What's new

"Mumbo Jumbo" - S&S El Loco for Flamingo Land

Rach

Giga Poster
We have cars and testing began over the weekend.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGb83N76ttw[/youtube]

img9001.jpg

Picture from Ride Guide - http://www.forum.ride-guide.co.uk/viewt ... &start=345

jokerman

Giga Poster
I take it that the lift hill is testing slowly.

Also, I hope that the MCBRs don't slow it down as much as it looks like, or it's gonna take those elements way too slowly.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Fantastic, thanks for that link.

I'm assuming that it'll be faster than that once testing has been finished.

Jools

Giga Poster
jokerman said:
I take it that the lift hill is testing slowly.

Also, I hope that the MCBRs don't slow it down as much as it looks like, or it's gonna take those elements way too slowly.

They always do it now, they done it with Hollywood Rip, Rocket ride.

Ollie

CF Legend
Looks like it won't be anything amazing but it'll be cool to see what those inversions ride like. :)

Ali

Mega Poster
I thought it looked quite good, slow, but that might cause a lot of intensity in the loops, I'm thinking lots of mixed opinions. Lol. Their reactions on the video were so Northern :lol:.

Funky Monk

Roller Poster
Well it looks like something different. I look forward to riding it sometime in the summer.

Can anybody compare the speed of this to the speed of Steel Hawg to try to tell us if this is the top speed the ride will reach?

Ben

CF Legend
^That's running about 49 seconds from top of lift to brakes, Steel Hawg is about 40, so, I think it should speed up a tad...

Funky Monk

Roller Poster
^Thanks.

I've just found out that my cousin should be a ride op on this when it opens. She says she'll be test riding it before it opens, so hopefully I can get a few opinions from her beforehand.

jacoaster

Roller Poster
Here is a much better quality video of the ride, including POV footage!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43VWcqBE53o[/youtube]

I presume this is it's full speed now.

Lofty

CF Legend
Great find, Well yeah it isn't a coaster that is built for its speed though is it? Its much more for its hang time and its steep drop!

Its looking great never-the-less, I'll definitely be riding it soon!

Ollie

CF Legend
Looks good fun. Bit short so if I don't make such a big deal out of it then it shouldn't be disappointing.
That lift hill is pretty fast now though.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Yeah I'm liking the look of this now, its looks pretty impressive and I'm looking forward to riding it sometime after it opens.

It really flies up that lift hill.

costar

Mega Poster
So, this ride is all about being the steepest drop etc. and we are told that the name is a reference to other park's "mumbo jumbo" claims about their rides..

So what is the official line on this ride (below)?

Fair enough, the standard Screaming Squirrel doesn't really have a drop but surely you have to say that the Russians have it here?

p20972.jpg

jokerman

Giga Poster
I think it has to do with the brakes. It migt just be me, but it looks like there are brakes controlling the speed down that drop, so it doesn't count (apparently).

Ben

CF Legend
^Yeah, I think that's it. And then Flamingoland are all "WELLZ, our brakes only cover about 70% of the drop LOLZ"

I still think it looks crappy and gimmicky...