What's new

Manta- B&M Flyer for SWO opening May 22

CMonster

Giga Poster
Wow... :shock:

That looks amazing!! The splash looks great, everything looks great. Seaworld did a good job on this. I can't wait to ride it...

A

Anonymous

^ They are soft opening it to train the operators etc.

I have to say that I'm very impressed by the looks of this coaster, that wing splash section looks great, I'm just worried that they have banked the track too much and that section can get very uncomfortable after a while.

Mike T

Mega Poster
loefet said:
^ They are soft opening it to train the operators etc.

I have to say that I'm very impressed by the looks of this coaster, that wing splash section looks great, I'm just worried that they have banked the track too much and that section can get very uncomfortable after a while.

Well the banking feels very natural and theres nothing unusual about it - it's very comfortable - and as you'd expect it pushes you out of your seat towards the restraint.

I just rode Manta another 8 times today and I can't get over how majestic an emmaculate this ride is. I love how everything that was intended on being a feature of Manta is actually there when you go ride it - rather than the park pulling a Cedar Point and removing an entire canyon and oil rig out of the thematic line up. I'm trying to let all my self-made hype die down before I pass final judgement - but my judgement right now tells me that Manta just put Busch Entertainment into a completely different league.

I'll be back early tomorrow, all day Tuesday, and a short period of Wednesday to visit the attraction again.

Ben

CF Legend
OK, lets check the opening of a new coaster checklist...

1. Fanboys ride it quickly after opening, and declare it the best coaster ever because A. It's new and B. It's near them - CHECK

2. People calm down, and enthusiats with no bias ride it and we get an actual impression of what the ride is like - hmmm... nope...

Damn, just waitin' for number 2 to come along.

nealbie

CF Legend
Ben said:
OK, lets check the opening of a new coaster checklist...

1. Fanboys ride it quickly after opening, and declare it the best coaster ever because A. It's new and B. It's near them - CHECK

2. People calm down, and enthusiats with no bias ride it and we get an actual impression of what the ride is like - hmmm... nope...

Damn, just waitin' for number 2 to come along.

CAN'T.... STOP.... LAUGHING!!!

Oh the pain of it all! :lol:

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
I'm definitely more excited about this one now. Can't wait to start working down there. Hopefully they'll do a couple employee nights so I can get some rides and all that. Mike's review makes me more excited. I had high hopes, but that seems even better. I'm trying to do my best to temper that so I don't overhype anything, but it certainly looks like a nice coaster to get to spend the summer with!

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Does anyone else agree that the "wing dip" is one of the most beautiful theming elements on a coaster ever?!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA8PjUvyiEQ[/youtube]

There's a few shots in there.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
bob_3_ said:
Does anyone else agree that the "wing dip" is one of the most beautiful theming elements on a coaster ever?!
I could not agree more. It's absolutely stunning.

I'm very shocked by this coaster, I was sceptical that it was going to be a bit too much like Air. I am SO glad that I'm wrong.

I just need to get back to Florida now!

Snoo

The Legend
That is ****ing awesome. By far the best water themed effect I've ever seen.. and it works so well.

God.. June can't come fast enough.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
For those looking for more of the water splash feature...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onCzVSJKyAM[/youtube]

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
It does look every bit as good as I expected & just like Brian Morrow described it. He said that they really tested the splash effect to get it just right & damn if they didn't. I really like the way the splash leads out ahead of the coaster, allowing even those in the front row to get a view of the effect.
I don't know if it will beat out Tatsu as my favorite flyer, but it sure looks like it will. With the themeing & water effects it looks like it could even make my Top 10. Those fly-bys look delicious - with a capitol D!

Gazza

Giga Poster
Yeah I don't really get why it is so unfathomable for people to think this is one of the best rides out there, I mean Tatsu made it in my top 5, and this is up to a similar standards, with some visibly good theming....If flyers are someone's thing, then of course they are going to look upon it highly.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
This ride is looking stunning. The ride itself looks like it'll be good fun, but taken in conjunction with setting and water effects? This looks like it'll be one amazing experience.

All the more reason for me to plan a Florida trip I suppose.