sam2028c.jpg

sam2024l.jpg

http://coastercommunity.altervista.org/community/

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Mirabilandia |"DiVertical"| Intamin (?) Water Coaster

Am I being stupid or does that look like a mild airtime hill?

Lofty

CF Legend

Yeah, I know what you mean Furie. The actual "Drop" section of the Airtime hill is tiny, but it'll be alright, it's the crest to the hill that's the best anyway <3

I'm doubting it'll have ANY airtime at all to be honest. It's definitely the new Aquatrax ;)

Martyn B

CF Legend

I'm being really thick. I dont get this coaster at all... I mean, the track coming out of the first splash is different to the track that enters it. And how are upstops going to work on that large trough style track?

99011555.png

Divertical_blog_003.jpg

Edit: I think I get it now. That rail that runs through the middle of the track will act as some kind of 'upstop' mechanism...?

peep

CF Legend

OK, time for a new update. Despite the snowy weather the first hill seems to be complete. Still looks really odd, intrigued to see what it does next.

394139_300834146632197_100001168413699_855113_1079848483_n-150x150.jpg

More images in the following link...Link

Leighton

Mega Poster

UC said:
They can't have traditional upstop wheels because of the way the cars are designed to "splash" in to the water (you can't slam the bottom of the wheel assemblies in to the water first, it would take a traumatic toll on the components itself), so they compensate by having the upstop on top of the track.

This way, when the ride splashes down, the body of the boat hits the water first and takes the majority of the blow off of the wheel assemblies.

How does it work with coasters like this?

ji1pa417iq0tig00a7tdcn.jpg

l33bsl2075ugepc00148mm.jpg

ade6dm00191lliv58g3vqo.jpg

3291.htm

They both seem to have 'traditional' up stop wheels and wheel assemblies that would hit the water first.

In the case of Vonkaputous, it looks like the boat never makes contact with the water during the splashdown.

Obviously neither of those rides has a drop as large as this coaster, so that may be a contributing factor

Lofty

CF Legend

The colours are actually VILE. I'll be looking forward to seeing the rest of the layout, but still. I want to vomit at those colours. To be honest, actually, it's just that ORANGE </3

TilenB

Strata Poster

New picture appeared on their facebook fan page

430273_322422737810325_251365284916071_1056916_1155200080_n.jpg

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

I can't work out just quite how hideous I think this looks :lol:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

That second hill is massive! I wonder if they're just going to fake the water-splash at the bottom, seems like it'd lose so much speed.

Mind, Krake has something fairly similar I guess, maybe we'll have to see how it goes in testing! :p

peep

CF Legend

New video released by the park. Shows off most of the layout and spouts the facts about the coaster. Looks ok.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSWYvODLPys[/youtube]

They have also launched a new part of the website dedicated to it. You can design the boat or something.

http://www.mirabilandia.it/divertical/

EDIT: Ok, just started playing around with the boat design thing, that is awesome. Seriously, check it out.

dominoes

Mega Poster

God that looks like a boring drop. It's like they designed it in RCT... Nice video though. A bit flashy...

Mike T

Mega Poster

Yea this coaster looks pretty terrible. Hopefully a nice thick coating of thematics will be its saving grace.

Intricks

Strata Poster

dominoes said:
God that looks like a boring drop. It's like they designed it in RCT... Nice video though. A bit flashy...

I do believe it was

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Brett7710

Mega Poster

Hixee said:
That second hill is massive! I wonder if they're just going to fake the water-splash at the bottom, seems like it'd lose so much speed.

Mind, Krake has something fairly similar I guess, maybe we'll have to see how it goes in testing! :p
This is really what I was getting at a couple of pages back with Pilgrims Plunge, I was under the impression then that the train was just going to travel up the second hill using momentum from the first drop. On PP the splash is practically non existant and the train already lowers gradually into the water on rails.
Unless Intamin have altered something in the design that they haven't shown yet, either there is barely going to be any splash whatsoever/they use a splash effect, or there must be some kind of lift hill or launch in place to get the train up the second hill.

Maybe the image TilySlo posted on page 8 gives more away than just theming, maybe it will be a new car/boat shape allowing it to skim through the water without losing too much speed.

Has there ever been an example of a coaster car/boat being immersed in water (not just splashdown fins) and then continuing on track without a lift hill or launch section inbetween?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

Looks rather nice, I'd say.

Obviously no water splash after the first drop, like Pilgrim's Plunge. This will be like Krake if anything. Or perhaps like Manta.

Looking at the picture, it seems suspiciously like this is a larger, or "extended" version of Pilgrim's Plunge. Wouldn't surprise me if it appeared just like that in some ride catalogue by Intamin somewhere; a stock model of the whatyacallit splash ride, and this is the largest version you get off the shelf.

Also, that queue building looks rather funky.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

It looks cool and everything, but to me it somewhat defeats the point of this sort of boat ride. They're all about the big splashdown and somehow I can't see this ride is going to have a massive splashdown. I mean, it can't have the big one at the start (obviously) and there doesn't seem to be any way its going to pick up a lot of speed into the final splashdown.

Looks cool, but I fear it may lose something in having the extended layout.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

My guess is that the first part's going to be a generic raft ride to that cool orange tower thing. You will then go up the tower and into the drop, but instead of a large splashdown it's just going to skim the water instead of the big dramatic splashdown. The ride will then take the coaster part of the layout and THEN take another splashdown, only this time the rails will be deeper than the first so it will be much more dramatic.

This is just what I think, I could be wrong.