What's new

"Mumbo Jumbo" - S&S El Loco for Flamingo Land

Jools

Giga Poster
HarryBoyy said:
It looks very good and i like the idea of a 112 degree drop but i feel sorry for thorpe because they tried so hard and now it has just gone for them. :(

To be honest, I don't think Thorpe made much effort with the rie, I think it was the name and theme they were trying to win with, plus Steel Hawg had the REAL record anyway.

Rush

Giga Poster
Jools said:
HarryBoyy said:
It looks very good and i like the idea of a 112 degree drop but i feel sorry for thorpe because they tried so hard and now it has just gone for them. :(

To be honest, I don't think Thorpe made much effort with the rie, I think it was the name and theme they were trying to win with, plus Steel Hawg had the REAL record anyway.

Sorry, did you miss the teasers? Have you seen or been on the ride in person? You haven't? You might not have liked what they have done but you can't deny that effort was put in advertising the ride, the theming and the overall ride experience, even if the finished product didn't live up to the expectations. Oh but you haven't been on it either, so maybe you shouldn't comment on Thorpe's effort until you're at least standing in front of the ride.

So back on topic then. I do prefer the black supports and orange colour scheme on Steel Hawg, the orange makes it stand out but when you consider that all of Flamingoland's other coasters have bright colours then it negates the effect.

It's definitely one of the strangest coasters we have over here but I look forward to riding it possibly next year once I learn to drive. =)

Jools

Giga Poster
My sister has been on it (AmandaPanda) and said
"It seems liek they have concentraited on the theme more than the ride itself", so don't have a go at me :(

EDIT: And okay, I didn't mean the RIDE, I meant they chose a eurofighter and it has quite a short layout, so, I don't know, I just...

FAIL

BUT! I have stood infront of the ride.

coastermac

Roller Poster
Is it confirmed for opening on the 3rd of June? Because I was fairly sure it was July? That would be pretty cool :)

Pierre

Strata Poster
Rush, I think what Jools meant was Thorpe didn't actually focus too much on the angle of the drop on the ride, and more on the theme of the ride, with it being Saw and the worlds first "horror-themed" rollercoaster, which can't be denied (and also looks a mighty good theme/experience)... so wind your fanboy neck right in mate.

Coastermac, public opening is 3rd July.

A

Anonymous

This can only be good.

All Flamingo Land really need to do now is improve the visual quality of the rest of their park, which kind of looks like a run-down fairground, and they've got something pretty special.

Rush

Giga Poster
Pierre said:
Rush, I think what Jools meant was Thorpe didn't actually focus too much on the angle of the drop on the ride, and more on the theme of the ride, with it being Saw and the worlds first "horror-themed" rollercoaster, which can't be denied (and also looks a mighty good theme/experience)... so wind your fanboy neck right in mate.

Coastermac, public opening is 3rd July.

I'm far from a Saw fanboy Pierre and the reason I had a go at Jools was because of what he said about Thorpe not making an effort which as I said they did with the theme and experience which is what you agree with. I then said that he shouldn't have a right to slate the ride when he hasn't been on it but I said it in a more agressive way as he seemed to wanted an excuse to 'bash Thorpe' for something good they have produced.

You can't also judge from a ride experience from what someone has told you even if it is a member of a family. This:

Jools said:
EDIT: And okay, I didn't mean the RIDE, I meant they chose a eurofighter and it has quite a short layout, so, I don't know, I just...

FAIL

.. isn't a justifiable reason to say they put no effort in. Hence the agressive response.

Jake

Strata Poster
^ Please, please shut up. You're BLATEZ a fanboy.

Anyway, it's nice to see the progress of MJ, so thanks for the photos everyone! This is actually one of the coasters I'm most looking forward to this year, just because it's so weird. I'm not saying it'll make FlamingoLand good, because it won't, but it'll be interesting to ride at least, even if it's horrid.

coastermac

Roller Poster
^Does now?

Do you think they'll do a preview day for season pass holders, like Thorpe did for saw? There pretty vague on there website. 'Early July' being the opening date. :(

Ollie

CF Legend
Looks nice.
Some of the photos the supports look a mess but on others they look great. I guess it's one of those rides that only look good from certain angles.
Still loving the colours though and can't wait to ride it. :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
coastermac said:
Do you think they'll do a preview day for season pass holders, like Thorpe did for saw? There pretty vague on there website. 'Early July' being the opening date. :(

No, I don't think they will. Opening date is 3rd July although I've been informed that there is a possibility of a few soft openings before....just sheer luck if you get to the park and it's open.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Ollie said:
The link won't work.

coastermac said:
^Does now?

That's odd because i've not edited it.

I really like the colour scheme too, even though it seems to be quite disliked on that Ride Guide thread. I think this looks fantastic, bring on August 3rd!

Rush

Giga Poster
Jake said:
^ Please, please shut up. You're BLATEZ a fanboy.

I'm going to shut up about it once I let you know that I am in no way a fanboy of Thorpe nor Saw, just another ride there. You're 'blatez' jumping to conclusions just because I go there a lot and because I'm sticking up for the place. Please.

Getting that out the way, I'm still not a fan of the support colours. Far too garish and similar to the Wild Mouse. Even the crane working on the ride appears to be coloured with Flamingoland's liveries! :lol:

I am so looking forward to testing videos and can't wait to see the pacing of this thing. Only problem I can see are those horrible shoulder bars which I reckon might be uncomfortable for the type of ride it is. Sure looks to be a really abnormal experience though. :)

Inverse

Hyper Poster
^ those shoulder bars are needed for the ride to be able to do the things it does. They hold everyone down in their seat so that the inversions can be longer and slower.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Never knew the drop would be plagued with trims, and it really doesn't look anything special to be honest, probably wont feel no different to a Euro Fighter drop.

Glad they've got on with things though, so it should make the opening date!

Ali

Mega Poster
I will try and get there for the opening, does anybody what queue's to expect? If anybody went to the Kumali openening then can you remember how long they were because I am assuming they will be roughly the same. Cheers. :)

A

Anonymous

I think Mumbo Jumbo is looking great, even though you only experience 3.5 geforce and 30mph, in my opinion, it will still be great