What's new

Manta- B&M Flyer for SWO opening May 22

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
sw771a.jpg

I'm loving all the foliage around the ride, it's looking very nice!

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
Man that is quite slow even for an e-stop, but still as long as it makes it around to the end without a crane needed all is good in the hood. And they have just KILLED those trains with the horrible paint job! It was so much better plain, it had more class to it :)

Lofty

CF Legend
Lol, Ben you are so right, you have read my mind, I saw them and for some reason they remind me of a hippy's tie-dye T-shirt.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
I'm npt a fan of the paint job. It kinda reminds me of a travelling fair ride... only without the images of mostly naked girls, i dunno, it's something about the way it's painted i guess. I prefered it plain blue with the white trim.

Cernuschi

Roller Poster
That it some sweet paintwork on the cars, they really have something special about them. The foliage is looking very nice aswell, what I expect from SeaWorld. Looking forward to finally riding this.

Funky Monk

Roller Poster
Another ride I wish I could ride soon. Hopefully I'll get back to Orlando sometime in the next few years. It does look incredible. The only flyer I have to go by is Air, which I really enjoyed, but I'd love to experience one of the bigger flyers.

The paintwork is quite odd though. It sort of clashes with the rest of the train, which is plain and simplistic.

CMonster

Giga Poster
The green and blues does look good! There are a ton of supports around the bottom of the pretzel loop.

The only thing about the new colors for the lead car is that the pinks and whitish colors don't really go well with the deep blues.

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
Beautiful ride in my opinion, I'm planning to go back to Florida maybe this year or next in off-peak times as always, unless my famuly wants to come like last time, but if I'm honest I prefered the first time with my friends :p that was off peak too, no queues apart from Magic Kingdom.

Kraken

Roller Poster
This ride is looking gorgeous now with those surroundings I reckon. When it was going up I was worried it wasn't going to fit in with the rest of the park that well, but looking at it now it seems to flow very nicely.

I think it looks a lot larger now it's landscaped also, which is cool.

CMonster

Giga Poster
The trains look alot better now really for some reason, I guess because it is fully painted. I wish i worked there... Lucky employees :evil:

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
It does look awesome...

But I didn't like Tatsu's pretzel loop, so I have doubts that I would enjoy this one as well, which is a shame because it looks exceptionally cool and very well built into the surroundings...

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
If you didn't like Tatsu's pretzel loop, then you'll not like any pretzel loop. I almost wish I hadn't ridden Tatsu until after I ride Manta, as Manta's pretzel loop is bound to be a bit of a let down now. The coaster is looking good though.

marc

CF Legend
The pretzel loop on Tatsu is the most intense inversion I have ever been through.

I dont know if I liked it or not tbh, it was different thats for sure. I wish I had more time to ride it a few more times as twice was not really enough. The problem is I did not really like Tatsu apart from the lift hill and 1st drop and then the build up to the loop, but thats more due to the anticipation of whats coming.

I think this loop looks a bit smaller? so should not be as intense as I dont think it will be taken at the same speed.