What's new

"Mumbo Jumbo" - S&S El Loco for Flamingo Land

marc

CF Legend
I had no problem on the 1 time I have managed to go on slammer. But tbh I was thinking more of the ride at the time than the restraints but I dont recall a problem with them.

Ali

Mega Poster
flamingoland seems to have been really going for it in the last 4-5 years, with the addition of velocity, kumali, flip flop and now mumbo jumbo it is fast becoming a must go to park in the UK. Keep it up:D

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
First look at the cars.

NPNTue7.jpg

I think they look incredible.

Ollie

CF Legend
^Does for me. But it's not a link. It appears on the page with the tags. :)
The cars look [pretty cool.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Why is this topic destickified?

And I can't see the trains either. Help anyone?

Rach

Giga Poster
dsc08809_102.jpg

Image taken from here

I'm sure that this isn't the first time I've seen these cars. I have a picture in the October Newsletter of the same cars.

I like the look of them anyway.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I can't see the trains either. There isn't anything there for me.

As for the topic stickiness, I don't know. Was it Stickied after the Announcement was taken off, or has someone removed the Sticky.

I can't edit the topic and change it, but it'll get done in due course.

EDIT: Cheers Rach!

Emmett

Giga Poster
So they are the same cars that Mackem Lad posted back in October. They look pretty good, like a mini Oblivion with the same colours. I would just be a bit apprehensive regarding those restraints.

Still looking forward to seeing the construction for it.

A

Anonymous

Those trains looks like they have an inverted colour scheme compared to those on Steel Hawg.

I have to say that that train looks a bit better then the ones on Steel Hawg, more black just looks a bit more clean.

Lofty

CF Legend
Loving the trains, so basically they are the exact same with only a tiny change to the colour scheme lol!

I'm more interested about the colour of the actual track and supports. Also, the layout, I think that's gunna be a good indication of if its gunna ride as fun as it looks!

A

Anonymous

Hmm, I dunno what bothers you guys with the S&S restraints...
I think they are the same on all rides, and I really liked the ones on Sequoia Adventure. The hangtime on that thing is insane, and the restraints did a pretty good job IMO...

Oh, and, yeah, the drops on SA are totally trimmed, but so will be the one on Mumbo Jumbo...
And so is the one on Steel Hawg and on Afterburner (the other Screaming Squirrel model)

spicy

Giga Poster
Oh didn't know it had the same restraints as Slammer, I dunno if thats a good thing because if you pull that shoulder restraint down a little too much it could make for a painful ride.

The colours are cool though.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Flip Flop last year, now Mumbo Jumbo? They really are running out names! :lol:

Has there been any news on the layout?

When I briefly checked this out last month, I thought yuk, looks tacky and crap, kind of the opposite of where I thought FL were heading, but now I've looked a bit closer, I like a lot!

I for one hope they do get a clone of Steel Hawg, I think it looks so awsome, especially that final inversion, the down hill twist.

Though clearly it is not, I think this coaster, or coaster type looks like a coaster made for entusiasts, full of loads of wacky inversions and elements that geeks like us are going mad about. None of them fancy elements, apart from the drop will catch the publics eye, yet its the opposite for us, well for me anyway.

Is this coaster replacing another?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's replacing the crap swinging ride thing - Tidal Wave I think it was called.

A

Anonymous

^^ According to the discussion on the ECC mailing list then it will be a clone of Steel Hawg, which in my opinion looks better then the concept video.

A

Anonymous

Mumbo jumbo

125 degree drop! wow!

What other features does it have?