What's new

Magic Kingdom | 7 Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster | Vekoma/Disney

Lofty

CF Legend
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster - Magic Kingdom (WDW)

As Walt said himself: "Disneyland will never be complete as long as there is Imagination in the world". I think this stands for all the parks, not just Cali! So I wouldn't keep banging on about them not spending the money, they rarely go a year without at least one park having an investment of some kind.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Re: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster - Magic Kingdom (WDW)

Not got money to spend on the Non-US parks?

Weird how they're expanding Hong Kong and Tokyo has some of the largest expenditure on rides built...

Paris aside, but that's because of the fact it is a massive loss and the ownership is not as simple as the American counterparts...

Please, get your facts right (Cars Land built because of failing attendances? Must have missed the rest of that park being redone) before you point out stuff... It never helps your arguement when it can be so easily disproved...

Now, Seven Dwarfs Coaster, any news?

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

Nemesis Inferno said:
Not got money to spend on the Non-US parks?

Weird how they're expanding Hong Kong and Tokyo has some of the largest expenditure on rides built...

Paris aside, but that's because of the fact it is a massive loss and the ownership is not as simple as the American counterparts...

Please, get your facts right (Cars Land built because of failing attendances? Must have missed the rest of that park being redone) before you point out stuff... It never helps your arguement when it can be so easily disproved...

Now, Seven Dwarfs Coaster, any news?

I can't find the link on my iPod, but Tokyo/Japan and Hong Kong pay for the majority of their expansions attractions etc. it's part of the contract with Disney. So your argument trying to prove my argument invalid is also invalid. Please try again.

marc

CF Legend

Disney don't pay for Hong Kong etc it's the governments and private firms. Disney design the rides for them etc.

I still don't agree with the spending no money thing so I stopped posting as it was going round in circles.

But we went end of 2010 and effects were working on test track and other rides you have said they were not when you went. Space mountain had just been done up, but it is a shame they did not include in car sound but that was due to the trains not cost cutting.

But if they were not working last year on test track why would they spend extra money knowing and saying it would close for a re theme?

Effects were working on Big thunder as well.

Epcot had been painted and tided up.

Hollywood studios had also been done up and tot was getting a re paint.

Major work was taking place at down town Disney.

If stuff was not working we would have noticed. Just never go to Paris as effects there never work on some rides.

The park that looked a mess was Ioa.

We are going to have to agree to disagree.

peep

CF Legend

Youngster Joey said:
I can't find the link on my iPod(have it bookmarked on my laptop), but Tokyo/Japan and Hong Kong pay for the majority of their expansions attractions etc. it's part of the contract with Disney. So your argument trying to prove my argument invalid is also invalid. Please try again.

I think what Benin was getting at is that TWDC don't own the non US parks so why would they need to be investing in them?

I'm still not sure of where this argument has even come from though because well, Disney is heavily investing in their US parks. WDW sounds like it has really fallen behind in terms of keeping everything tip top but they've realised this and seem to be correcting this massive issue (they seem to be completely rebuilding main street). On top of that they are in the process of doubling the size of their Fantasyland and at the same time putting the theming details of the rest of the park to shame. So they're making up for lack of refurbishment in previous years but after the radical changes they've had to go through this year I think that'll be the last time we see their park fall into such a bad state.

In regards to the hotels, I know the Paris hotels are at an obscene occupancy rate and that they actually need a new hotel. I assume WDW predicts that they will soon be in a similar situation. They're not going to spend an obscene amount of money on a new hotel resort if they think people won't fill up the rooms. It wouldn't make financial sense for the company. They probably have their reasons.

DCA was a problem park just like the Walt Disney Studios park in Paris. It opened with a lack of attractions and gained a bad rep quickly resulting in low attendances. Disney realised this so put together a ridiculous plan to completely turn the park around, re-theming half of the park, adding a HUGE new area to the park and generally improving it all round. I doubt you'll find another company capable of doing such an insane project to bring their park up to scratch. It's taken them 5 years to finish and they're not going to find out if the plan worked or not attendance wise for a couple of years yet.

The Avatar stuff is just rumours and speculation. They may have announced how much they're investing in it but that reveals nothing at all. The only sort of confirmed thing is the flying dragon things that breathe fire that will fly over the area and even then we don't know if they'll actually appear when the area opens in a couple of years. I'm also not sure how this is making up for a prior mistake the resort has made, it's just a new expansion for the park. How can you turn such a positive thing into a negative?

Disney take years and years to make decisions on changes at the parks and won't do anything unless they think it's perfect for what they need at the time. They clearly think the other parks at WDW don't need expanding at the moment or may just be waiting for the new Fantasyland/Avatar stuff to calm down before announcing their plans for those parks.

Meh, that's a half-arsed reaction but yeah, ultimately, I have absolutely no idea what you're saying is bad about Disney at the moment in the US.

EDIT: Marc summed it up better than me :p

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

They are spending money. The point on trying to make is they are spending money on the wrong things and they are done spending large sums at a time after avatar land.

I'm also not quite sure how this argument started. I don't remember

marc

CF Legend

How are they spending money on the wrong things?

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

Obviously this my my opinion, but spending more money on hotels when they have plenty of rooms empty is a waste. They are expanding fantasyland, the most visited land in the most visited park while parks that could really use updating and upgrading like MGM and Epcot (world showcase especially)

Avatarland I have mixed feelings on. Yay for finally adding on to animal kingdom and putting something in camp Minnie Mickey other than the lion king show. On the other hand I think avatar is an atrocity that should not be the highest grossing film of all time

marc

CF Legend

MGM had an expansion the other year though, the Pixar stuff.

peep

CF Legend

Youngster Joey said:
Obviously this my my opinion, but spending more money on hotels when they have plenty of rooms empty is a waste. They are expanding fantasyland, the most visited land in the most visited park while parks that could really use updating and upgrading like MGM and Epcot (world showcase especially)

Avatarland I have mixed feelings on. Yay for finally adding on to animal kingdom and putting something in camp Minnie Mickey other than the lion king show. On the other hand I think avatar is an atrocity that should not be the highest grossing film of all time

Lol, they're clearly expanding Fantasyland because it is the most visited, it was getting too crowded and they needed to open it up and spread it out a bit more. #logical

Like I said in my previous post, the hotels probably have a high enough occupancy rate for it to make financial and business sense.

Ok, so you don't like the film Avatar, a LOT of people don't. That shouldn't have any effect whatsoever on what Disney are going to do and as we know little to nothing about what they are going to do just saying it's going to be awful because of the film seems a bit silly. They're not going to push a lot of money towards it if they don't think it'll be worthwhile. That film has some of the most amazing landscapes/scenery in any film which in a theme park environment would be amazing. It could be awful but it's just way too early to tell just by watching the film.

In regards to what we should be talking about in here, they've covered up the coaster supports to protect them from the weather and I suppose the surrounding work they'll be doing.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

Good to see work being done. It's obviouus at this point we will just have to agree to disagree. If we want to keep arguing over this we should do it somewhere else.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

Disney is building rooms in anticipation of the economy turning around. Sure occupancy may be off a bit right now, but if/when the economy turns around, they are going to be packed to the rafters all over again. Some of these projects were slowed way down due to the economic downturn, but are still eventually finishing up.

7Dwarves like whut?

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

^there building hotels to sell DVC memberships.

I'm going to stay on topic now.

Do we have any idea who's building this or is it all in house like flying turns at Knoebels?

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

Vekoma does the lion's share of the track fabrication for Disney. I imagine that they'll get this one, too.

bmac

Giga Poster

Vekoma. It looks almost exactly the same as Grizzly Mountain's track did.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

^Well slightly off topic but if they do ever build the long running rumor of a Monster's Inc door coaster it will be a Vekoma SLC not a B&M Invert x.x

Also has anyone ridden Grizzly Mountain? Is it smooth (not sure if it will be a determiner of how this rides but it might)

Ethan

Strata Poster

^ I'm guessing it's as smooth as Everest is...