What's new

Monster, Rel. B&M Invert (Walygator Park)

It won't be. Raptor is a quality ride, although it isn't a personal favorite of mine. The ride will be a favorite for parkgoers there.

13m Euro's isn't that bad really, even if Raptor only cost $8m. We've learnt through other topics that american coasters are much cheaper to build than over here.

Nemesis cost £10-£12m, so that makes it seem like a bargain. And at the end of the day, the 13m Euro's could be the total project cost. They may add fancy things to it, you never know.

^ Wasn't Orochi up for sale for about 6-7 million €, I guess taking it down and shipping it half way around the world isn't that cheep, and if the trains have gotten rehab then I can understand that extra cash, not to mention that they have to prepare the grounds to fit the ride...

As I stated in the "Toverland" topic Batman la Fuga at Parque Warner only costed 6 million euros to build in 2002 which is much more recent than nemesis.. So it aint more expensive to build in europe, only in the UK!

Of course Monster is a bigger coaster than a Batman clone, but la Fuga is quite heavy themed and the fact that Monster is used should have made it much cheaper unless it gets a 'monster' theming! :lol:

the fact that Monster is used should have made it much cheaper

I dont think it works like that with coasters. Just as long as they are looked after and maintained, they always as good as new.

^Is that true? As time pass I assume the metal will get worn and the ride eventually get rougher. I mean thats the whole reason to why old rides get demolished and replaced with new, right?

^ Not entirely, a coaster will run fine as long as you take care of it. It doesn't have to get rougher as it become older as long as it's built right from the beginning and is maintained properly (Rodelbaan at Waarbeek is still running fine, as do several Schwarzkopf coasters).

Coasters/rides get replaced when they don't attract enough visitors, spare parts become unavailable or so expensive that it isn't worth it any longer.

Just look at Aerovarvet (Kulingen) at Liseberg...

The Monster FINALLY goes Vertical !

598537photo.jpg

391904photo_montage_gare3_768x1024.jpg

^ You put the goes int he wrong place.

I will be interesting to see how fast this one goes up I thinks.

I intend to practise driving a la the frogs on the Bagatelle live, if I don't die or end up in some sort of smelly French prison then we shall indeed have a B&M inspired road trip in the land of baguettes and unshaven armpits <3

What ? I'm scared about driving on the other '' WRONG '' side of the road . Here the Frogs are weird sometimes !!!

One day i'll try and drive to Alton Tower or Thorpe Park ! Do you know how the french call the brits ?

^ Tossers.

I'm thinking of doing Plopsaland as a little 'practice' run for my first drive abroad, and once I've got used to that, I'll most definitely make my way down to Walygator, probably share with a trip to Walibi Belgium as their getting something big next year. Or even Parc Asterix. Or infact isn't there a park near Paris thats getting a MegaLite next year? W00t for France!

If you want some credits near or Around Paris there is some theme parks .

Beauvais has Parc Saint Paul , Near Paris Jardin D'acclimatation with 3 Credits , Nigloland near Troye is like 150 Kms from Paris .

I'm not fussed about getting credits, I ain't going to travel far for nothing special, but this Inverter, and a MegaLite I would travel for.