may make my top ten. Also The Ultimate if I go to the LWV live. And if I go to Port Aventura for Halloween this year then Kahn will probably make it as well. :)

Snoo

The Legend
X2 already jumped into my Top 10 this season, but it was a real shocker.

Kentucky Rumbler and Diamondback have a chance.. and maybe some surprises which I don't expect, but doubt it.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Balder, Kanonen and Lisebergbanan should all break the top ten. In order to do that, they must beat Flying Fish, Dragon and Teeny-Weeny. These are the only rides outside my Top 10 to date.

A

Anonymous

I can only name a few that will put a fight on my list.

Blue Fire - is the biggest contender.
Tranan - could enter it because it's so different then anything else (just like Eejanaika).
Troy/El Toro - since I haven't ridden a full GCI yet so I don't really know what to expect from them.

Expedition Geforce and Goliath may get another chance on the top 10, but I wasn't too impressed with them when I rode them a few years ago.

Ollie

CF Legend
^You doubt alot of things Ben. I wasn't sure what all the fuss was about on EGF and Mamba. Mamba I loved loads.
And EGF just got better and better every time I rode it so it shot straight into my number one spot. :)

Ben

CF Legend
Ollie said:
^You doubt alot of things Ben. I wasn't sure what all the fuss was about on EGF and Mamba. Mamba I loved loads.
And EGF just got better and better every time I rode it so it shot straight into my number one spot. :)

Yeah... but... no offence, Mamba has to beat more to get into my Top Ten than it did yours :p

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I'm really not sure tbh.
X2 already made it & I imagine Diamondback will as well. I also think Manta has a chance as does Voyage, Blue Fire, EGF & maybe Black Mamba. Who knows? Olympia Looping, Kentucky Rumbler, Shivering Timbers, Thunderhead or HRRR could even sneak in there, but I doubt it.

^ With your top ten and coaster count, I doubt Shivering Timbers will make it. Like, it's a good coaster, but I'd think of it as more like a wooden version of Magnum than anything, as it's certainly not up there with like, Toro.

It's still awesome though. I'd reride the whole thing all day.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
That's why I said "I doubt it", but then I'm a woodie fanboy & you never know. :wink:

Brookes

Giga Poster
Seeing as I haven't ridden that many coasters and am not that experienced in a lot of different types of coasters at the moment, a lot of things could make it into my top 10. This year already my top 10 has changed massively with going to Florida, with the addition of Montu, Kumba, Incredible Hulk, Kraken, SheiKra, Dueling Dragons (Ice), Dueling Dragons (Fire) and Expedition Everest. The things replaced weren't exactly the best coasters in the world anyway. But I haven't got much for the rest of the year and the only big coasters will be Saw and everything at Blackpool Pleasure Beach. Looking at it now, I don't think anything this year will break into my top ten, but I could be surprised.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Realistically, I think Nemesis would be the only one that has a chance to make my top 10, though I'm quietly wondering if Saw might end up appealing to me in some weird way.