What's new

"Mumbo Jumbo" - S&S El Loco for Flamingo Land

costar

Mega Poster
As people have said earlier. Look up Steel Hawg - this ride will be a near-clone.

About the restraints, you might complain about them (I didn't have a problem personally, but then I've only rode Slammer once) but they are easy to sell. From a safety point of view they must be one of the most advanced out there. Having fixed over-the-shoulder restraints is just a joke when you let riders of around ~1.2m tall on your rides. How many times have you seen the little kid who's head isn't even up to the level of the horse collar bit, let alone his shoulders. I hate to say it but the mighty B&M are the worst offenders.. small kids can easily duck their heads completely under the shoulder bit. They are totally relying on the lap compression. S&S have addressed this nicely so that everyone is equally as safe.

Helps me sleep at night anyway.

A

Anonymous

I am rather excited for this now, will be great addition to the park.

The ride will be basically the same layout but 125 degree drop and aint the ride 120ft tall? :--D

Pierre

Strata Poster
Not sure about the height, but the letter I got asking to renew my season pass states the 125degree drop.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Scrap that... heres the man himself, Nick Buckley, saying its going to be 112 degrees... but still stating its steeper than Steel Hawg?! :?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMYgYRsKY8g[/youtube]

coastermac

Roller Poster
Great! Now where did where did we get 125 degrees from in the first place? I'm not entirely impressed by the layout but I'm sure it'll still pack-a-punch.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Looking at that video, I'm impressed with the way they've turned the outward banked corner into a full blown inversion on this coaster, rather than just making it a weird (and potentially uncomfortable) gimmick as it appears to be on Steel Hawg.

I've been looking forward to this one for a while now, as it looks to be a very unique ride experience, and if that layout video is accurate, it looks like Flamingo Land could be on track for a winner here.

Ben

CF Legend
In the video though it looks a lot steeper than 112 degrees...

It would be weird for him to get that wrong, but...?

I still think it looks brutal and horrid, lol. Is it going to have one of those cool downwards inlines like Steel Hawg does? I see a 'normal' one, but no cool downward one, which looks to be the best part of Hawg by a mile.

A

Anonymous

The layout in the video is very wrong, and very old.

They also used it when they where adverstin Steel Hawg, and see how Steel Hawg looks now?

So dont allways trust the advertments or pure NoLimits animations...

I personaly can't wait to see the official layout, and to see it go vertical. I love the look of Steel Hawg, and it looks really BIG in person, as i was at Indiana Beach a couble of weeks before it opened.

The man in the video also says that it will open in july first, so long time to wait yet...

Lofty

CF Legend
I think the video was just there to show what the ride is capable of!

The layout is meant to be a replica of Steel Hawg, but obviously scaled up dueto the height difference.

Rob

Mega Poster
^ No, not really. There quite the opposite of Slammer though, it's far more comfortable to be stapled than to be loose in the shoulder pads or your head gets thrown around. So, moral of the story, allow yourself to be stapled on this type of ride.

My experience is from a screamin' squirrel.

A

Anonymous

this ride looks quite interesting, good on flamingoland :--D

Martyn B

CF Legend
Just as long as it has the downhill inline twist, I'm happy.

I wouldn't pay attention to the layout in that video. If they can make that outward banked turn fully 90 degreees, why didn't they on SH!

Ali

Mega Poster
this ride is really gonna put flamingoland on the map for the fanboys of alton and drayton :)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
kingatoro said:
this ride is really gonna put flamingoland on the map for the fanboys of alton and drayton :)

It isn't.

It's a filler ride... A good filler ride, but a filler all the same.

It does increase the coaster count at Flamingoland though, which it needs. However, they do have a lot of mediocre coasters. It's great for the park, and just right for them, and their audience and their expansion plans. It doesn't put them close to the Tussauds parks though (well, it's obviously better than Thorpe, but I'm talking about a magical imaginary Thorpe where the rides work say :: )

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Being one of only 2 in the world, even if it is a small ride, it has that as a gimmick which already puts it above most other filler rides...