What's new

"Mumbo Jumbo" - S&S El Loco for Flamingo Land

Pierre

Strata Poster
It has been confirmed by RideGuide that Flamingo Land are planning to install an S&S El Loco for 2009.

With there currently only being one in the world this is an exciting addition for the resort, and I'm sure one many of you wouldn't want to miss, especially with the ride having an INSANE 112 degree drop (haha take that Saw)!

The coaster has also appeared on rcdb.com as a confirmed addition for 2009.

I'm interested to see the layout for this one after seeing Steel Hawgs.

Sources ;
RideGuide : http://forum.ride-guide.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=849
RCDB : http://www.rcdb.com/id4308.htm

Oh and edit : 4 coasters in 5 years for Flamingo Land now!

Ben

CF Legend
I LOVE IT.

125 degree drop?

FLAMINGOLAND IS THE BEST.

Hahahahaha.

Seriously. Made. My. Day.

Silly Thorpe.

I think they look crap, BUT, I did want to try one, so yay! Probably be the best coaster of 09 in England, so yay!

Sad he now has to go again though.

spicy

Giga Poster
125 degrees? Thats insane.

Should be a good addition, and has ruined Thorpe's 'Most Vertical drop blah blah'

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I think it looks awful, but it makes me LOL it'll have a bigger angled drop than SAW and is announced the same day Thorpe announce their world record breaker :lol:

So I've left it as an announcement to try and get people to notice it above the Thorpe coaster :)

peep

CF Legend
Ok, thats probably the most amusing announcement since they decided to theme Thorpe's coaster on a dying film franchise....and its all in one day :D

It will be interesting to see some layout pics etc. Although, as Ben mentioned, means another trip to Flamingoland :(

Emmett

Giga Poster
Wow they kept this well hidden. These must fly up during construction as I'm guessing they probably haven't started yet.

Respect to Flamingoland for releasing this on the same day as Saw. They will really have a decent line up after this is installed.

Smithy

Strata Poster
It's not wooden, so I'm not going back there for it.

And although within enthusiast circles this will seem like a bit of a limelight-hogging move, they both don't really advertise in each others areas, so to speak, so for the GP, it probably won't affect them at all.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Heres a quick overview of Indiana Beach's for anyone who hasn't seen the ride...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgmHJP1oFEE[/youtube]

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Nice! I was hoping England would get one of these. Steel Hawg looks pretty good.

I just hope it's not a replica of Hawg, it would be nice to see a different layout. Maybe with new elements?

Comet

Roller Poster
Has anybody ridden or heard any reviews on Steel Hawg?
To be honest I completely forgot about it after it opened and I saw the layout.

Seems like it could be rough on the shoulders so I was just wondering.
And has anyone even heard anything about the Screamin' Squirrels for that matter?

Snoo

The Legend
I've seen good/bad reviews.. like every coaster.

To be honest, it really did drop off the radar once it opened.

NickkyG

Mega Poster
Watching that video makes it look so fun/exciting!

Is it as smooth as it looks, and what is the 'outward' banked corner like?

Mark

Strata Poster
Ironically that was the bit that most struck me. I am loving the look of the oddly banked corner. It'll be interesting to see what that is like!

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
^ Yeah, at least these things do something.

This is a good project to see... I really hope they do something different then Indy's just for the sake of seeing some more potential in the design. There's a lot this kind of thing can do. I'll be looking forward to the layout pictures.

marc

CF Legend
Lol so Thorpe were beaten on the same day.

Its a good addition to Flamingo Land and its great they have gone for something different.

It is a shame this topic probably wont get as many posts as the Thorpe topic. This coaster will probably be more thrilling and its the the 1st in the UK.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I think the coaster looks awful, but it's a nice - small footprint - addition, and a cheap way for Flamingoland to improve their line up. So nice one.

I just love the way they immediately get one up on Thorpe - I hope Thorpe don't advertise too heavily the fact they have the steepest drop :lol:

Yeah, ridewise, it looks painful though. Shoulder achingly bad, but we'll see :)

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
If Thorpe start advertising 'the steepest drop in the UK', I think 3 parks will put in complaints, including Flamingo =D

This ride looks sweeeeeeet! Especialy that out banked corner, should be strange riding that! So yayness to Flammy!