What's new

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
Are the really realistically going to be opening another huge roller coaster just after a Orion, and just after one of the worst finical implications for the tourism industry in living memory? Maybe I'm being cynical, as it looks great, but really, that quickly :oops:

Maybe I'm just jealous being from the U.K, where new roller coasters come around when the moon is full on every Thursday of a leap year when Saturn is in the right position...

Oh god, they just won't stop will they?
Well I think Kings Island could take a break maybe before adding another coaster and Cedar Fair could invest more in other parks besides Cedar Point and Kings Island. But it would be nice either way cause it is a new coaster lol ? But I hope that this is for a couple of years down the line if it is a rollercoaster.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
My guess is that it's infrastructure related. I HAVE seen some talk that they'll be working to improve drainage in that area where the markings were found. This does hint at the possibility that EVENTUALLY there will be an active construction site in that corner of the park, but that could be a new entrance or simply a ride removal for all we know.

Matt N

CF Legend
Maybe they might be doing a Carowinds or Cedar Point and doing a spruce up of the park entrance that includes a new coaster? Not necessarily for 2022, but maybe at some point in the mid to long term; maybe within the next 5 years or so?

If it’s the park’s 50th anniversary in 2022, then I do think a new coaster is worth considering, however; parks in America typically like to spend big for their anniversaries, and even though COVID has just happened, they might want to come out of it with all guns blazing, and what better way to do that than with a huge new coaster?

Admittedly, they might possibly have done that with the giga coaster had they wanted to do it, but I think it might be a valid point worth considering, dependant on where in the park it is.

Maybe they might be doing a Carowinds or Cedar Point and doing a spruce up of the park entrance that includes a new coaster? Not necessarily for 2022, but maybe at some point in the mid to long term; maybe within the next 5 years or so?

If it’s the park’s 50th anniversary in 2022, then I do think a new coaster is worth considering, however; parks in America typically like to spend big for their anniversaries, and even though COVID has just happened, they might want to come out of it with all guns blazing, and what better way to do that than with a huge new coaster?

Admittedly, they might possibly have done that with the giga coaster had they wanted to do it, but I think it might be a valid point worth considering, dependant on where in the park it is.
Yh absolutely. Also, American parks don't always add coasters in anniversary seasons, so this may suggest that it could be 2023-2025 kinda period, cause obviously the main focus for Cedar Fair in 2022 is gonna probably be Cedar Point and the Volcano replacement at Kings Dominion

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
As much as I love a good old-fashioned coaster speculation, let me throw some damp towels on this gang:

• Covid has taken an irrefutable bite out of park chain earnings, and in turn wouldn't be surprising if big projects were slowed by a year a two chain-wide.
  • Cedar Fair has realized you don't need big coasters to celebrate anniversaries - remember when we were expecting the massive 500 ft. wooden invert at Cedar Point for the 150th anniversary? Cedar Fair's marketing has evolved to realize the anniversary itself can be the draw, and doesn't require a block buster attraction the same year. Rather, focus on nostaglic callbacks and other in-park events to celebrate the anniversary. Much cheaper, and allows you to spread out your hype cycle, installing a coaster/attraction in off-peak years.
  • People still need to understand there is A LOT of construction that goes on in parks as part of general upkeep that doesn't involve rides and attractions. Water lines, phone lines, electrical, sewage; they're all right under your feet. And while some spray paint on a midway can indicate the beginning groundbreaking of a new attraction... they can just as easily indicate where to bore the next hole for a fiber optic cable.

As is always the case when you see high visibility flags and stakes in the ground - take it all with a grain of salt, and never assume out of the gate.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Injecting some speculation into this thread; fan rendering of a dive machine in the Vortex valley. https://coasternation.com/could-thi...avNtoGAatOIQMuKAvmtHQTiJSib-8GmCvxTKPMMD-2zBA

Still paint me a Mack multi-launch fan - I'd see a Copperhead Strike as a more uniquely compelling addition vs. another B&M (especially with Valravn a still-recent addition at CP). But hey, wouldn't be against another Dive Machine I guess.

EDjanaika

Mega Poster
Injecting some speculation into this thread; fan rendering of a dive machine in the Vortex valley. https://coasternation.com/could-thi...avNtoGAatOIQMuKAvmtHQTiJSib-8GmCvxTKPMMD-2zBA

Still paint me a Mack multi-launch fan - I'd see a Copperhead Strike as a more uniquely compelling addition vs. another B&M (especially with Valravn a still-recent addition at CP). But hey, wouldn't be against another Dive Machine I guess.
Vortex is definitely going to be next for replacement as it left a massive plot of land and there's load of space to work with and i think i would love to see an Intamin Blitz but after Copperhead Strike, it's more likely to be a Mack multi launch like you said @Hyde and i wouldn't mind tbh what goes as long as it's a good ride and the other place of course is the rest of the land where Son of Beast sat. Unlikely but there's always a probability!

Hutch

Strata Poster

Who was it that slapped some dive machine trains on a Vortex recreation in the OpenRCT server over the summer? Remember that?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Kings Island is one of the few parks left in the US that can afford and have room for a Dive Machine without already having one, so it would make sense for them to get one. Especially from B&M's perspective: who else would they sell Dive Machines to at this point?