What's new

"Mumbo Jumbo" - S&S El Loco for Flamingo Land

Slacky

Mega Poster
I'm just it's the closest park to me. Yay! thank you FP, I love you and zoo with sleepy invisible lions.

coastermac

Roller Poster
Has anyone heard anything more about this yet? Info's kinda dried up a little.
Are there any photos of construction anywhere? Just curious.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think the logo is quite suitable tbh.

Has anybody who has played Banjop-Kazooie on the N64 made the connection yet...?

NickkyG

Mega Poster
Ian said:
I think the logo is quite suitable tbh.

Has anybody who has played Banjop-Kazooie on the N64 made the connection yet...?

The little guys on the logo even have a magic mumbo skull stick!

Ben

CF Legend
Ian said:

YES!

that game was all sorts of win. Gruntilda <3. She was SO the Wicked Witch of the West. I miss my N64. Who wants to fine me one ¬¬. eBay annoys me too much.

I like the logo too, it's 'fun', like I think this coaster will be.

Funky Monk

Roller Poster
I love that logo! It reflects the ride really; fun, not taking itself too seriously.

I'm still struggling to visualise it where tidal wave was though. I guess it will extend he Kumali Africa style area (well that's what I make from the logo).

I'm really looking forward to riding this, after all it is my home park, so i should get it done this year. I could even just get the bus there!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
PRESS RELEASE

‘World Record breaking rollercoaster comes to the UK’

Flamingo Land in North Yorkshire has revealed its new rollercoaster concept for the 2009 season and, it’s a world’s first! The ride; named ‘Mumbo Jumbo’, will feature the most extreme drop in history plunging thrill seekers112o from a high point of 30 metres generating in excess of 4Gs on it’s passengers.

Owner Gordon Gibb said: “It is exciting for a relatively small family business like Flamingo Land to be punching well above its weight. The manufacturer (S&S) are legendary within the industry and Mumbo Jumbo looks set to become a National icon, we are all very excited!”

In explanation of the ride’s strange name, it was revealed that Mumbo Jumbo is a ‘tongue in cheek’ description of how other theme parks boast about their new rides and attractions, but Flamingo Land insist their new addition is the real deal. Mumbo Jumbo will be opened by Guinness World Records in July 2009 when it is expected that the world record breaking achievement will be officially recognised. Andrea Banfi of Guinness World Records revealed; ‘We will be in attendance at the opening of Flamingo Land’s new rollercoaster and look forward to this new Guinness World Records™ record in the steepest roller coaster made from steel category’.

Mumbo Jumbo will cost in excess of £4 million and will be Flamingo Land’s eighth rollercoaster. The North Yorkshire operation also has an exotic and endangered animal collection explaining the Company Logo ‘Wild Animals, Wilder Rides’

Flamingo Land Resort
Kirby Misperton, Malton, North Yorkshire, YO17 6UX
www.flamingoland.co.uk

And the logo for you:
mumbojumbo1ab6.jpg

Must be good news if the Guinnes WR Team are going to be there!

Mike T

Mega Poster
Well after Andrea Banfi of Guinness World Records visits Flamingo Land, she better be on a plane to Indiana to record Steel Hawgs drop... a whole 8 degrees steeper...

Seriously who the hell writes this crap? That'd be like giving the title to Millennium Force back in 2000 full knowing that Oblivion's drop was *shock* a whole 8 degrees steeper. If Gordon Gibb want's to talk about being the real deal, how about not pretending his ride is something that it obviously didn't achieve...

Pierre

Strata Poster
Its been quoted as 112 degrees in one video by an operations manager... they're still marketing it as the worlds steepest drop on a rollercoaster everywhere else so it could have been an incorrect quote?? And as far I'm aware Flamingo Lands marketing dept hasn't taken a leaf out of PBB's Marketing dept, before anyone else says it.

I'm not saying its 100% 125degrees but its not 100% 112 either.

Mike T

Mega Poster
Ian said:
PRESS RELEASE

‘World Record breaking rollercoaster comes to the UK’

Flamingo Land in North Yorkshire has revealed its new rollercoaster concept for the 2009 season and, it’s a world’s first! The ride; named ‘Mumbo Jumbo’, will feature the most extreme drop in history plunging thrill seekers112o from a high point of 30 metres generating in excess of 4Gs on it’s passengers.

Owner Gordon Gibb said: “It is exciting for a relatively small family business like Flamingo Land to be punching well above its weight. The manufacturer (S&S) are legendary within the industry and Mumbo Jumbo looks set to become a National icon, we are all very excited!”

In explanation of the ride’s strange name, it was revealed that Mumbo Jumbo is a ‘tongue in cheek’ description of how other theme parks boast about their new rides and attractions, but Flamingo Land insist their new addition is the real deal. Mumbo Jumbo will be opened by Guinness World Records in July 2009 when it is expected that the world record breaking achievement will be officially recognised. Andrea Banfi of Guinness World Records revealed; ‘We will be in attendance at the opening of Flamingo Land’s new rollercoaster and look forward to this new Guinness World Records™ record in the steepest roller coaster made from steel category’.

Mumbo Jumbo will cost in excess of £4 million and will be Flamingo Land’s eighth rollercoaster. The North Yorkshire operation also has an exotic and endangered animal collection explaining the Company Logo ‘Wild Animals, Wilder Rides’

Flamingo Land Resort
Kirby Misperton, Malton, North Yorkshire, YO17 6UX
www.flamingoland.co.uk

And the logo for you:
mumbojumbo1ab6.jpg

Must be good news if the Guinnes WR Team are going to be there!

Read the press release Ian posted Pierre. It's listed clear as crystal in it...