What's new

New attractions at Paultons Park

Right, back from a visit to Paultons today. Here’s more from a staff member.

Go karts going. Last day Sept 4
Dragon roundabout going
Big log flume going

The area directly behind the go kart track has been cleared. Hoarding has gone across the grassy area behind Dragon roundabout and Sky Swinger. Based on this I feel Seal Falls and diggers will move or go completely.

Cobra and Magma to be re themed to fit Vikings. Both rides available next year. Nothing said about Edge. In all it looks like is going to be BIG. Not sure by your plot measurements how it compares size wise to Tornado Springs but potentially from the back bit behind the karts, potentially all the way to the log flume ground and encompassing Cobra ground.
Wow, that is practically the entire left side of the park except for Lost Kingdom from what is being said 😱

That is going to be a huge spot of land with loads of rides or at least one huge one by the looks of it.

I'd be really massively overjoyed if we found a large Log Flume and a Rapids coming in the same season, one can dream 💭😴😊

Surprised the go karts have lasted as long as they have to be honest. That whole side of the park definitely feels like 'old Paulton's' since they've been investing and adding new areas around the rest of the park.

I'm currently at Efteling for the first time and it feels like another world compared to the UK theme parks.... with the notable exception of Paultons. Not in terms of ride quality but the presentation. If they really are going all in with some signature rides, we could once again have a world class theme park in the UK.

What about a small version of a B&M Hyper, like in one of the Asian Universal parks? That could be a cool fit to the park, right? A signature-ish ride but still rideable by the younger audience.

Thanks @Telc2015 for the pictures, well this just gets more and more interesting.

Here is a little markup on the areas.
🔴 planning application areas
🟢 flume for sale area
🔵 go cart area
🟡 linking areas together

View attachment 32626

For an idea of the size roughly.
-Tornado springs was around 15500M²
-🔴 17000M²
-🔵🟡🟢 also around 17000M²
-So all four colours 34000M²

The yellow area is just me linking all the areas together, The red area will most likely see the next new land but seeing these new developments round the go-karts and flume do make me wonder what are they planning.

Taking this as a guide, what does this amount of space actually mean for a coaster/ride? Is there a database of which rides take up what amount of space? Which current best rides would/could fit here? This would be for comparison purposes, obviously, as I'm sure everyone will have their 'wish list'.
Exciting times ahead for Paultons.

In terms of height, I'm definitely thinking around 30m/100ft. The length of the area is very like a Mack Mega Lite (specifically Alpina Blitz), both north-south and east-west. Something like Juvelen is also a similar footprint.

I suspect there will be at least two rides somewhat intertwined. For some reason I keep imagining a GCI hybrid with Titan Track. If it had two or three launches, that could explain how the area available seems much bigger than the likely height of the coaster.

Taking this as a guide, what does this amount of space actually mean for a coaster/ride? Is there a database of which rides take up what amount of space? Which current best rides would/could fit here? This would be for comparison purposes, obviously, as I'm sure everyone will have their 'wish list'.
Exciting times ahead for Paultons.

I'm not sure on a database but just find a coaster/ride on google maps do a rough measure and see, for instance you could easily fit two Stunt Pilot Raptors in the whole space.

If the whole space were to be used just for Vikings its massive, I'm thinking this could be a two part expansion if just one land or maybe it will be two separate lands and they are just planning ahead, they could do another Lost Kingdom expansion, whatever they are doing its big.

One issues is I think the park would not be able to/want to build over 30 meters, so far their tallest rides top out at 25 meters and while it looks like they can build a 30 meter high 5g tower one thing brought up was it going over tree height and its visual impact.

Personally I would want a custom multi launch, not world class but just a solid coaster, maybe it has a switch or drop track, for the make Gurstlauer, Intamin, Vekoma, even Zierer could work, stick one nice inversion in the layout and some floater air moments, get the lowest possible height requirement so the most amount of people can get on it and I would be happy.

Also if another coaster is coming that's 8, if you had told me 10 years ago Paultons would have that many I would never have believed you.

Last edited:
In terms of height, I'm definitely thinking around 30m/100ft. The length of the area is very like a Mack Mega Lite (specifically Alpina Blitz), both north-south and east-west. Something like Juvelen is also a similar footprint.

I suspect there will be at least two rides somewhat intertwined. For some reason I keep imagining a GCI hybrid with Titan Track. If it had two or three launches, that could explain how the area available seems much bigger than the likely height of the coaster.
I believe it's going to be a coaster and a water ride intertwined as Raging River is going.