What's new

Mirabilandia |"DiVertical"| Intamin Water Coaster

Martyn B

CF Legend
Re: Mirabilandia |"DiVertical"| Intamin (?) Water Coaster

^ I thought we've kinda known that from the beginning? Cant ever remember reading that it was going to be Mack...?

Anyway, back to the track. That rail in the middle might actually be used for upstop wheels? (was discussed a few pages back...)

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

I'll be honest, I just couldn't be **** ed to trawl through the topic and check every detail, hence asking it it was confirmed Intamin before I changed the topic.

I wasn't trying to open a manufacturer debate.

andrus

Giga Poster
^I just tried to answere your qustion. It is not confirmed, but it's Intamin with 99% guarantee!
gavin said:
Has this been confirmed as Intamin? Obviously the lift is the same as Pilgrim's Plunge which is Intamin (isn't it?), but that track looks very Mack Water Coaster.

I can change the topic title again if needs be, but it was definitely time to move this to construction.

marc

CF Legend
Mirabilandia |"DiVertical"| Intamin (?) Water Coaster

What a shame people on the ride will get to see that un themed building, really let's down what is actually a great themed area.

Brett7710

Mega Poster

If Intamin are building this thing I hope they've improved something in the design since pilgrims plunge. PP barely has a splash, certainly not the 30ft wall or water that was originally reported.

Didn't they have to adjust the rails on PP so that it entered the water more gradually? I wonder if adding OTSR would allow them to hit the water differently (Obviously it would be a fine balance because they can't afford to lost too much speed for the climb out of the water)

Lofty

CF Legend

They did. Look at Shoot The Rapids. It's splashes are far more impressive than PP!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shCyUzTqdto[/youtube]

Brett7710

Mega Poster

I was under the impression that the two rides were different models, I went on Shoot the rapids a couple of years back and thought it was great.
I still thought that the intention of this ride was a bit of a splash at the bottom of the main drop followed by an airtime hill (as people had speculated from looking at the supports a few pages back) I'm now thinking that's probably not the case. The supports look like a lift hill coming out of the splashdown followed by a turn to the left.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Im too lazy to look it up, but UC or Joey explained why the splash sucks balls based off the height it is dropping from.

Basically, do a belly flop from a typical dive board, then proceed to do one from the high dive. Which is going to hurt more and cause more bodily harm?

They used the analogy of hitting a brick wall and watching a plane do a water landing. Both occassions end up in some **** being seriously **** up.

Switching between the hideouts'...

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

^^Apparently hitting water at a certain speed has the same effect as hitting a brick wall!?

I think we have a confirmed manufacturer...and an rcdb page!

Roller Coaster: Divertical
Amusement Park: Mirabilandia (Savio, Emilia-Romagna, Italy)
Classification: Roller Coaster
Type: Steel - Sit Down
Builder: Intamin AG (there we go)
Categories: Water Coaster
Inversions: 0 (What a surpise!)

http://www.rcdb.com/10393.htm

dominoes

Mega Poster

^It is true. You are hitting a hard surface at speed. That's why people throw themselves off high bridges. They will drown whilst unconsious. You know how painfull it is doing a belly flop? Imagine doing that at 30-40 mph!

Darren B

Giga Poster

CoasterCrazy said:
^^Apparently hitting water at a certain speed has the same effect as hitting a brick wall!?

I think we have a confirmed manufacturer...and an rcdb page!

Roller Coaster: Divertical
Amusement Park: Mirabilandia (Savio, Emilia-Romagna, Italy)
Classification: Roller Coaster
Type: Steel - Sit Down
Builder: Intamin AG (there we go)
Categories: Water Coaster
Inversions: 0 (What a surpise!)

http://www.rcdb.com/10393.htm

I wouldn't read to much into that, Although very reliable RCDB don't have that many more official sources than us, They are going on exactly what we know and creating the page on the assumption that this is 99.9% likely to be Intamin.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

^I'd say that's true, except Duane does get ride lists directly from most major manufacturers, and holds the information until the parks make an announcement. The ride details such as height and whatnot are often not included, but the simple facts of manufacturer X is building coasters at parks A, B and C tends to be something he's very accurate with.

There's reasons he has and uses 'unknown' in so many info fields on the site.

mirathebest

Roller Poster

Hello everyone, I'm a member of mirathebest theparks lot and follow the progress of work divertical
For now, the things you know for certain are:
Name: DiVertical
Height: 55 m
Speed​​: 106 km / h.
Drop: drop inclination of 45 °
Theming: The theme is that of competitive racing offshore.
Braking system that uses water.
Road full of curves.
Divertical Watercoaster will be the highest in the world, the tallest coaster in Italy.
Higher investment in the history of the park.

ry1996

Mega Poster

^ I'm sure the ride is a lot higher than 55ft !, i hope it is if it's bigger than pilgrims plunge.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

Looks like the ride is 'topped-off'.

This is one really interesting looking roller coaster indeed.

DV-24-gennaio-2.jpg

Source: http://blog.mirabilandia.it/

Martyn B

CF Legend

Is there any specific reason for that straight drop?

Ben

CF Legend

Apart from being steeper and thus needing more curve to reach steepness/level-out, what else would it do other than be straight?

peep

CF Legend

Miraforever.com have had some decent updates lately. Firstly this pic shows the drop and splash down off quite nicely...

DV-25-gen-2012-150x150.png

The mess of supports to the right of the pic above is shown in more detail in the below pics. If you go to their site they also have pics where they've tried to draw on what they think is the route judging from the look of the supports...

sam2017j-150x150.jpg

sam2011-150x150.jpg

EDIT: You may want to just visit http://www.miraforever.com to see the full sized images.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

Ben said:
Apart from being steeper and thus needing more curve to reach steepness/level-out, what else would it do other than be straight?

Trick-track?

That'd test the ol' Intamin ejection seats.

/sarcasm.