What's new

New Rides for Top Ten?

marc

CF Legend
Just looked at the Euro Live coaster list again and the only 2 coasters that I think are really going to impress me are Colossos and Piraten. But as Piraten is a bit like EGF in a way I do not think that will make my top 10, so one has a chance.

ryan462

Hyper Poster
I think a few from the Eurolive can get into mine seeing as my current 10 is not to good at the moment. Most likely are Piraten, Colossos and Fluch.
Saw has already got into my 10 so far aswell.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Saw and Stealth have made it to my top 10; I'm off to Asia next month so hopefully any of the rides in Siam Park City will reach into my top ten, hopefully loop the loop if its operating :)

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Diamondback hit my #9 already.

I can't imagine that anything else I do this year will crack my top 10, though. I don't care for pretzel loops, so I don't expect Manta up there. Beyond that, as my plans are now, I'm not riding anything of particularly good repute.

Rush

Giga Poster
Saw was a very surprising addition to my Top 10 and now that it's apparently had its trim removed it could reach higher. Or descend lower.

Apollo's Chariot, Alpengeist and Griffon will have to be very disappointing to not reach my Top 10. (Although saying that, Nemesis managed it.)

If I get to Oakwood then Megafobia and possibly Speed (if it's like Saw) might make an appearance there.

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Kebab said:
I'm off to Asia next month so hopefully any of the rides in Siam Park City will reach into my top ten, hopefully loop the loop if its operating

I wouldn't get your hopes up. I managed a ride on it in December 2007, but it was definitely on its last legs back then, and was only open for part of the day. I'd be surprised if it's even still there. The SLC and Boomerang there are the best I've ridden though, but definitely not top ten material. Try and get to Dream World if you have chance. A couple of the coasters are pretty good (not great), and it's a really cool park overall.

Ok, to answer the question. I could see Colossos making my top ten. Kawasemi is my current number 4, so I'll probably end up putting Piraten in with that, since they're the same thing.

A

Anonymous

^ Even if Kawasemi and Piraten are on the same position for me, I still rate Kawasemi higher since it didn't have the "Intamin shake" that Piraten does when I rode them.
I also rate them higher then EGF since EGF is so overrated, and the mega-lites are awesome.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
It has been the year of the B&M hyper for me, SFoG Goliath and Diamondback ranking somewhere in my top ten.

Ali

Mega Poster
Maybe Saw, but I'm not too sure, EGF will most definatly get in, as will Blue Fire. Who knows, maybe even Mumbo Jumbo might even break in. :)

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Diamondback hit my #9 already.

So it's bomb then? Is it better than Behemoth, if you've ridden that?

As great as I found Behemoth, I liked this one just a hair more. I do acknowledge that some of that may be from riding on opening day, but I hope to get back later this summer for comparison.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
I'll be riding Dragon Khan this time next week... i think that it'll smash into my Top 10 (that i don't really have) at the number 1 spot.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I'll be gutted if I don't get at least five new top tenners this year. I'm hoping to see a Megafobia killer within a week :)

It'll be nice to lose a Thorpe coaster from my vague top ten too :)

Emmett

Giga Poster
Hmm, I think I rode my most of my top 10 coasters last year and can't really see anything this year sneaking in. Maybe something from Italy or Germany may sneak in but I can't see anything pushing Troy off the top spot.