What's new

Monster, Rel. B&M Invert (Walygator Park)

loefet said:
When I rode it in 2007 then there were no brakes at all on the MCBR, just that straight piece of track.

orochi.jpg

See.

But I agree with you that they really need to repaint it.

Oh wow! They took it out then. It must have broken and they didn't know how to fix it.
;)

Walygator Parc is holding a voting contest for Orochi's new name.

The choices are "The Phantom Train" and "The Night Coaster" (in their French equivalent)

Not very intriguing names, but might as well vote.

http://www.walygatorparc.com/

The poll is in the bottom left of the page.

I prefer the French "Le Train Fantôme". "Le Night Coaster" just sounds like a really, really, really crap attempt by an English person to make an RCT coaster sound French.

In...tu..i..tive...

Le Night Coaster?
Le Train Fantôme?

Sounds like it's taken straight from a children's book. I can't say TusenFryd are the best around either, but this has to be worst naming in Europe.

At least, the names suggest that the coaster won't be pink anymore. But if they kept the colours, it wouldn't surprise me. It's France, after all.

I voted for Phantom Train.

Cause in FFVI there is a boss called that <3

Also I never knew the MCBR wasn't there. Was it built like that or taken out?

I'm assuming the latter since most of the other stuff for it is there.

^ Taken out.

Raptor still has its MCBR installed but does not trim the trains going through, so removing the MCBR with Orochi is somewhat validated.

Wow, this is really big news for a small park! This is one of the parks owned by Compagnie des Alpes isn't it?

And sorry for being slow on the news, but did Expodland really close because of that accident on the Togo Coaster?

Wow, they have already had 36000 votes for picking the new name since Monday. Seems impressive for a small park and it just goes to show how the news has promoted the park.

I went for 'Le Train Fantôme'.

Martyn B said:
did Expodland really close because of that accident on the Togo Coaster?

Not exactly, but it was basically the last straw. The park wasn't doing so well anyway. The accident revealed that they hadn't been maintaining their rides properly, which led to a "temporary" shut down that they basically never recovered from.

Also, you have to remember that ride accidents have far greater repercussions for Japanese parks than anywhere else.

When someone gets hurt, park management typically resigns in atonement for the wrong done to the victim and the family. The park immediately pays restitution, without a lawsuit to force the company's hand.

Remember, Steel Dragon 2000 stayed closed for 3 years after it's accident and Hayabusa was removed very shortly after it injured a rider.

In all, it's a cultural difference that can seem odd to outsiders.

Personally, I think that it's very reverent and I wish many Americans would be even half as respectful in situations like that.

*different situation, but thinks of Wagner*

I'm will to bet that based on the name suggestions it's going to painted some dark color, even black.

I voted The Phantom Coaster, but Night Coaster is winning.

Uhh, can someone tell me how I completely missed this topic?!

Anyway, it's nice to see Orochi going to a place where some of our members will be able to ride it. I doubt it'll make many people's top tens judging off of what Raptor was like, but it'll still be a good, fun ride, with a high rerideability factor unless it gets really long lines, which Raptor still does for some reason. And whether or not Orochi is better than Raptor, it can't be better by that much; that's like saying Ka is about twenty places above Dragster, when they're like, the exact same.

As for the names, uhh, Le Night Coaster? As far as I'm aware, Night in French is Nuit, and coaster is Montagne Russe or something, so why is it like, a French prefix type thing with two English words following? That's like how I sound when I try to act German.. Just add the word "das" in front of the English word.

I voted for the Phantom Train though, even though they are both terrible.

Martyn B said:
Wow, this is really big news for a small park! This is one of the parks owned by Compagnie des Alpes isn't it?

No, it's not. It was a part of the Walibi, Six Flags and StarParks group but wasn't purchased by CdA in 2006.

However, more parks in Europe were interested on buying Orochi. Also CdA has been showing some interest in this gorgeous looking coaster. It was rumored to go to one of their Walibi-parks. If we go deeper into these rumors, it has been said that it would have been gone to Walibi Belgium!

Pretty much of a shame though! However, great to have another B&M coming pretty close to Belgium.

Great news, a fantastic investment for such a small park.

I also think that 'Le Train Fantôme' is the best name.

Trip to Walgator Parc next year yes? I think so!

I know you Americans have said that Raptor's not all that, and that's fair enough, but us lot over here are comparing it to a whole load of less-impressive coasters, with a few decent ones interspersed. I'd bet we'd probably be pretty impressed with it on the whole.

^ I couldn't agree more, I think it has hideous colours, and if this coaster happens to be called "Le Train Phantome", pink and white doesn't necessary scream out phantom to me, unless it's a gay phantom maybe :p . Same with Night coaster.. Pink and white don't cut it.

At least it's easy to see the pink in these pictures though, because it always just looked plain white to me.

Oh well I hope they have fun with their less than average Raptor clone.