What's new

"Mumbo Jumbo" - S&S El Loco for Flamingo Land

Dave

CF Legend
Well this has less track than a Gerstlauer and also its working on a support tower, so thats why ;)

Dave

CF Legend
Jools said:
Yes but isn't Gerstlauer known to put rides up fastest?

Yes because of the simplicty of the build. But this ride has even less track than a Gerstlauer. Look at Saw, which is longer and has a wider track footprint, while MJ has a tiny footprint, and once the full tower is complete it'll shoot up at a fast rate because all the supports are ready to recieve track.

Plus its up to the contractor for the park and manufacturer to get it done in the time they are set.

marc

CF Legend
3 weeks for Rage I think it was once the track was onsite maybe even less than that.

I have to be honest I really dont like the color of it.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Those supports and the track attachments just remind me of the supports on CoasterDynamix models! Looks impressive, especially considering how small it's footprint is.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
New Flamingo Land TV video.

Link

Some stats to come out of that Q&A are it'll run at approx 30mph and pull upto 3.5g. I thought the guy on the video was good, not giving it "the worlds greatest" stuff. He talked sensibly about the ride.

coastermac

Roller Poster
It's been like Two weeks since we had a photo update, ans since this coaster is going up quick, was wondering if anyone is going anytime soon? :)

Martyn B

CF Legend
I like Flamingoland, its 'enjoyable', but, I'll never be able to take the park seriously when they give their rides these ridiculous colour schemes, along with ridiculously hidious names. All the rides are just so bright, and in your face.

Have they painted the Wild Mouse the same colours as this? Looks like it in this picture:

img8371.jpg

I was up Skeggy the other day, and saw a Flamingoland advert on the telly, for some reason the 2 coasters the ad featured were Corkscrew and The Bullet...?!?

Emmett

Giga Poster
Martyn B said:
Have they painted the Wild Mouse the same colours as this? Looks like it in thic picture:

Nah, its still the same colour scheme as it had back at the start of 2008 when I visited. I don't know when it received that new colour scheme though.

I'm really looking forward to MJ as I hope it will make me like Flamingoland a bit more because the only coaster which is any good is Velocity at the moment.

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
It looks very good and i like the idea of a 112 degree drop but i feel sorry for thorpe because they tried so hard and now it has just gone for them. :(