What's new

Mirabilandia |"DiVertical"| Intamin Water Coaster

Martyn B

CF Legend
Re: New coaster for Mirabilandia in 2012?

I'd say a big part of it is social networking. Parks are pretty popular on Facebook, and to keep the publicity going, they need to keep updating their page, and nothing is better than updating with pics of new attractions ;)

costar

Mega Poster

peep said:
I really do hope this has a decent layout.

I have seen a few people are wondering about the layout. Well I was lucky enough to see a drawing of it recently. I took a photo but instead of posting it (Intamin might not like that), I'll sketch it for you. Excuse the microsoft paint skills. Obviously you can't tell what hills there are from a plan drawing but it's better than nothing. I assume the box at the top is the first splash down (already built). There might be another splash down just before the helix (it's hard to tell) and probably one at the end. So not an incredible layout but there's a lot more there than Pilgrims Plunge at least!

miriblayout.jpg

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^What's Intamin got to do with it? Unless you're working for the company and risking losing your job, which I don't think is the case?

While your drawing would look lovely on your mum's fridge, I'm not taking it as proof unless we see the photo. Sorry.

Intricks

Strata Poster

^^ Not the Dip n' Dots guy, so must be false.

In actual business, anything new out there for this? Any new teasers, pictures, "drawings" of a supposed leaked layout?

Really not feeling the colors, at all, on this one. Til more of the layout is revealed, it just screams "look at me! I'm a crap ride and want attnetion! No fun on here for you, but look, BRIGHT, ANNOYING SUPPORT COLOR"...

PP didnt look fun at all when I saw it running, so my opinion of this is the same for now.

Switching between the hideouts'...

TilenB

Strata Poster

They are already building something that looks like a pool
408878_298417970210802_251365284916071_990443_1576935541_n.jpg

397957_298418063544126_251365284916071_990444_920056744_n.jpg

376161_298418190210780_251365284916071_990445_1104147445_n.jpg

387418_298418276877438_251365284916071_990446_1730497391_n.jpg

and it is already confirmed that it will be 2m40s long

Martyn B

CF Legend

Its been a few weeks now, and not much has changed on the track work front. Seems a bit odd to leave them two towers apart for so long. I know they tie them down, but still...

peep

CF Legend

Maybe they need to get more of the groundwork started/finished off before they can continue with the construction of the actual coaster?

peep

CF Legend

Ok, so someone has posted on an Italian forum the full layout for this coaster.

RQTdW.jpg

Source link

Well that certainly look more interesting than what I was expecting. THREE splashdowns, wth.

Ben

CF Legend

That's obscene!

How exciting <3

Glad I didn't go a year before this opened ;) <3

Martyn B

CF Legend

Its not official, its fan made.

And to me, it doesn't look it'll represent the true layout. How could it gain enough momentum for 3 splash downs?

Lofty

CF Legend

Nah, in my opinion, that's bollocks. Solely for the fact that it's already different to that layout, the pull-up from the first Splash is higher and more "Airtime Hill" shaped.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

Even if its not real, still a great layout! A great adaption of pilgrims plunge.

Three splashdowns!! Is that going to be the world record or something??

Lofty

CF Legend

CoasterCrazy said:
Even if its not real, still a great layout! A great adaption of pilgrims plunge.

Three splashdowns!! Is that going to be the world record or something??

Surely not, because in reality, Journey To Atlantis, Florida, actually has 3 splashdowns. One's tiny, but it's still a splash down.

Lofty

CF Legend

Screamscape have just announced that the blue layout was in fact Fan Artwork. My, we didn't guess that, I can sleep safely now... :lol:

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Topic moved and renamed from News and Rumours.

Has this been confirmed as Intamin? Obviously the lift is the same as Pilgrim's Plunge which is Intamin (isn't it?), but that track looks very Mack Water Coaster.

I can change the topic title again if needs be, but it was definitely time to move this to construction.

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: Mirabilandia |"DiVertical"| Intamin (?) Water Coaster

^I'll stick a question mark in the title for now then. Just because you know there's a line of people waiting to jump on it if it turns out not to be Intamin.

Satisfaction denied!

andrus

Giga Poster
Re: Mirabilandia |"DiVertical"| Intamin (?) Water Coaster

I think it's safe to say it'll be Intamin. The lift hill structure looks very much like Pilgrims and First Drop Magazine, which is usually a reliable source, wrote this:
2011-09-21_stral.jpg