What's new

Music Recommendations

Topics Unstuck
As part of an attempt to make the forums a little more diverse and interesting, we've unstuck the "collective" topics.

Feel free to keep using them, but also feel free to post individual topics if you think they will be of particular interest to other users.

For instance, a big film like Star Trek probably deserves its own topic, rather being lumped with the Films topic.

It's just a case of using a bit of common sense, and making the topics interesting.

The big topics are still around for the trivialities, but we'd like people to make more use of their brains and personalities (big mistake, I know :p ).

Nah, I'll just issue bans to people who should know better! :p

Almost said:
robbeal said:
^So if i'm listening to half that list, then what? Especially since i've had some Cut Copy for about 4 years.

You've always had a good music taste. I'm sure you're listening to good stuff.

Thanks for the respect. It'd be nice to see it evenly distributed though.

..and of course I have good taste in music :p

robbeal said:
Almost said:
robbeal said:
^So if i'm listening to half that list, then what? Especially since i've had some Cut Copy for about 4 years.

You've always had a good music taste. I'm sure you're listening to good stuff.

Thanks for the respect. It'd be nice to see it evenly distributed though.

..and of course I have good taste in music :p

I definitely remember you recc'ing some good stuff way back when. My music taste vastly changed thank god. No more Aiden and Silverstein for me.

Lain said:
Yeah man. People who listen to bands that people have actually heard of are sooooo lame.

People who listen to crappy metal are sooooo lame, yeah.

Crappy metal like Alestrom, yes.

Anyway might of been mentioned but UK band Architects are amazing.

Dam yoooou! I was going to post the youmetatsix new song! I cant believe they are re-releasing their album with 3 new songs! Twats!

phoenix_wolfgangamadeus.jpg

Phoenix.

Awesome French band. I've been spinning their new CD for a few weeks and its so damn catchy.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BJDNw7o6so[/youtube]

Mit deLuxe said:
Dam yoooou! I was going to post the youmetatsix new song! I cant believe they are re-releasing their album with 3 new songs! Twats!

Yeah, It is really annoying. I didn't see the hype at first but ended up bying the album to see what the fuss was about and I haven't been so addicted to an album since the first Panic! @ The Disco album.

I am going to have to by the re-release because I already want new material. I play Take Off Your Colours probably every other day. Bloody pop infected rock songs.

Youmeatsix are not new! Lol, another local band from my area who have made it big, I've seen them a few times at my local venues.

And yes Dave, Architects ARE amazing.

nadroJ said:
And yes Dave, Architects ARE amazing.

I swear I remember seeing them on a bill down sawrrf when they were a random band.

Oh btw Emperor Live at Wacken set is mint!

I've waited 5 years for Green Day: 21st Century Breakdown and I feel slightly out done by. I knew it wouldn't match up to American Idiot, arguably the best album of the 00s in my opinion, but I didn't expect it to be this poor.

I can say I only like around 4 songs on it, most notably 21 Guns, but I suspect some others will grow on me.

A disappointing 7/10

Wait, what, American Idiot was good? ;)

Thats the problem with big bands that have had their heydey, should call it quits and just do reunion tours, as it dosen't always workout *looks at Metalica*

lololololololololol

I used to love Green Day. And after that disgrace of an album American Idiot I don't even want to listen to the new one.