What's new

Manta- B&M Flyer for SWO opening May 22

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
^ Compared to other flyers it does.
But that doesn't mean they'll trim it later.
Hopefully they won't, because that last roll does look pretty sweet.

I hate Flyers
Aw, show some love Ben. :roll:

Mike T

Mega Poster
Yeah I apologize for not knowing the specific roller coasters that you like Ben. But then again, I'm judging on the fact that you like Abismo but hate Rockit, like the new Vekoma family coaster in spain but hate flyers. It's just that you get a bit confusing / contradictory with your tastes thats all.

In regards to Manta, I imagine the midcourse will be turned on before long to test the ride as it behaves in the instance that a train is stopped completely on the block.

Ben

CF Legend
Mike T said:
Yeah I apologize for not knowing the specific roller coasters that you like Ben. But then again, I'm judging on the fact that you like Abismo but hate Rockit, like the new Vekoma family coaster in spain but hate flyers. It's just that you get a bit confusing / contradictory with your tastes thats all.

Um, unless you're unaware of the meaning of the word "contradictory" liking one thing and disliking another thing that is totally different (I'm not sure I could think of two coasters LESS like each other than Tibi's and Manta and the X Cars really only share the trains...) is NOT a contradiction.

Is it a contradiction if I like fruit, but much prefer apples to oranges?

Snoo

The Legend
I quite liked Tatsu actually. Of course, Ben's basis of Flyer goodness is Air and a ****ty Superman clone.. so maybe this summer he will finally embrace fun. ;)

Mike T

Mega Poster
Today I received email from SeaWorld regarding Manta's Test Flights. Attached was a short video showing the train make its way through the pretzel loop as well as the pseudo-wingover manuever. It's nothing that we haven't already seen, and I imagine it will be available on Youtube to view within the next few hours.

A

Anonymous

Manta

For all coaster fans
here is some good news they have began testing for manta SeaWorld Orlando.The ride is sort of like air only better higher and faster and it is SeaWorlds first fly coaster. The ride should be open to the public by the end of april.

Thank You

Mike T

Mega Poster
Its not so much about the coaster though, and thats what everybody forgets. The ride officially opens to the public on May 22nd (a Friday). Sure it may seem like a bit of a length in time from now, but you have to remember that the aquarium piece is just as big of an importance to SeaWorld as the actual track and steel is. Water testing for aquariums takes about a month, and another 2 weeks to fill it with the creatures. So at this point, thats what the focus is on, and thats why we're seeing a late May debut. I don't think SeaWorld is going to be doing soft openings for this one.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I just thought this was quite interesting how slow it comes out the MCBR from a stop, unloaded.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht-Ri-2nlZI[/youtube]

bob_3_

Giga Poster
All rides post E-stop crawl round the rest of the track. the rides not designed to give a good ride in the event of an emergency. As long as the train can make it back to the station unaided then it's fine.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
And Another Load of pictures if anybody cares...

sw739a.jpg

sw741a.jpg

The rest:
http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/manta0.html

A

Anonymous

^ Niiiice!!

Really nice paint job, looks a lot better then the plain white and blue they were before.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I agree. Probably the best looking coaster I've seen. Let's just hope it rides as good as it looks. :wink: