What's new

Mirabilandia |"DiVertical"| Intamin Water Coaster

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: Mirabilandia |"DiVertical"| Intamin (?) Water Coaster

This looks disgusting, actually vile. I hope it rides well, because it's got nothing else going for it...

peep

CF Legend

It just looks weird. The fact this is also going to be sitting next to Reset is a bit odd too. The theming looks nice but I can't help but think this is totally the wrong type of attraction for Mira.

nadroJ

CF Legend

peep said:
It just looks weird. The fact this is also going to be sitting next to Reset is a bit odd too.

I thought that too, hopefully they'll keep Reset somewhat segregated? I liked how it felt kind of out of the way and isolated, enhanced the theme very well I felt.

marc

CF Legend
Mirabilandia |"DiVertical"| Intamin (?) Water Coaster

Also from this ride you can see the unthemed shed that Reset is in :(

Ben

CF Legend

I guess I'm alone in thinking this looks really fab and I love them for doing something different <3

nadroJ

CF Legend

Nah Ben, I think the ride itself looks fun. The drop is mega high for something like this so I'd definitely be scared on it, and I'm with you in that it's nice to see something different. If you've been to the park and seen where it is though, it's just a funny place to put it.

As a stand alone ride though I like the whole thing and the subtle landscaping and theming surrounding it.

And marc, didn't even think about that urrgghh </3

andrus

Giga Poster

I've said this looks **** ugly from the start! I can't believe the park has such a bad taste, especially since both Katun and iSpeed are amazing and beautiful rides!

And I wonder if Mirabilandia know the meaning of the words "vertical" and "airtime"? They said in an official announcement that it would feature a vertical drop and lot's of airtime. I can't see this having either.. I keep wondering if the plans got changed drastically or what happend? (or if it was bluntly a lie)

I think a new modern woodie would've been loads better! Or a hyper. To pay this much for this kind of attraction is kind of weird for me. And it seems really odd that a water ride will be the tallest in the park (together with iSpeed) :?

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

^However, I suspect Mira wanted the record and wouldn't a woodie cost a fair bit more? Perhaps Sierra Tonante had an aspect that Mirabilandia didn't like (eg, reliability), and they now have a negative opinion on woodies?

I personally like this though. Ok, the colour scheme might not be amazing but...it has a bit of airtime, a nice big drop, two water splashes, a helix and a nice "log flume section" (at the start). What's all the negativity about? It's far better than Pilgrim's plunge...and might there be a large splash at the end opposed to PP's pathetic little one.:--D

Anyway, its an addition, not an attraction. Doesn't really matter that much.

andrus

Giga Poster

^The negativity is about the **** ugly colour scheme! :wink: And they promised airtime and got none (or maybe some subtile on the first hill).. And it makes Katun and iSpeed less imposing, and I love those rides so it makes me sad :p

nadroJ

CF Legend

andrus said:
I've said this looks **** ugly from the start! I can't believe the park has such a bad taste, especially since both Katun and iSpeed are amazing and beautiful rides!

Kay, so I agree with Katun but iSpeed? Beautiful? On what planet is nasty corrugated red plastic beautiful? It's just a mess of track of concrete with gross superficial theming. Not to say I didn't enjoy the ride, but it's a bit of an eyesore.

In fact, I felt that way about the entire park apart from the Katun area and the Reset facade.

andrus

Giga Poster

^Agreed, the theming on iSpeed isn't very nice (is there any at all?). But the station is funky looking and the ride itself is really beautiful imo! Sexy curves and hot (although ferrarri copy) red! <3

nadroJ

CF Legend

I thought the station look cheap and tacky and like something Neil Buchanan would knock together on Art Attack =/

TilenB

Strata Poster

maybe a bit off-topic, but Mira is removing the Family Adventure (Vekoma junior coaster) :(

peep

CF Legend

^Oh what? Think I read that the other night while browsing other sites but didn't really believe it at the time. I think that was one of the better family creds out there too. :(

D1993

Hyper Poster

I dont think it looks really that weird.
Orange isnt probably the best color to showcase a ride/rollercoaster, but the orange and blue doesnt look horrible by any means ...
at least, IMO

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

The lift will be quite scary and intimidating, but the drop itself will be ****. The rest of the layout won't do much.

This is based on riding Pilgrim's Plunge and a large Mack water coaster. Oh, and I know this isn't Mack, but the coaster section is VERY Mack water coaster.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Update:

sam2054r.jpg

http://coastercommunity.altervista.org/ ... 62&p=38526

Lofty

CF Legend

Still looks vile.

I'll be looking forward to seeing how it actually rides though.