What's new

Manta- B&M Flyer for SWO opening May 22

Dave

CF Legend
Am I being dumb or do most B&M Flyers not have such a large zero car? Or is it the fact of the shape of it makes it stand out.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
^ This is the first flyer to have a zero car, it has it's own separate wheel assembly.

On other flyers the front car essentially does the same job. I'm not sure if this is something we're likely to see often, it may just be to add weight to the train.

Look at Alpengiest, that was the only B&M invert to have a zero car.

Snoo

The Legend
I also think that because this is the first Flyer with a MCBR, B&M might have felt the zero-car was necessary.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Those trains looks SEXY!

The zero-car does look particularly large, but it actually looks fantastic.

A

Anonymous

So does the train actually touch the splash dip thing? Like the divemachines and Diamondback or is it just a water effect created by jets?

Mike T

Mega Poster
SnooSnoo said:
I also think that because this is the first Flyer with a MCBR, B&M might have felt the zero-car was necessary.

Lol, I'd like to hear you elaborate on this a little bit because it makes no sense to me... o_O

I'm interested to see the finished trains when it opens, but as they stand now they look pretty good. I'm a bit disappointed that they share such a close resemblance in color to the track, but I imagine that the train detailing will explain why at a later date.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
44599099.jpg

Hope they take them balloons off.

Mike T

Mega Poster
*facepalm*. That photo was taken from early December when the coaster's track erection was completed. That was the last installed piece... Balloons were taken off the day of...

Mike T

Mega Poster
Coming from The Grape Wizzard it wouldn't surprise me if he was serious...

But seriously, go put on some more make up or something if you have nothing better to contribute to the thread... :roll:

And to CJH, after viewing the trains there's not much on them that suggests they'll make physical contact with the water. If there was a place on the train that it would, it would be on the zero car. But the entire thing is a fiberglass body, so I wouldn't get your hopes up there. Look for the splash to be similar to what you see on The Incredible Hulk Coaster at IOA.

Honestly I don't know why they made such a big deal about the splash portion of the ride if it was going to be as simple as water jets. Brian Morrow sure did make it seem like they did a lot of trajectory testing to get that wing to swoop down into the water when CF first interviewed him a few months ago...

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Maybe that's why that trench thing doesn't seem to line up with where the train would be. That would be such a disappointment if this is true.

tks

Strata Poster
Mike T said:
Coming from The Grape Wizzard it wouldn't surprise me if he was serious...

But seriously, go put on some more make up or something if you have nothing better to contribute to the thread... :roll:

I love the fact that the only insult people can come up with against me is to do with make-up. Be a bit more original next time?

Anyway, there are pictures of the fountains in the trench on that Jonny persons website I think. So yeh, no train dipping which is a shame, although it makes things alot simpler for B&M and SeaWorld this way I suppose

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
As long as everyone is on the same page, that's what matters! :razz:

It'll be interesting to see how the water effect looks.

CMonster

Giga Poster
Wow, the trains look great!

If the train did dip into the water as it is, would there even be a splash? Because the only reason, say, Sheikra has a splash is because of the metal funnel type things that aim the water up into the air. The Manta train would just knife through the water unless there was an ugly metal box where everybody can see it...

Right?

bob_3_

Giga Poster
^ exactly!

I don't think the fact it doesn't have a "proper" splash is a bad thing. I think the simulated one will look so much better, and look alot smoother.

Also that manta zero-car is SO wide it'll look like it's just touching the water anyway.

Funky Monk

Roller Poster
Wow that car just looks so smooth, I can really see it looking great on that track, even if it is the same colour pretty much. But I've never seen a zero-car THIS big before. It probably has to be though to get the effect they are trying to.

I wish i could be there in the summer :(