What's new

Monster, Rel. B&M Invert (Walygator Park)

^ You confuse me.. So much :p . You say Raptor is crap, and now you're saying a clone is decent. MIXED SIGNALSS, HELLOOO!

Yah it's okay, but it's not really top ten worthy unless you have like, invert-fetish.

Well.. I haven't been on it since.. actually I don't remember.. maybe once this year?

But it isn't horrific, but isn't stunning.

I don't understand french, but the poster text "les plus gro, grand huit inversè d'Europe" sounds like they're marketing the ride as Europes largest invert. And that can't be true!!? Surely Katun is bigger than Raptor (if this is an exact clone)?

Katun is equally as long, faster and taller, but Orochi/Monster lasts six seconds longer. That has to count for something, or what?

But why do they call it "Grand huit inversé?" in other words, "Inverted big eight?". Last time I checked, "Montagne Russe" was French for rollercoaster.

I'm confused with this one too. Using an online translator it comes out as 'In 2010, has Walygator, largest large 8 reversed Europe'.

I can't really see them adding 2 more inversions :lol: , so Grand 8 must be another way of saying roller coaster in French.

And like Taylor already said why did they choose a different name than the ones that were the choices in the competition.

I really wanna try this coaster when it's finished! I've always, since it was built as the worlds largest invert, wanted to try raptor, so this could be my shot! And it can't be that bad? Raptor and Orochi are place 47 and 45 in the world (according to Mitch Hawker's internet poll), not to bad. They're a bit behind Nemesis (6), Katun (9) and Pyrenees (11) but ahead of Alpengeist (52). I'm looking forward to this coaster!

Ahead of Alpie is a lie, but I never thought the Raptor clones were very amazing.. just decent.

Haha, that would almost be cool! ^^ (at least if they give away free energy drinks) But it may actually be true. Monster is a nonsense name, why call the coaster something like that if the park don't have a underlying purpose..

Looking at the park's rides they have invested in quite a few new attractions over the last years. Nothing to big and their main attractions are a poor old woodie and a vekoma cork screw. But with this massive new B&M they're going big!

It seems just like they're trying to evolve to become a big amusement park. Maybe they recently got new owners/investors?

andrus said:
Looking at the park's rides they have invested in quite a few new attractions over the last years. Nothing to big and their main attractions are a poor old woodie and a vekoma cork screw. But with this massive new B&M they're going big!

It seems just like they're trying to evolve to become a big amusement park. Maybe they recently got new owners/investors?

I believe Compagne De Alpes has owned it for some time :?

Jools said:
andrus said:

I believe Compagne De Alpes has owned it for some time :?

Another good reason for Parc Asterix to reply with something nice in the near future .....!