What's new

Monster, Rel. B&M Invert (Walygator Park)

All Track pieces are on site .

7025_160001524297_678179297_2533791_1729040_n.jpg

Credit from JOJO on a French Board !

Thought I'd ask, but after a look around online, is there actually any update on this ride yet? I mean like, have they started actually building it?

Can't understand a word of french, but it looks somewhat, rusty.. Should be good to see construction soon though.

Well I'm not sure if they've been repainted, as they are quite close to Switzerland so I'm sure it won't take much to transport the pieces.

The pictures show the original paint job it had when it was at Expoland. I would seriously expect it to be getting a repaint, though I'm personally one of the few people who LOVED the original colour scheme on Orochi.

Yeah, the pics at RCDB never really showed off the lovely Pepto Bismol shade very well.

The trains horribly clashed with the track, too: Black with red, yellow or blue restraints. (Three trains, IIRC but without the MCBR, could only run two at a time.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0jLYeI2eeI&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
If anybody is any good in frensch this video might be helpful! If not, you can at least see how work are moving on at the construction site and some random frensch dude talking, probably a manager or something..

Yeah, also lets hope the casing is going to be ala Duelling Dragons, not Nemesis.

Just looked into the location of this park, and its not as far into France as I thought. Only a few main roads straight from Calais. Could make a weekend trip with Walibi Belgium!

My French is a bit shakey but I did pick up "between 2 and 3 million Euros". They also seemed to say there will be 3 months of construction/testing after the foundations are in. I definitely also heard.. "ouverture" & "printemps" which means it's opening in spring. So they look to be targetting start of season.

I think this could be a very good buy for Walygator. The price seems reasonable too. It's a bit like when a small local sports team buys an ex-world-class player for just a few years of quality service. I hope it works out like that anyway!

Martyn B said:
Just looked into the location of this park, and its not as far into France as I thought. Only a few main roads straight from Calais.

It's 4 hours from Calais, that's equivalent of London to Blackpool, roughly, quite a trek.

^ 4 hours if you stick to the speed limit :p

"between 2 and 3 million Euros".

Wait, that surely cannot be right? When the pound was at its very weakest that would have cost £3m... Jeez, thats cheap!

Martyn B said:
"between 2 and 3 million Euros".

Wait, that surely cannot be right? When the pound was at its very weakest that would have cost £3m... Jeez, thats cheap!
Well it sounded like between 12 and 13 Million to me, but then again I'm not particularly renowned for my French skills :p

Well, you've outskilled me because you're right.. it was between €12m and €13m. I was being a plank.

So actually I take it all back. It isn't that good of a deal at all and it isn't like getting a bargain on a great sportsman in their twilight. Unless we are talking about Man United buying Veron for £28 million.

According to rcdb, the original Raptor would have cost around 8 million Euros (I accept that was a long time ago) so I think Walygator are paying over the odds for used goods here.

Let's hope it's not an expensive flop. Like Veron.